Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Does chance percentage really matter at this point? It just comes down to whether the Bills beat Miami or not
This has been my outlook all week. If they can't be the Dolphins tomorrow then who cares if they make the playoffs because obviously they aren't good enough to make a deep run and certainly not good enough to win it all. I hope Jacksonville wins. The team can earn the second seed or they can spend the off season contemplating what went wrong from Pegula all the way down to the water men and ladies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This has been my outlook all week. If they can't be the Dolphins tomorrow then who cares if they make the playoffs because obviously they aren't good enough to make a deep run and certainly not good enough to win it all. I hope Jacksonville wins. The team can earn the second seed or they can spend the off season contemplating what went wrong from Pegula all the way down to the water men and ladies.
I think we'd have two more wins if the defense wasn't derailed by injuries earlier in the year.

The offense not picking up the slack while the defense was beat up was ugly to watch. Let's hope that was more so due to Dorsey

McDermott has made side critical errors, and it's something to keep an eye on in the playoffs and next season. I do think he's better for the defense than Frazier. I also believe he means A LOT to that lockerroom, and he's done a ton to turn this franchise from a laughing stock to a team every other team gets nervous to play. For this, I will likely be more patient with him than some fans.

Let's hope for a W and strong playoff run.

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I think we'd have two more wins if the defense wasn't derailed by injuries earlier in the year.

The offense not picking up the slack while the defense was beat up was ugly to watch. Let's hope that was more so due to Dorsey

McDermott has made side critical errors, and it's something to keep an eye on in the playoffs and next season. I do think he's better for the defense than Frazier. I also believe he means A LOT to that lockerroom, and he's done a ton to turn this franchise from a laughing stock to a team every other team gets nervous to play. For this, I will likely be more patient with him than some fans.

Let's hope for a W and strong playoff run.
Agreed. A couple things play out differently and they could have clinched the division before tomorrow's game. My thought process was more living in the here and now. If the team taking the field for the Bills cannot beat the team taking the field for the Dolphins then the Bills aren't going to make any noise in the playoffs even if they were lucky enough to back their way in with a Jacksonville loss. I don't think they have to blow up the team however they can reflect on how a few small mistakes cost them a couple wins and the playoffs and/or the division and hopefully not take anything for granted next season. I think they win and I hope they make some noise in the playoffs.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
First of all, the history of the playoffs is rife with teams coming from the wild card spot and seemingly nowhere to make noise in the playoffs. The Kelly-era Bills literally went to Houston needing to win to win the division, got soundly beaten (and QB1 hurt), then fell behind the same team 35-3 in the wild card before making it to the Super Bowl. So, getting in is always preferable to not getting in, even if the peanut gallery doesn't think they have what it takes. Every potential team in the AFC playoffs scares me at least a little - I don't believe any of them are unbeatable. Obviously the path from the 2 seed is preferable to the path from the 7 seed, but if they get in at 7 I don't believe for a second they're a "typical" 7 seed.

That said, I'm also going to be rooting for Tennessee to beat Jacksonville because CJ Stroud is a much more dangerous playoff opponent right now than Mason Ruldoph (or the currently banged up Trevor Lawrence, for that matter). I know McDermott is typically hell on rookie quarterbacks, and to be honest I don't love the matchup with Pittsburgh either, but I want no part of Stroud in the first round right now.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Coaches and horrible time management. Steichen runs the clock, takes a timeout before 4th down, fails to pick it up, and then with only 2 timeouts left doesn't give himself another shot.
I agree…doing that 4th down time out should not have occurred.
I get they wanted to try and score with like 10 seconds or less left

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Buffalo wins…jacksonville wins

1 baltimore
2 buffalo- 7 houston
3 KC - 6 miami
4 Jacksonville - 5 Cleveland

bills win jacksonville L

1 Baltimore
2 buffalo- 7 pittsburgh
3 KC - 6 miami
4 Indy -5 Cleveland

bills lose JAX W

1 baltimore
2 Miami-7 pittsburgh
3 Kansas City - 6 Indy

Bills L, Jacksonville L

1 baltimore
2 miami-7 buffalo
3 KC- 6 pittsburgh
4 Indy- 5 Cleveland

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Buffalo wins…jacksonville wins

1 baltimore
2 buffalo- 7 houston
3 KC - 6 miami

bills win jacksonville L

1 Baltimore
2 buffalo- 7 pittsburgh
3 KC - 6 miami
4 Indy -5 Cleveland

etc....

I will assume you are getting those from a playoff machine however the machine appears to be broken or you misclicked something because the bottom three scenarios have Indy in the playoffs. Unsure if it's simply a matter of replacing Indy with Houston or if had Houston been selected as the winner of that game does that potentially impact other seedings?

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

I think the Bills need to be extremely physical with Miami today. Being the far healthier team even aside from those listed OUT and having so much more to play for, I think we could demoralize them if we punch them in the mouth early. They've got a warm playoff spot to go home to if things start getting rough.

Especially with Tyreek, hit that booted leg all day. He'll be doing his limp to the sidelines routine early like he was up here in October.

Otherwise I'm excited to see the RB trio of Cook, Ty, Lenny for the first time. It could be one of the best RB groups in the playoffs. I think Ty could be an unsung Kenneth Davis type compliment to a deep run, he's had the juice lately.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So what are the outcomes that would put Buffalo in the playoffs but on the road 1/14 instead of at home?
There is only one. Jacksonville losing and Buffalo losing. They’d be the 7 seed and head right back to Miami.

Bills win and Jacksonville win - 2 seed at home against Houston

Bills win and Jacksonville loses - 2 seed at home against Pitt

Bills loss and Jacksonville loss - 7 seed, heading to Miami

Bills loss and Jacksonville win - out

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Showers this afternoon, 68-70F, Partly Cloudy, 10mphNE at game time.
There was a tornado in Ft Lauderdale yesterday

Morse no longer on Injury report (illness)

Fournette Active

Baker (Mia LB) Activated from IR

1704643164590.png

Last edited:

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
There is only one. Jacksonville losing and Buffalo losing. They’d be the 7 seed and head right back to Miami.

Thanks.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Jacksonville. We want them to lose to the Titans. That clinches a spot for Buffalo, and ensures Pittsburgh in the first round if Buffalo wins their game.
Yeah. I'd much rather play Pitt, especially if Watt is out or not 100%. Their running game has really come on strong, though, so I dont think we'd walk all over them. Houston would make me nervous. Stroud is the wild card.

Absolutely no excuses now. Just win.
The Bills-groomed pessimism in me has me feeling like this will be the most disappointing loss since 13 seconds. Please, please get it done! I strongly believe this team can go on a run with the 2 seed. Plus, Id like to go to a playoff game this year. That seemed far fetched in Nov.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Yeah. I'd much rather play Pitt, especially if Watt is out or not 100%. Their running game has really come on strong, though, so I dont think we'd walk all over them. Houston would make me nervous. Stroud is the wild card.

Eh, McDermott's defense typically throws young QBs for a loop. Stroud is good. Their O-line isn't great. The Jets were able to completely shut him down. We can too, especially without Dell to worry about.

I'd be more worried about a ball control defense like Pittsburgh, even without Watt. Espcially if the weather is going to suck.

The Bills pessimism in me has me feeling like this will be the most disappointing loss since 13 seconds. Please, please get it done! I strongly believe this team can go on a run with the 2 seed.

Yeeeeeah. I'm rather confident that we win, but, not 100%. Hoping for the best, secretly preparing for the worst.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

There's also the rare case where if we tie, we get the 6 seed and go to KC.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Eh, McDermott's defense typically throws young QBs for a loop. Stroud is good. Their O-line isn't great. The Jets were able to completely shut him down. We can too, especially without Dell to worry about.

I'd be more worried about a ball control defense like Pittsburgh, even without Watt. Espcially if the weather is going to suck.

Yeeeeeah. I'm rather confident that we win, but, not 100%. Hoping for the best, secretly preparing for the worst.
The way the season has gone I think it will be the proverbial tight game.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think Buffalo wins without much drama. After that, the only team they lose to is Baltimore or Cleveland. KC probably gets taken out before any possible playoff match-up.

If Tua can't win a must win game at home vs Buffalo I'm have no idea how he goes into KC and wins. He struggled with the crowd noise in Buffalo. Their only real hope in going to KC is their D gets healthy quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad