GDT: Season Opener Game 1: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens 10/9/24 7:00pm EST: SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
My father was Jean Joseph Normand Armand, I shit you not.

200w.gif

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Poor PP equals momentum swing.
I'm sorry Marty but 5v3 Hutson HAS to be out there even if you have to sacrifice a forward.
Suzuki is playing slow give him a rest. The second wave moved the puck much quicker.

It's such a no brainer, I know he's showing respect to Matheson, but you have to do right by the team as well, not just individuals.

C'mon Marty.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Blame Lise Payette. When she was working for the PQ in the 70s, she passed that freaking law of the two last names. I'm like alright if the lady of the couple want her name there, that's fine but then just her name. Or switch between the dad and mom which of your children are gonna have your name.

Also my freaking Doctor has two first names and his last name is a first name! I NEVER remember his name. So I call him "bro".
"Bro is my mother's name."

Gros-Bill Doc-Bro

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We were terrible last year in the second period as well I think. The long change is hard on the Habs. Glad to be past it with a lead.
I thought d zone play was suspect though. Lotta scrambling.

Xhekaj, Matheson & Savard have been good defensively. Guhle had his issues in the 2nd, as did Hutson. Barron was ..... eh.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Blame Lise Payette. When she was working for the PQ in the 70s, she passed that freaking law of the two last names. I'm like alright if the lady of the couple want her name there, that's fine but then just her name. Or switch between the dad and mom which of your children are gonna have your name.

Also my freaking Doctor has two first names and his last name is a first name! I NEVER remember his name. So I call him "bro".

Mine have both of ours. It was specifically chosen to one day piss off someone on a hockey board.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Poor PP equals momentum swing.
I'm sorry Marty but 5v3 Hutson HAS to be out there even if you have to sacrifice a forward.
Suzuki is playing slow give him a rest. The second wave moved the puck much quicker.
Yes fully agreed, the only PP that scored was at a time they opened with PP2 and then went into PP1 after 30 seconds. The Dach positioning on the 5v3 was unefficient in my opinion. For me the two main issues at 5v5 are the coveraage in their own zone and the inability to keep the puck possession.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Rapala

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
So far Monty looks realy good, and Savard is solid, our best D tonight.
Ghule is strugling, missing training camp did not help.
He’s losing most puck battles in the corners and behind the net.
Armia is on one of his 6/7 game Casper the ghost nights

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad