Confirmed with Link: Senators Announce Training Camp Roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Marco Scandella is also available and hasn't signed a contract or PTO.

Maybe the only quality d men available are holding off on signing any PTO's and waiting for the right contract opportunity to be offered to them.
schultz would be an interesting option but im guessing he wants a guaranteed contract

also it really isnt baffling about deangelo, that type of post just makes frank look bad at his job

Reactions: Dionysus

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Senators spent their budget and cap dollars on forwards; not much left for a D.

Addison is just a PTO; no dollars have been spent. He could be replaced in a nano-second.
Either player could have been a PTO him or Deangelo. Hilarious that people want that guy in this teams dressing room. Trying to build a culture and ya'll want a headcase who gets bounced from team to team despite being productive. He clearly isnt a good fit.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah closer we get to the season the lower my inhibitions get. Just get Deangelo on that third pair.

And share Kirk and Shultz must have rejected us. I can’t imagine we chose Addison over those two willingly
They did choose Addison over both of them. He's a way better skater, only 24 years old still has upside. But you know better. Of course you want a headcase in the room in Deangelo. All they have done is try and build a culture by bringing in players with leadership and experience. I am sure the next move is to bring in the guy thats been moved from team to team over and over again while being an effective payer.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Either player could have been a PTO him or Deangelo. Hilarious that people want that guy in this teams dressing room. Trying to build a culture and ya'll want a headcase who gets bounced from team to team despite being productive. He clearly isnt a good fit.
Ya, I don't see him as a guy I want to risk in the room, maybe if we had a more established team, but not right now.

Reactions: Icelevel and bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They did choose Addison over both of them. But you know better. Of course you want a headcase in the room in Deangelo. All they have done is try and build a culture by bringing in players with leadership and experience. I am sure the next move is to bring in the guy thats been moved from team to team over and over again while being an effective payer.
Hard to say whether we chose Addison over them or they weren't willing to commit to us, yet.Frank is saying both Shultz and Gio had interest from multiple teams, we may have been one, not sure about Shattenkirk.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
nice intensity.

i get a feeling practices and camps lacked that in the last few years under dj.

also sanderson is going to be our doughty.

and probably better offensively.

They had a choice they chose Addison.....
Wouldn't Addison cost less? I am assuming that he is willing to sign for less than $1M and maybe even a two way contract. Would any of those other d men be willing to sign for that?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They did choose Addison over both of them. He's a way better skater, only 24 years old still has upside. But you know better. Of course you want a headcase in the room in Deangelo. All they have done is try and build a culture by bringing in players with leadership and experience. I am sure the next move is to bring in the guy thats been moved from team to team over and over again while being an effective payer.
Well if the leadership is so great then maybe one head case isn’t so bad and can be brought in line

Yes I think shattenkirk and Shultz are both better than Addison.

Were you clamouring for Addison before he was signed? I actually don’t know maybe you were and I didn’t see it.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I think some of the more established guys are waiting to see if they can get guaranteed deals and Ottawa wanted a warm body for camp, who could also potentially earn a contract. Addison fits that bill.

Agreed on Deangelo. He's a head case, an asshole and is a terrible defender. If I was a GM he would be on whatever the professional/free agent version of a no-draft list is. Keep him far away.

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well if the leadership is so great then maybe one head case isn’t so bad and can be brought in line

Were you clamouring for Addison before he was signed? I actually don’t know maybe you were and I didn’t see it.
I'm not an advocate of Addison but if he does work out he's young enough that he could stick around for a while, I just don't like his defensive game enough for the role I see him filling.

Schultz and Shattenkirk are the guys I'd have wanted, Kylington too before he signed with the avs.

None of them are great, but for depth guys they'd all help imo.

Reactions: bert

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Addision is likely to just be a PTO, they aren't going to be keeping 8 D on the roster. Maybe a 2 way contract for the AHL

He's so bad defensively, and will never be in a spot to be used offensively

Can't see the Sens keeping a 23 man roster, they'll go the usual 13-7-2, and then call up guys when needed from Belleville.

Hamonic isn't going anywhere, and I don't see any chance Addison is kept over JBD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

They literally didnt have enough so they had to bring in more. So then they intentionally sabotage it? I feel like if they did sign him youd be saying it was a bad move anyways. Cant win.

I think Ben Sexton has a better handle on it than you do so I'll stick with his assessment. I didnt care who they brought in I just wanted more competition. But since they did add Addison people I know that are in hockey say he has real talent that its not been a talent thing more just a getting settled and finding himself. They think he can fit in here so they are giving him a shot. If not no worries PTO and he is gone.

Addision is likely to just be a PTO, they aren't going to be keeping 8 D on the roster. Maybe a 2 way contract for the AHL

He's so bad defensively, and will never be in a spot to be used offensively

Can't see the Sens keeping a 23 man roster, they'll go the usual 13-7-2, and then call up guys when needed from Belleville.

Hamonic isn't going anywhere, and I don't see any chance Addison is kept over JBD.
If Sanderson or Chabot go down he will run the 2nd pp. If they are down in a game and he is in the lineup he can push the pace. So you really dont know this and you are going to be disappointed I guess because I think he is probably going to make the team.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They literally didnt have enough so they had to bring in more. So then they intentionally sabotage it? I feel like if they did sign him youd be saying it was a bad move anyways. Cant win.

I think Ben Sexton has a better handle on it than you do so I'll stick with his assessment. I didnt care who they brought in I just wanted more competition. But since they did add Addison people I know that are in hockey say he has real talent that its not been a talent thing more just a getting settled and finding himself. They think he can fit in here so they are giving him a shot. If not no worries PTO and he is gone.

If Sanderson or Chabot go down he will run the pp. If they are down in a game and he is in the lineup he can push the pace. So you really dont know this and you are going to be disappointed I guess because I think he is probably going to make the team.
I'd hope they aren't keeping a guy on the roster in case 2 guys get injured at the same time, or in case of a single injury to fill in a 30 second role on pp2

Would definitely be very disapointed if he was on the team, but doesn't matter much what I think.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Do you mean Addison is a "head case"? or Deangelo?

nice intensity.

i get a feeling practices and camps lacked that in the last few years under dj.

also sanderson is going to be our doughty.

and probably better offensively.
Better offensively than Doughty?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd hope they aren't keeping a guy on the roster in case 2 guys get injured at the same time, or in case of a single injury to fill in a 30 second role on pp2

Would definitely be very disapointed if he was on the team, but doesn't matter much what I think.
Be dissapointed that Addison plays over JBD or Hamonic because he earned it is a weird stance.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Be dissapointed that Addison plays over JBD or Hamonic because he earned it is a weird stance.
Disapointed that a pleyerr like Addsion is on the team, for sure.

Small and unphysical
Very poor defensively
Not doing anything offensively unless gifted PP1, very poor 5v5 offensively

He's at best a Brannstrom replacement, just worse defensively and better offensively.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Disapointed that a pleyerr like Addsion is on the team, for sure.

Small and unphysical
Very poor defensively
Not doing anything offensively unless gifted PP1, very poor 5v5 offensively

He's at best a Brannstrom replacement, just worse defensively and better offensively.
As a #6/#7 what are you expecting?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad