Confirmed with Link: Senators Announce Training Camp Roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Be dissapointed that Addison plays over JBD or Hamonic because he earned it is a weird stance.

If Addison plays well in camp and Hamonic is healthy I'd prefer a Hamonic/Addison platoon to to either a Hamonic/JBD platoon or JBD or Hamonic on their own. Still though, none of the three inspire a ton of confidence in me. Paired with a very inexperienced Tyler Kleven makes for a very real potential problem on the 3rd pair. I will not be surprised at all if they need to shore up the 3rd pair by American Thanksgiving.

Reactions: TheNewEra

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Disapointed that a pleyerr like Addsion is on the team, for sure.

Small and unphysical
Very poor defensively
Not doing anything offensively unless gifted PP1, very poor 5v5 offensively

He's at best a Brannstrom replacement, just worse defensively and better offensively.
Lets assume this is 1000% accurate

JBD and Hamonic both havent shown that they definitively deserve the spot. Granted all of these three options makes me highly worried about the spot but if this is what we are trying in training camp then let the best player earn that spot

Reactions: bert

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Seem Norris and Yakemchuk have a good battle one in one in the corner. Nichols said with his physical and good shot seem on good track

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
As a #6/#7 what are you expecting?

Someone to fill a role, same reason I was very happy to see Brannstrom off the bottom pair. At the very least, Kleven/JBD/Hamonic are going to play in the defensive zone and play ~1:30-2:00 minutes PK a game. Addison is a guy that has a ~60% offensive zone start over his career, Sens can't hide a guy like Addison, he wouldn't be the guy we put out there in the offensive zone, and we certianly don't want to put him on in the defensive zone. He's played his career thus far playing 3:15 per game on the PP, and hasn't exactly looked very good. Without that, he isn't going to be kept around by teams.

Addison fills zero role unless you're giving him PP1, which he will never get in Ottawa unless all the wheels fall off.

You're not putting him on to protect a lead, not putting him on to go for a goal, not putting him on the PP, not putting him on the PK, isn't physical, doesn't bring leadership or vet presence. Barring 2 injuries that completely derail the Sens season in both Chabot and Sanderson going down, I don't see any reason to want a guy like Addison

The bottom pairing guys should be able to fill 1 of the above roles, otherwise it's a waste of a roster space

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Someone to fill a role, same reason I was very happy to see Brannstrom off the bottom pair. At the very least, Kleven/JBD/Hamonic are going to play in the defensive zone and play ~1:30-2:00 minutes PK a game. Addison is a guy that has a ~60% offensive zone start over his career, Sens can't hide a guy like Addison, he wouldn't be the guy we put out there in the offensive zone, and we certianly don't want to put him on in the defensive zone. He's played his career thus far playing 3:15 per game on the PP, and hasn't exactly looked very good. Without that, he isn't going to be kept around by teams.

Addison fills zero role unless you're giving him PP1, which he will never get in Ottawa unless all the wheels fall off.

You're not putting him on to protect a lead, not putting him on to go for a goal, not putting him on the PP, not putting him on the PK, isn't physical, doesn't bring leadership or vet presence. Barring 2 injuries that completely derail the Sens season in both Chabot and Sanderson going down, I don't see any reason to want a guy like Addison

The bottom pairing guys should be able to fill 1 of the above roles, otherwise it's a waste of a roster space
You're speaking in absolutes about him offensively that I don't think are accurate. Especially the bolded. He has some skill and great wheels. I think he's going to be in and out of the lineup matchup and injury dependant. The idea that he can't play pp2 but pp1 or he has no tools to start a rush or jump in the play are false. He will quite easily be the third best d man on this team in that regard.

Agree about the defensive part. I think he's gonna be in the organization as security for an injury to Chabot or Sanderson. I would have been fine with Branntsrom at league minimum for that role just like I am Addison. Again as an insurance policy it's a good player to have. He's a d man that scored just under a 40 point pace in the NHL at 22 years old. As a #7 that's fine. He had 29 points in 62 games on a team that didn't score much. Strange thing to complain about.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You're speaking in absolutes about him offensively that I don't think are accurate. Especially the bolded. He has some skill and great wheels. I think he's going to be in and out of the lineup matchup and injury dependant. The idea that he can't play pp2 but pp1 or he has no tools to start a rush or jump in the play are false. He will quite easily be the third best d man on this team in that regard.

Agree about the defensive part. I think he's gonna be in the organization as security for an injury to Chabot or Sanderson. I would have been fine with Branntsrom at league minimum for that role just like I am Addison. Again as an insurance policy it's a good player to have. He's a d man that scored just under a 40 point pace in the NHL at 22 years old. As a #7 that's fine. He had 29 points in 62 games on a team that didn't score much. Strange thing to complain about.
He’s a poor player offensively at 5 v 5, outside of the PP he holds very little value. He averages about 12 points at even strength per 82 games over his career, exact same as JBD.

He’s not lasting where he is because teams don’t want him on their bottom pair + 3 minutes PP he’s been getting, I’m not sure why we would want him on the 3rd pair without the PP time, it doesn’t really make sense. The only aspect he’s been above replacement level is on the PP.

I’m all aboard bringing in someone to play above JBD or Hamonic, Addison just brings very little to an NHL team.

Last edited:
Reactions: DylanSensFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad