Season predictions, how bad will it get?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How bad will this season be?

• Bad and not fun

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Bad but fun

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Bad but bad because they do too well to tank and not good enough to compete

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • Not bad

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• They win the Cup

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Homer named GM again and that's bad

• Homer named GM again and that's good

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Good but only because Torts is fired early

• Total voters

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
How can you have any faith that this team can be turned into a cup contender at any point within the next 5 years?

I myself have zero. They are rudderless. Their really is no set plane imo at all. Just some buzzwords.
Their drafting, development, and management leave a lot to be desired.

Do they ever have any coaches or potential GM's being groomed for the NHL level that you have even a smidgen of confidence in at all?

But hey they have a flyers type 4th line.
We arent going to pull it off with this exact group of players that exists now, but theres still a core of forwards and maybe a few defenseman that I feel can be a part of a cup winner and its going to depend on them continuing to improve even this year when expectations around here are so low. Danny and Torts challenged them all year last year so I respect not moving them until we've seen whether the process is working. if this year is the exact same results as last year or no significant improvement is made, it might just be easier to fire the coach and bring in someone with a fresher approach to the game. and if thats an idea that Danny's been keeping in the back of his head he probably wants to keep the band together for now.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
If you guys have to be bad, I hope you're able to go all the way. The experience of being mediocre from 08-09 until the past few years was awful. And honestly I feel like you've been through enough already.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
32 thoughts season preview made a good point. There’s more bad teams out west. In the east, the only other team that probably isn’t looking to make the playoffs is Montreal. Of course, there will be 2 or 3 other teams whose seasons go south, but someone has to lose games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
ESPN has us ranked WORSE than 2 of those terrible teams, fwiw.
ESPN?

Flyers had 76 points last year, unless Hart implodes, Couts suddenly breaks down, all the young players either regress or fail to emerge, they're going to be better than last year.

They won't be a good team, but they'll be a competitive team. Not a lot of blowouts, but probably a lot of heartbreakers, where they work hard, come from behind, but can't finish the job b/c they just don't have enough talent to stay with good teams.

Reactions: tnfrs

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fine. Doesn't change the point.

Would you rather have Hayes and JVR and Allison in your top nine or Couts, Atkinson, Brink and/or Foerster?

They'll miss Provorov's minutes, but not his play on the PP or his off season, they won't miss TDA's awful defense.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I might be the only one, who voted they win the cup. Why because I ate 6 slices of the buffalo chicken pizza Brooklyn style XL edition and cinnamon twist with 4 cups of the icing that shoots my sugar levels through the roof.

The point? I was on cloud 9 and not sober.

If you never had a buffalo chicken pizza go get it now
Hey Lou. How's the plumbing at home bud?

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I don't think they can sniff the bottom five without totally decimating the roster.
There are some terrible teams out there, Anaheim, San Jose, Arizona, Montreal, Chicago, even with Bedard . . .

It all comes down to young players, and you just don't know.

Brink took a couple seasons, but was the top scorer by a 7 point margin int he NCAA at 20 years old.
If he's for real, you have an elite playmaker on a top six line and the PP. If not, you have an undersized forward who lacks the speed to get back on defense and gets pushed around in the dirty areas.

Foerster is more depth in the top 9, a solid player but remains to be seen if he's more than that.

Andrae showed flashes, but is still adjusting to NHL speed and NA rinks. But like York, forget size, he plays with leverage, high IQ, and all around skill. But is he ready for top 4 duty?

Zamula has flashed, and now has a NHL body, has to take the next step and turn those flashes into consistent play. He has no special skill other than length and IQ, but that fits a lot of solid top 4 D-men, for every D-man with jets, there are two consistent guys who build ten year careers out of being in the right place. Is he one of those guys?

Cates, Frost, Tippett, Farabee - young enough to improve further, but that's no guarantee. They could regress, flatline or take a step up. Only Farabee has a track record.

Ersson - not as flashy as Hart, but seems to be more fundamentally sound. But he was bounced around last season and overworked in LHV, how good is he?

IF these players are for real, AND a couple players in LHV take a step forward, the rebuild will be accelerated with (2) 1st rd picks and Gauthier, Bonk and Michkov in the pipeline. They'll be on a 3 year schedule. If a bunch of these young players fall flat, then it's fire sale time and a five year schedule.

As usual, decisions are generally made by the players on the ice.
Blackhawks are undefeated, you shall show them some damn respect :sarcasm:

Matti Mich

Jul 19, 2023
Really the Flyers need to trade Hart as soon as the canada report comes out.
If he's around he has the ability to steal some games for you.
A tandem of Errson/Peterson loses alot of games on their own.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure about Ersson, he may not be as athletic as Hart, but he looks more fundamentally sound.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
what teams will need a goalie and want to pay the freight to acquire hart?
wha t is harts value? Hard to gauge imo

Matti Mich

Jul 19, 2023
what teams will need a goalie and want to pay the freight to acquire hart?
wha t is harts value? Hard to gauge imo
Its somewhat 2 fold, how much does Hart return, history tells you anywhere from a late first to a third.
The revalue I think is the additional 5-10 games you lose without him in net.

Unless you view him as your long-long term started having him on the team will hurt you long term by hurting draft stock

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Like they have the past few years, not good enough to get me to watch, not bad enough to get a good pick without winning the lottery.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad