Seattle Kraken 2024-25 Prospect Rankings: #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seattle Kraken 2024-25 Prospect Rankings: #5

• Eduard Sale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Goyette

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Jani Nyman

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Julius Miettinen

• Ty Nelson

• Tyson Jugnauth

• Lukas Dragicevic

• Logan Morrison

• Ryan Winterton

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Caden Price

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I have to say, I am a little surprised at how down we all are on Sale. If he can continue from how he ended the playoffs and was in the World Juniors, he could make us all look silly.

And I would be ok with it.

Yeah, I really hope he makes us look like a bunch of chumps. I think his issue is that he has a few more obvious red flags than the average Kraken top 10 prospect. If they weren't so obvious, I'm sure we'd feel differently.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yeah, I really hope he makes us look like a bunch of chumps. I think his issue is that he has a few more obvious red flags than the average Kraken top 10 prospect. If they weren't so obvious, I'm sure we'd feel differently.
I agree. Kind of premature saying this, for a 19 year old, but I think this could be a make or break year for him. If he can continue from where he left off and keeps improving, I would be a lot more confident in voting him in our top-5. I read few interviews with him and he did mention that he was pretty homesick and the lack of teammate(s) he could speak to in his native tongue hit him pretty hard. And then there is also the adjustment required for the smaller rink. I am curious to see if he shows enough improvement to start playing in Coachella this season. If he makes it there, I would be thrilled.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I think if Kokko were on here, I might vote for him, but goalies being ranked against skaters is weird, so I'm glad there aren't any on here. That said, for me this is a coin flip between Nyman and Goyette with both Sale and Nelson being considered as well. That said, I think the coinflip is going to Goyette. While his ceiling isn't as high as Nyman's, his certainty is much higher. They are essentially equals for me, but I'd rather put my confidence in 2C potential guy with a 4C downside than a 1st line winger potential with a Europe downside. I'm just glad we have them both.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I went with Nyman. He's the type of forward we really need and I think, thanks to a higher ceiling, he might just be a little bit of a better bet than Goyette to contribute to the Kraken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad