Season predictions, how bad will it get?

How bad will this season be?

• Bad and not fun

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Bad but fun

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Bad but bad because they do too well to tank and not good enough to compete

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • Not bad

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• They win the Cup

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Homer named GM again and that's bad

• Homer named GM again and that's good

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Good but only because Torts is fired early

• Total voters

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ok predictions. I think they finish last in the East but probably around 4-5 overall. Fire sale at the deadline that includes Hart and Laughton and probably Konecny and Sanheim as well.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I think we're surprisingly competitive . There's debate among the diehard about selling at the deadline . Mediocre talent great attitude

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Ok predictions. I think they finish last in the East but probably around 4-5 overall. Fire sale at the deadline that includes Hart and Laughton and probably Konecny and Sanheim as well.
i bet thats the outcome aswell

i think they are worse then last year in the end.. but somehow we get screwed at the draft position

prolly pick 7-10 again and get a nobody.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
80-85 points, pick 10th and 16th as Florida just misses the playoffs, add two solid starters.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Would love to see them be in the playoff mix so they do not sell and maybe become buyers. Just for pure entertainment. Don’t see how that is possible.

Anyone expecting a fire sale is going to be highly disappointed. Unless he has a great year there will not be a market for Sanheim. TK and Laughton are part of the future “winning” core. Unless TK tells them he will not re-sign he isn’t going anywhere.

Trade deadline will be very disappointing. Hope the attendance is putrid.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Want: Worst record in the league
Expect: Team to finish like 8th-10th and probably spend most of the season hovering around 4th-6th.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK probably depends on durability, if he's dinged up again this season, he's more likely traded than extended - but if he can stay healthy, it's hard to imagine getting a return in trade as valuable as he'd be in 3-4 years. They'll have plenty of cap room to over pay him in the out years.

Laughton will be history if Foerster shows he's NHL ready - with Foerster, Cates and Couts, Laughton's value declines, especially with Gauthier coming next year (better LW/C).

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
i feel like if the team is as shitty as last year they might start shipping out the core of TK Laughton and Hart. Sanheim and Couturier probably cant be moved for a few seasons but it seems to me like management believes in this group enough to give them one last chance together. bringing in vets to stabilize bottom pairings and 4th lines means Torts can focus on coaching up the lineup on the top 9F and 4D. But if this team is still in a bottom 5-10 position at the deadline I can absolutely see us as sellers, if we're that bad again I can see Farabee or Frost being dangled, Tippett. Individually there are players on this team that other organizations will covet, theyre not shit players. A lot needs to go right and to a man everyone needs to be better, from the coaches through the players even to the GM for all this 3 goalies and a wade allison roster nonsense. But its hockey, baby. And Im gonna cheer even they dont follow along with every great idea I write in my diary.

Reactions: captainpaxil

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't see them offering the under 25 players unless "someone makes an offer they can't refuse." Late 1st rd picks aren't that valuable compared to a 24 year old top six player. When Michkov arrives, Frost, Tippett and Case will be 27, in their prime seasons. They're more likely to be trade as they approach 30 if there are younger players pushing for their jobs.

TK as I've pointed out, probably depends on durability, his talent and 'tude would be hard to replace, but you can't pay big money to a player who struggles to play more than 60 games a year.

The veterans will all be gone (other than Couts) in the next two years, whether through trade, end of contract or buyout, Atkinson, Laughton, Deslauriers, Hathaway, Walker, Seeler, Staal.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I don't see them offering the under 25 players unless "someone makes an offer they can't refuse." Late 1st rd picks aren't that valuable compared to a 24 year old top six player. When Michkov arrives, Frost, Tippett and Case will be 27, in their prime seasons. They're more likely to be trade as they approach 30 if there are younger players pushing for their jobs.

TK as I've pointed out, probably depends on durability, his talent and 'tude would be hard to replace, but you can't pay big money to a player who struggles to play more than 60 games a year.

The veterans will all be gone (other than Couts) in the next two years, whether through trade, end of contract or buyout, Atkinson, Laughton, Deslauriers, Hathaway, Walker, Seeler, Staal.
tippett is 25 in february i dont think we should really consider them u25 or off the table, if TK puts up 40 and tippett regresses I think the decision becomes a little easier, and we all know Torts will single out people and push them down the lineup if theyre underwhelming

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
TK probably depends on durability, if he's dinged up again this season, he's more likely traded than extended - but if he can stay healthy, it's hard to imagine getting a return in trade as valuable as he'd be in 3-4 years. They'll have plenty of cap room to over pay him in the out years.

Laughton will be history if Foerster shows he's NHL ready - with Foerster, Cates and Couts, Laughton's value declines, especially with Gauthier coming next year (better LW/C).
frost will be traded before laughton

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
i feel like if the team is as shitty as last year they might start shipping out the core of TK Laughton and Hart. Sanheim and Couturier probably cant be moved for a few seasons but it seems to me like management believes in this group enough to give them one last chance together. bringing in vets to stabilize bottom pairings and 4th lines means Torts can focus on coaching up the lineup on the top 9F and 4D. But if this team is still in a bottom 5-10 position at the deadline I can absolutely see us as sellers, if we're that bad again I can see Farabee or Frost being dangled, Tippett. Individually there are players on this team that other organizations will covet, theyre not shit players. A lot needs to go right and to a man everyone needs to be better, from the coaches through the players even to the GM for all this 3 goalies and a wade allison roster nonsense. But its hockey, baby. And Im gonna cheer even they dont follow along with every great idea I write in my diary.
special teams are really gonna sink this team unless a massive imporvment.

and new vet in to replace those ones

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
frost will be traded before laughton
i feel like laughton only gets traded if they plan on shipping all of the older core out, hes too much a part of the team and even at his worst would be one of the best 4th line players in the league, the teams struggles have never been caused by scott laughton. and I think thats always been the plan for laughton, hes played played all the way up the lineup and by the time hes done playing he'll still be an effective player who can shoot. let him retire here because the return will never be worth the loss from a purely human perspective and I know people hate decisions based on silly things like feelings but sometimes you do that for guys that have done everything youve asked for a decade+ maybe im a crazy liberal though but this is how I see the laughton situation. if you move laughton i bet people demand trades thats how important he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad