GDT: Season Opener | Leafs vs Habs 7pm EST | Winning For Rodion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I’m back Phuqqers lolol
Go Leafs Go
I can’t wait to piss off 1/2 of you Leafers lolo

This is the year for sure argh 🤮
Anyway just got in , can’t wait !!

Anyone out there can help an old timer out with a link ???
I would appreciate it greatly …
Anyway
Go Leafs Go
Frig off Randy

Reactions: Teeder Keon

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
This sounds like a 'careful what you wish for' moment.

Drake and Bieber are guaranteed to be on that list :thumbd:
I hope they just bring back both the goalhorn and goal song they used before the 2004 lockout, every time sundin, McCabe, mogilny or Roberts scored a goal you would immediately hear a Sound of a plane or jet taking off followed by a catchy techno/house beat. It fitted with the name of the arena back then, the air Canada center.

The actual techno/house song, this beat is very easy to recognize by the way, you probably Heard it in many sporting events :

• Love
Reactions: Cleetus

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I havent been to MTL yet, but im sure its like most rinks.

When your team is winning on a Satursay night the vibes are good. Getttinf pummeled on Tues? Not so much

I'll miss Hall & Oates, it was unique while not being tacky.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I’m back Phuqqers lolol
Go Leafs Go
I can’t wait to piss off 1/2 of you Leafers lolo

This is the year for sure argh 🤮
Anyway just got in , can’t wait !!

Anyone out there can help an old timer out with a link ???
I would appreciate it greatly …
Anyway
Go Leafs Go
welcome back Teeder!!!!

Reactions: Teeder Keon

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I hope they bring back both the goalhorn and goal song they used before the 2004 lockout. Sounds of a plane or jet ✈️ taking off followed by a catchy techno/house beat. It fitted with the name of the arena back then, the air Canada center.

The actual techno/house song, this beat is very easy to recognize by the way, you probably Heard it in many sporting events :

I like the horn, they play it when they win.

I can remember just before the opening faceoff you’d hear a plane engine rev and then Sundin would be shown on the scoreboard in a Pilots Uniform sitting in the cockpit, “this is your Captain speaking, prepare for take off” and then the puck drops.

Might have only been the few games in ‘99 but thought it was great.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I can't really get excited for the Leaf's season until TFC are officially eliminated from the playoffs

Last edited:
Reactions: Hellcat

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I hope they just bring back both the goalhorn and goal song they used before the 2004 lockout, every time sundin, McCabe, mogilny or Roberts scored a goal you would immediately hear a Sound of a plane or jet taking off followed by a catchy techno/house beat. It fitted with the name of the arena back then, the air Canada center.

my buddy is a hardcore sens fan, if he even hears this song he immediately shuts it off lol, now I understand I get the same when I hear Boston's horn and goal song lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I havent been to MTL yet, but im sure its like most rinks.

When your team is winning on a Satursay night the vibes are good. Getttinf pummeled on Tues? Not so much

I'll miss Hall & Oates, it was unique while not being tacky.
It’s like most I’ve been to when the Leafs aren’t playing. Unfortunately my wife is from Montreal, been to tons of games there to escape the in-laws house :laugh:
It’s pretty much the same as here, cursing is just different.

• Haha
Reactions: Gallagbi

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
my buddy is a hardcore sens fan, if he even hears this song he immediately shuts it off lol, now I understand I get the same when I hear Boston's horn and goal song lol
Zombie Nation was the best with the horn. Absolutely infuriated other teams fans, was just the best lol

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
I know the players won’t go for it, but nothing screams Toronto more than rush.

Spirit of radio intro after goal….

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
The funny thing is that Boston took the goal song the leafs used in the early 2000s (zombie nation from kernkraft 400 ) as their own during the 2005-06 season, so after the 2004-05 nhl lockout. If I recall correctly, The leafs used zombie nation as their regular goal song from october 2000 to may 2004. So with this song, the bruins gave the same painful treatment to the leafs that the leafs used to give to the sens lol

Zombie nation gave us leafs fans the sweetest memories (regularly eliminating Ottawa in the playoffs back in the early 2000s) but also the most bitter ones ( getting eliminated by Boston many times in the 2010s)

Reactions: Cleetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad