Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
With Laine out as long as he is, and let’s be honest, other injuries surely abound…

We’ll be bottom 7 for sure. Only way we aren’t is if Hutson is on pace for the Calder and Caufield goes back to 40+ pace.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Anyone still thinking playoffs, after losing Laine, losing a potential top 6 we hoped for in no-show Roy, Guhle still looking injury prone, Armia turned back into a pumpkin, Anderson worked hard all summer but not on his IQ, still having a horrible pp…
We needed all those things to go right, just to sniff playoffs. I see 0% of playoffs this year.
We will pick 8-12.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If they hit 82 points in 82 games I will be surprised. This team might be a smidgen better than last season while teams in their division appear to have improved much more.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Crazy how optimistic some in here are, I would be absolutely shocked if we finished higher than bottom 3

That’s where a few pundits have us, and if I was putting my money where my mouth was I’d have us there or pretty damn close too.

In all of our minds, Caufield’s shooting will regress back to the norm and he’ll score 35-40, Dach will solidify himself as a 2C, Hutson will have a solid rookie season, etc. In that world with average to good goaltending you *may* end up in the mix.

The alternative to that is Caufield is what he was last season, Dach doesn’t move the needle or gets injured again, and we’re probably just as bad as last year.

The organization will have decisions to make if the latter takes place. If our young players don’t progress this year, it may indicate the core is not as strong as we want and hope it is .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad