Value of: Seattle Kraken at Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I never typically judge based on the start of a season, but I was looking at their contracts just recently and noticed how some of the contracts bring great value at the trade deadline.

But the players I see the Kraken trading are Jared McCann, Joonas Donskoi, Calle Jarnkrok and possibly Mark Giordano while retaining 50%.

I see these trades being valuable considering Seattle has cap space and contracts could return there.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Yep. Some trade chips for sure especially if Seattle is willing to retain salary.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why does everyone think Giordano is being traded? Can’t imagine he’d be named their first captain already without him being a part of their long term plans. I guess if he really doesn’t want to extend then they might but haven’t seen anything indicating he doesn’t

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I never typically judge based on the start of a season, but I was looking at their contracts just recently and noticed how some of the contracts bring great value at the trade deadline.

But the players I see the Kraken trading are Jared McCann, Joonas Donskoi, Calle Jarnkrok and possibly Mark Giordano while retaining 50%.

I see these trades being valuable considering Seattle has cap space and contracts could return there.

McCann and Donskoi have been arguably their two best forwards so I highly doubt they're traded unless it's an overpay. Jankrok possibly but he just got into the lineup so need to see how he does. I can't see how Giordano isn't traded, hopefully he has a good season so they can get a nicer return. The players likely to be traded are Donato, Sheahan and Johansson if they're out and possibly one of Soucy/Fluery/Lauzon if they can get a forward in that same age range back.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Why does everyone think Giordano is being traded? Can’t imagine he’d be named their first captain already without him being a part of their long term plans. I guess if he really doesn’t want to extend then they might but haven’t seen anything indicating he doesn’t
He's 38 and he's a UFA at the end of the season.

Makes some sense to move him at the deadline if he hasn't extended by then.

Even if they hope to resign him, they might be up for moving him to a contender to give him a chance at the cup, and the offer him a contract to return in the summer the way the blues used to do with Guerin every year ;)

It will most likely depend on how they are doing in the standings at the deadline though.

wraparound

May 17, 2014
this is exactly why I thought it was shortsighted to name him (or anyone year one for that matter, but him especially) captain; it makes for some pretty unfavorable optics if they trade him at the deadline. he could definitely bring back a first with retention from a contender, allowing Seattle to recoup the assets they missed out on due to so few of the expansion side deals that Vegas was able to take advantage of.

if anyone is serious trade bait it’s Donato, Lauzon, & the Fleury bros, IMO

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

Imo, it made zero sense to select him in the first place if they weren't planning on dealing him at the deadline. Seattle is an expansion team. They shouldn't be mortgaging the future to go all-in this year.

I also don't see why Giordano would be signing an extension in Seattle if Seattle shows it isn't a contender at this point in his career. This is a guy who's never played in a second round game in his entire career.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I haven't monitored their player movements. I had the impression Seattle had more defenders under contract than they could keep on the roster, and expected them to make some trades in training camp. Don't think that happened. Did they send guys to the AHL that are still potential trade chips?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As an Avs fan I'd love to get our hands on Jarnkrok at the deadline.

I think he's a really good utility sort of player that can play Center, Wing, 3rd line, 4th line, 2nd line as a 3rd wheel sort. He can kill penalties, can play the PP.

I think he'd be an excellent Donskoi replacement for us. Would be curious the cost. We dont have much in the way of draft picks(No 1st or 2nd this year), but have some decent prospects that are tinkering on being NHL ready.

I'd imagine given historical value, something like a 3rd + B- sort of prospect would be close to fair value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad