Euro: Semifinals - Spain v. France - July 9

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
The spiritual final. I don't see either losing to England or the Netherlands.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Meh Mbappe is not exactly beating guys left and right from the wing, it's more of a case of how well the CBs and Rodri cover Mbappe when he cuts in. I'd be a bit more concerned for the French FBs if Williams/Yamal have a good game.

I will say that Germany did a really good job of pressing Spain and Spain still outplayed them. I'm not sure France can press the same way the Germans did even with Nagelsmann going with the wrong starting lineup. Then again the way the French can casually ping the ball around with ease when they actually want and don't have an offensive black hole in Havertz up front is a new challenge for Spain.

Mbappe has scored million similar type of goals when cutting in from the left flank, though. He doesn't need to reach the area where CBs typically reside, but scores from a further away a curled shot into the far corner.

So if Navas isn't alert and let's Mbappe go past him and cut in, and CB isn't close enough (he can't really leave Kolo Muani unattended), Mbappe has a great chance of scoring. Not sure how familiar Navas and Nacho are between themselves to get the timing right, especially if Yamal doesn't drop deeper to help.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Wow a goal from France from open play.

Spain going to really regret their misses.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yeah Ruiz really needed to bury his header...especially after seeing that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad