Senators and National Capital Commission have reached an agreement for a new arena at LeBreton Flats

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Hugely better than Kanara though. That drive from Ottawa to Kanata, especially in the dark days of winter, is nasty.
Too many Karen's

I do that drive to go to games. It's never stopped me from going

Reactions: Fatass

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa people who are more familiar with LaBreton Flats - is this going to force Bluesfest to seek out a new space?

Maybe, Bluesfest used to be in front of City Hall and was awesome

So is the Canadian Tire Centre.

if Andlauer wants a quick score he’d renew the free tickets for the OC transpo drivers that service the game that poo-jeans took away - easy publicity win for him.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not easily.

The shuttles are a mess and leaving from orleans it can take almost 2 hours to get there.

Reaching lebreton via LRT is a breeze and not comparable in anyway.
But in a car you could blast home at 110 km/hr.

Does anyone know if the 417 changed to 110 km/hr like you can on go on the 416,
400, and 401 now.

Was it all 400 series highways , or just some.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

400, and 401 now.

I mean sure, after it takes 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot.

Because of the arena location, everyone leaving the CTC is going the same way…east. Traffic nightmare.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
more like up to the 407 but the idea is the arena is still 27 km away from the downtown area where people can get to easily and enjoy the city.

oakville and markham same old suburb whatever....shit...imagine the leafs playing in ajax!

another point is im guessing 27km of travel takes longer than in ottawa.
I'm in Mississauga and it's about 25km from my house to the ACC. After seeing the posts about KM between you and golden jet I was curious about my travels and googled em

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Not easily.

The shuttles are a mess and leaving from orleans it can take almost 2 hours to get there.

Reaching lebreton via LRT is a breeze and not comparable in anyway.

There are buses that go from Tunney's right to the CTC. Unless you've got some sort of special needs to isn't hard to transfer from the train to the bus.

It might be long but what would you expect when you're commuting from the ass end of the city?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
There are buses that go from Tunney's right to the CTC. Unless you've got some sort of special needs to isn't hard to transfer from the train to the bus.

It might be long but what would you expect when you're commuting from the ass end of the city?
I’m in orleans, not tunneys, there are shuttle busses from orleans to the CTC and they aren’t fast.

Also, a central location in lebreton is best for everyone in the city. No long bus ride from anywhere in the city. Traffic not leaving in the same direction.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

400, and 401 now.

The 110 starts and ends before you get to Ottawa.

If you're heading west, it starts just passed the Toronto/CP/HWY 7 turn off and it ends just before the lane reduction past Arnprior.

The 417 gets back up to 110 at like Casselman, maybe sooner. I haven't driven that far in a while, but the highway in Ottawa is 100.

If people have to go East for the time being I'd suggest Huntmar to the roundabout, Richardson side road to Terry Fox, then take Terry Fox to the highway might be faster than waiting the long ass way to get to Terry Fox off Silver Seven as that's just annoying as shit.

I take this and it isn't too bad, but I go from Richardson side road to Carp road and then decide if I want to go from Carp up to the highway, or Carp to March to the highway.

Last edited:

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I’m in orleans, not tunneys, there are shuttle busses from orleans to the CTC and they aren’t fast.

But are they reachable? And you're aware that Tunneys is the current terminus of the LRT?

The 110 starts and ends before you get to Ottawa.

If you're heading west, it ends just passed the Toronto/CP/HWY 7 turn off and it ends just before the lane reduction passed Arnprior.

The 417 gets back up to 110 at like Casselman, maybe sooner. I haven't driven that far in a while, but the highway in Ottawa is 100.

The 400 series highways are almost all 110 now in Ontario as long as they're not in a major city. Pretty much as soon as you leave Ottawa in any direction it's 110.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Gonna take Ottawa 10 years to build this and another 20 years to complete their light rail.
I’m predicting 7-8 years, the sale will go through next year they said in presser.

Then there is decontaminated land to cleanup.
Plus all the zoning, different types of studies, environmental, transportation and whatever else is needed.

All the design and engineering work can now ramp up.

Then the different parties to deal with
Algonquin’s and other nations,
NCC
Federal
Provincial
Municipal

So I say the 31/32 season or 32/33.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I'm in Mississauga and it's about 25km from my house to the ACC. After seeing the posts about KM between you and golden jet I was curious about my travels and googled em

my point was not not about exact kms but a similar area or neighbourhood as kanata and a straight shot down the highway.

mississauga works as well for what i was trying to get at

i dont understand sometimes why every f***ing thread here on HF has to have some bullshit semantical arguement from someone all the while missing the real intention and point of a post

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
my point was not not about exact kms but a similar area or neighbourhood as kanata and a straight shot down the highway.

mississauga works as well for my point

i dont understand sometimes why every f***ing thread here on HF has to have some bullshit semantical arguement from someone all the while missing the real intention and point of a post
My post was more to peek my curiosity and meant no bad intentions. Was kinda like a cool thing for me to find out.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I’m predicting 7-8 years, the sale will go through next year they said in presser.

Then there is decontaminated land to cleanup.
Plus all the zoning, different types of studies, environmental, transportation and whatever else is needed.

All the design and engineering work can now ramp up.

Then the different parties to deal with
Algonquin’s and other nations,
NCC
Federal
Provincial
Municipal

So I say the 31/32 season or 32/33.

One of the stupidest cities in the world.

• Wow

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wut? Have you ever driven a car? It's busy but it's no Sea to Sky highway.
What? Sea to sky is a windy, often, two lane road. Don’t see the comparison. That Ottawa to Kanata corridor might be six lanes (mostly) but it’s in central Canada, where winters are dark, cold, and nasty. Sadly there are growing numbers of people who have to drive this every day for work.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
One of the stupidest cities in the world.
tom-delonge-blink182.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad