Seattle Kraken expectations for 2022-23

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
last off season I insisted the Panthers had the best roster on paper in the league. they won the president's trophy.

this year, I look at Seattle and I see the deepest forward group in the West. IF Shane Wright can be an impact player. (50ish pts)

Burakovsky - Berniers - Bjorkstand
Schwartz - Wright - Eberle
McCann - Gourde - Donskoi
Tanev - Wennberg - Geekie

The defense is a little weaker, but if you look outside of Colorado and Calgary the West isn't exactly a powerhouse on the blue line so..

Dunn - Larsson
Oleksiak - Schultz
Soucy - Borgen

Grubs
Jones

Grubauer had a somewhat rough first season in Colorado. I see him turning it around this year with Seattle.

What do you guys think?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
there's a ton of parity in the league. I suppose if their rivals stumble with injuries while they stay healthy, they'd have some chance. But, that also depends on those star prospect forwards catching fire as well. We've seen that this is far from certain, for any team.

I like the Kraken depth. Gourde, McCann, Donskoi, Wennberg? Soucy on the bottom pair D? Man if the top end of the depth chart does its job great things can happen.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t think that’s the deepest forward group in the west without or without 50 points from Wright. Calgary is better for one. St. Louis is much better. Colorado. Vegas. Edmonton. Probably LA and Minnesota.

Do you mean the pacific for that point too?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I don’t think that’s the deepest forward group in the west without or without 50 points from Wright. Calrgary is better for one. St. Louis is much better. Colorado. Vegas. Edmonton. Probably LA and Minnesota.

I would consider St Louis. The other teams listed have better elite forwards (Colorado, Edmonton, Vegas) but when you look at their depth which is what I'm referring to it really suffers.

I could easily see Seattle finishing the year with 9-10 20 goal scorers.

• Haha
Reactions: 23Monahan

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
last off season I insisted the Panthers had the best roster on paper in the league. they won the president's trophy.

this year, I look at Seattle and I see the deepest forward group in the West. IF Shane Wright can be an impact player. (50ish pts)

Burakovsky - Berniers - Bjorkstand
Schwartz - Wright - Eberle
McCann - Gourde - Donskoi
Tanev - Wennberg - Geekie

The defense is a little weaker, but if you look outside of Colorado and Calgary the West isn't exactly a powerhouse on the blue line so..

Dunn - Larsson
Oleksiak - Schultz
Soucy - Borgen

Grubs
Jones

Grubauer had a somewhat rough first season in Colorado. I see him turning it around this year with Seattle.

What do you guys think?

that was you that started the paper tiger thread?

i enjoyed the laughs on that one

thanks

Crow

May 19, 2014
I would consider St Louis. The other teams listed have better elite forwards (Colorado, Edmonton, Vegas) but when you look at their depth which is what I'm referring to it really suffers.

I could easily see Seattle finishing the year with 9-10 20 goal scorers.
I think having elite forwards makes their forward groups overall but I guess I agree that they are technically deeper than most. Not Minnesota or St Louis though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I think having elite forwards makes their forward groups overall but I guess I agree that they are technically deeper than most.

I think elite forwards is a recipe for playoff success, but I think in the regular season you typically see the "deeper" team on paper win the regular season competitions. Kind of like Florida last year.

that was you that started the paper tiger thread?

i enjoyed the laughs on that one

thanks

You are welcome. If you want my takes on New Jersey DM me :).

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021
Have you seen the Vancouver forward corps? They are quietly better. Shhhh Don’t say it too loudly.

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021
I think that defense is bad and that Grubauer needs to rebound to Vezina level to make up for that.
Yes, their defense collectively playing Lidstrom-level and Grubauer becoming the reincarnation of the Dominik Hasek that single-handedly dragged the Buffalo Sabres into the Stanley Cup finals.

When that happens, and pigs begin to fly, only then will they unseat the Colorado Avalanche.

I mean it just comes down to the defense and goaltending. It’s easy. They just have to really want it. Quietly of course.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yes, their defense collectively playing Lidstrom-level and Grubauer becoming the reincarnation of the Dominik Hasek that single-handedly dragged the Buffalo Sabres into the Stanley Cup finals.

When that happens, and pigs begin to fly, only then will they unseat the Colorado Avalanche.

I mean it just comes down to the defense and goaltending. It’s easy.
We also aren’t talking about Colorado. We are talking about the pacific.

Reactions: Summer Rose

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021
We also aren’t talking about Colorado. We are talking about the pacific.
Did McDavid, Draisaitl, Huberdeau, Kadri, Markstrom, Eichel, Mark Stone or even JT F. Miller collectively decide to retire?

If not, why are we all whispering quietly about fairy tales and rainbows?

Reactions: DaGreatOne

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Let's see how their young Cs do and what their pp looks like. 9 or 10 20 goal scorers seems optimistic and the guys the op has on the 4rth line seem miscast. I agree it's a deep group.

Is it certain Wright makes the team?

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Fantasy land if you are relying on 18 and 19 year olds to not only lead a team, but to a conference titleship.

And the D isn't "weaker", it's actually almost atrocious, unless that's what you are also implying for the forward group.

Reactions: DaGreatOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad