GDT: SEASON FINALE | Leafs @ Devils | 7PM CBC | It All Comes Down To This! (Leo is Back!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
dont care about the result of this match we are bottom 2 which is mission accomplished in my view; hoping for a decent lottery roll in our favor at the end of April.

GO YOUNG LEAFS GO.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Nice GDT Cor. If theres one bad thing about the tank the last two seasons it that its killed the epic GDT posts. Hopefully they return as our team gets better.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I really mind the Leafs winning.
Sparks needs to man up and let some softies in.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end

7SG87OAm.jpg

I'll never look into your eyes, again

Can you picture what will be
PPLwzl3m.jpg

So limitless and free
Desperately in need of some stranger's hand

y8RPT2dm.jpg

In a desperate land

Lost in a Romanuk wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane

6FnhELQm.jpg

All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end

7SG87OAm.jpg

I'll never look into your eyes, again

Can you picture what will be
PPLwzl3m.jpg

So limitless and free
Desperately in need of some stranger's hand

y8RPT2dm.jpg

In a desperate land

Lost in a Romanuk wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane

6FnhELQm.jpg

All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah

:handclap:

I'd never want to be lost in a Romanuk wilderness of pain, I can tell you that.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Nice GDT Cor! :handclap: You had to get Negan in there somehow, didn't you?.:D

Hopefully next season we can get some consistently thorough GDTs and not the "I give up" type ones. PGTs would be great to have as well. These 2 things would mean the team is doing well.

It's sad that the season is ending.:cry: At least we have the draft lotto, the draft and July 1st to look forward to. September can't come soon enough.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Cory is starting as Kinkaid our back up played the last game. I'm assuming from the GDT you are all in tank mode so I assume that is good news for you.

Other note is we have signed and called up almost all of our junior and college prospects whose seasons ended early. Close to 4 potential NHL debuts for this game including Paval Zacha.
Cory is about the best possible news imaginable. Be fun to watch your kids versus our kids, too. Heard a rumour you are trading us Zacha and Larsson for Kadri and a 2nd. :naughty:

Leo makes me nervous. I have the feeling that he must have gone out of his way to get in this game--I mean, why else bother? Komarov is definitely not the kind of player who will go gently into that good night.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Cannot believe how fast this year went by. I think the offseason was longer.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I'm not hung up on losing this game. I expect to see professionalism and effort. I expect a strong game from Nylander. I expect Rielly to give it his all this game. And uncle Leo will be looking for his 20th goal I believe.

Whatever happens, happens.

It's been a most curious ride this season ... go Leafs go!

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Maple Leafs-New Jersey Devils: Saturday game preview

New Jersey lost has four in a row and six of its past seven games.

By: Kevin McGran Sports Reporter, Published on Fri Apr 08 2016

PRUDENTIAL CENTER

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: TSN Radio 1050

Key matchup Patrik Elias vs. Garret Sparks.

This could be it for Elias, the Devils’ all-time leading scorer; he turns 40 next week. He has played only 15 games this season but suited up Thursday and plans to play Saturday. Sparks, meanwhile, would love a win as a confidence boost before heading back to the Marlies for the Calder Cup playoffs.

Need to know: The Devils sat in 21st place in the overall standings as of Friday. They could rise as high as 19th or drop to 22nd depending on results through the final weekend . . . Rookie Sergey Kalinin scored twice in Thursday’s 4-2 loss to Tampa. Those were Kalinin’s first goals in 20 games . . . Keith Kinkaid made 18 saves for the Devils against Tampa . . . New Jersey lost has four in a row and six of its past seven games.

Up next: Sunday is the team’s locker clean-out day, where the players will get their summertime fitness routine marching orders.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not gonna lie, the OP made me tear up a little :'(

:laugh: This was nice for me as well. Reminded me that, despite the crap on the ice currently, things are changing significantly, quickly, and for the better.

Nice GDT Cor. If theres one bad thing about the tank the last two seasons it that its killed the epic GDT posts. Hopefully they return as our team gets better.

I agree. Kills the post counts, we hardly had any PGT's this season, usually we almost fill entire threads for a post-game.

The creativity shoots out of you when you look at what you are making them for.

Nice GDT Cor! :handclap: You had to get Negan in there somehow, didn't you?.:D

Hopefully next season we can get some consistently thorough GDTs and not the "I give up" type ones. PGTs would be great to have as well. These 2 things would mean the team is doing well.

It's sad that the season is ending.:cry: At least we have the draft lotto, the draft and July 1st to look forward to. September can't come soon enough.

Yeah, figured I had to finish with at least a TWD or Suits reference ;)

Yeah, things should start to turn around now in terms of GDT's. I think we'll see some creativity starting with the Lottery GDT.

Wow, quite the opening post.

Thanks.

Terrific GDT Cor!

Cheers.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Hoping we lose but won't happen.. Its the leafs.

Obviously 30th is best but whatever happens, happens. Guaranteed 2nd last regular season. It's remarkable in itself that we are tied with Oilers at this point after making up those 4 games in hand.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, figured I had to finish with at least a TWD or Suits reference ;)

Yeah, things should start to turn around now in terms of GDT's. I think we'll see some creativity starting with the Lottery GDT.

Considering all of the mysterious injuries the team has had this year, a picture of LOU-cille might have been appropriate too. :D

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
..And I'll do my own video retrospect of these last two seasons..

So many faces have come and gone...

Go Leafs Go !! : Toronto Maple Leafs 2014-15 Season Pump

Now.., you have to able to laugh a little bit at our mistakes and realize that this was all done as a joke, for this one.. (except the last part, which is positive.

Raising Cane: Summer 2015 Comedy & Pump - TML

The Future Is Here! : Toronto Maple Leafs 2015-16 Season Pump-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad