Confirmed with Link: Seider signs (7 x $8.55m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Fantastic contract. He's already worth more than that, and it's only going to look better and better with each passing season.

Can someone tell me what we're supposed to be panicking about now?
Our team is still a below bubble team in terms of overall talent. Other than that, we do have a bunch of bright spots, which is nice. Imagine this team with Hronek on it, would probably be in contention for a Conference title.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Our team is still a below bubble team in terms of overall talent. Other than that, we do have a bunch of bright spots, which is nice. Imagine this team with Hronek on it, would probably be in contention for a Conference title.
We can't afford Hronek.

Fantastic contract. He's already worth more than that, and it's only going to look better and better with each passing season.

Can someone tell me what we're supposed to be panicking about now?
That 8th year starts at 12M :laugh:

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Is there another Hronek that I don't know about?

Reactions: Sentinel

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
We can't afford Hronek.

That 8th year starts at 12M :laugh:
And by 2032/33, 12M for a player of his caliber shouldn't be an issue.

Way too early to say that at this point. Let's see how the team looks with Edvinsson up full-time with another off-season behind him, as well as how Danielson, Kasper, etc. are looking. This year's team could be measurably better than last year's team, which missed the playoffs by a hair in a season where they had two massive losing streaks. I think there's a good chance the goaltending is better and more consistent with a Talbot/Lyon tandem as well.

Last edited:

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
The internal cap long term will probably be extremely smart if let's say Danielson or ASP proves to be great great players. Then Yzerman or whoever is the GM then can just point to the likes of Seider and Raymond as well taking deals under Larkin.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Just had to be between 8.5 and 8.7.
Both contracts are going to age well I think.
Now if only SY would stop overpay for stupid UFAs...

Reactions: WFIAA

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
The internal cap long term will probably be extremely smart if let's say Danielson or ASP proves to be great great players. Then Yzerman or whoever is the GM then can just point to the likes of Seider and Raymond as well taking deals under Larkin.
Any agent with half a brain would respond by pointing out that the cap was $15M - $20M lower when those deals were signed.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
In the there is nothing to complain about but that won't stop me department.

A great deal for the Wings and a death blow for the Yzerman haters. (Burger, Raymond and Mo all done with a deft hand).

So, what do I HATE about this deal? I wanted 8 years, sure who doesn't. That is NOT my issue. I wanted Seider at or aove Dylan's pay to push the Wings into a salary dump and improve my odds of being correct about ND making the opening day roster. Don't get me wrong, I do not waiver, but it did make the path a bit smoother.

Kidding aside. GREAT DEAL!

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
It's a nice deal, but it doesn't actually kick in until 2025-26. People seem to be missing this detail. They still need to sign him for this season.

1726773036881.png

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So everything was really sliding few 100k's.

It was already rumoured at July, that Seider would be getting 8.6, Raymond near DeBrincat caphit, and those were under 100k off from the rumours.

Think the 8th year would have pushed Seider caphit to 8.98M (thanks to cap inflation, you can project that 8th year to be worth ~12M) so it couldn't fit under the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad