Season Post-Mortem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Horvat gives me so much hope for this team. Every time he's playing I feel so much excitement. Problem is that he's the only thing that really gives me hope going forward.

I really don't have faith in this management at all. I hope they do what they should've done after the San Jose series loss in 2013 and rebuild. "Retooling" wont do us any good. Very worried that Horvat's promise will be wasted. Major moves need to be made this offsesason.

wahoyaho

Jan 30, 2007
You guys are hilarious. Blow up what? Their are 9 NTC's on team from Gillis's time. The team wasn't even to supposed to be in play-offs this year. Year 1 into re-tool and you guys are ready to fire everybody :shakehead.

We need a full rebuild

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cry:

thats all I have to contribute.

Honestly though, I put the blame on Miller. Should have never been 5-4 if he would have just covered the puck on that first weak shot. All game he was letting out ridiculous rebounds. Ugh :(

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
Oh and I don't understand why people think we'll actually buy out a guy that we just signed a couple weeks ago.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
1 pick in the top 90 for a team in this kind of position is just crippling.

Andrey Pedan is one concussion away from retiring.
Vey wasn't useful enough to be a regular in this series
Clendening is the 3rd or 4th best defenseman in Utica

I was fine with the Baertschi gamble.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
You guys are hilarious. Blow up what? Their are 9 NTC's on team from Gillis's time. The team wasn't even to supposed to be in play-offs this year. Year 1 into re-tool and you guys are ready to fire everybody :shakehead.
Who are the nine (dang, I miss capgeek)?

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
In all seriousness people asking for a rebuild... Not going to happen, they'll stick with the plan they've put out. I'm okay with except for the fact that we have an average to below average old 6 million dollar goalie and a plug 3.6 million dollar defenseman who averages top 4 minutes every game who is absolutely terrible, but yet keeps getting played and played and played.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Our age really showed in this series. And I don't mean the Sedin's. Guys like Higgins, Bieksa and Hamhuis looked slow and had little impact. These are the area's we have to target but all of them have NTC's of some form. But if even 1 of Virtanen, Baertschi, Shinkaruk step into a top 6 role next year I think our top 12 should be solid. It is the back end where we really need some youngsters to step up. Hutton, Corrado, Pedan, Tryamkin, Clendening or even Subban will have a real opportunity to make this team.

If our group of youngsters can make an impact going forward I can see Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver taking over this division. Although I think Anaheim will still be a powerhouse for a few years. I would love to see the 3 Canadian teams create a bermuda triangle for other teams to have to face.

And I vote to give Miller away for free if need be. Not that I think he is bad goalie. But I don't see him being cup caliber and his cap space will be nice to have with the cap holding steady. Rather go with the younger Lack moving forward.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hype levels increased for next year

1 - Horvat - The guy turned heads in the past 4 months
2 - Good chance we see Virtanen/Cassels or McCann
3 - What Lidster can do with Pedan/Corrado over a full season
4 - Higgins/Horvat/Hansen like over a full season

Hype Levels decreased a bit

1 - Sven - Expected more in the two games
2 - Kenins - I could see him making the team next year, but needs more seasoning

Hype levels demolished

Willie D - One of the most boring coaches in the league, Took forever to make playoff adjustments, just an overall gong show in the playoffs.
Sbisa - I can't believe he is going to get 3.6m for another 3 years.
Bieksa - The guy needs to retire, he can barely skate

Jonessy

Apr 21, 2015
I would like to see Matthias, Vey, Higgins, Sbisa, Vrbata, and Dorsett gone. Start bringing up the young guns. Unless your able to unload Miller, you split the games 50/40 between him and Lack for the 2015/2016 season.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
In all seriousness people asking for a rebuild... Not going to happen, they'll stick with the plan they've put out. I'm okay with except for the fact that we have an average to below average old 6 million dollar goalie and a plug 3.6 million dollar defenseman who averages top 4 minutes every game who is absolutely terrible, but yet keeps getting played and played and played.

Mark my words. I am not dropping a dime on this ******** or making time to watch this team if this happens. Something has to give soon.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Lol at this core... we all knew when we up 3-0 and sbisa ****ed us we would lose.

Yup going up 3-0 after the 1st would've been huge , but nope Luca had to toss one of his special pizza's ughhh gonna suck having to endure him for another 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad