Proposal: Sean Monahan for Sam Reinhart

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
lol wow were ppl really considering this? Reinhart is a young PPG center not even in his prime #2OA. Reinhart's value was never lower. Only ppl at HF boards thought so. The trade is lopsided at the time lopsided now. It's not like anyone doubted Reinhart would get better & will still be RFA end of this season.

Reinhart at a 40 goal pace this season last time I checked.

The only ppl who needed hindsight to understand how lopsided this trade always was likely are the same people who don't watch Reinhart play regularly thus your statwatching opinion is invalid and those who cannot proficiently assess true value as a fan with contextual factors considered leading to threads like this.

Lol I’m as hard on Monahan and high on Reinhart as anyone in this thread and this is a massive exaggeration. I always thought Reinhart had higher upside as well but value-wise this was not nearly as lopsided as you’re making it seem. Monahan was literally coming off a 30 goal 80 point season

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Lol I’m as hard on Monahan and high on Reinhart as anyone in this thread and this is a massive exaggeration. I always thought Reinhart had higher upside as well but value-wise this was not nearly as lopsided as you’re making it seem. Monahan was literally coming off a 30 goal 80 point season

To add to this, Reinhart is fantastic, but he's not a PPG (point-per-game) center. Yes, he came close to being PPG once he switched from RW to C after Granato took over, but you can't accurately extrapolate small sample sizes over the rest of a player's career. In addition to that, Reinhart is 25 years old, so he's absolutely in his prime right now

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
To add to this, Reinhart is fantastic, but he's not a PPG (point-per-game) center. Yes, he came close to being PPG once he switched from RW to C after Granato took over, but you can't accurately extrapolate small sample sizes over the rest of a player's career. In addition to that, Reinhart is 25 years old, so he's absolutely in his prime right now

you are forgetting...

Reinhart as 1C is getting defense center assignments against him. With Eichel pkaying 1C and him playing 2C could open up one of them to more offensive chances depending on their use.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Player A- Centre, 26 years old, 6 foot 2
Last 3 seasons combined- 197 GP, 66 Goals, 92 Assists= 158 points

Player B- Centre, 25 years old, 6 foot 1
Last 3 seasons combined- 205 GP, 69 Goals, 86 Assists= 155 points

I don't know...seems like a fairly even trade unless you're going by intangibles.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Player A- Centre, 26 years old, 6 foot 2
Last 3 seasons combined- 197 GP, 66 Goals, 92 Assists= 158 points

Player B- Centre, 25 years old, 6 foot 1
Last 3 seasons combined- 205 GP, 69 Goals, 86 Assists= 155 points

I don't know...seems like a fairly even trade unless you're going by intangibles.

Player A has 7 22+ goal seasons including 3 that are above 31 goals, topped at 34, 4 60+ point season's with his highest being 82 points and -31 in 590 games played including 5 goal totals of 27(×2), 31(×2) and 34 which are all above Player B's career highs of 25(×2)

Player B has 5 seasons in the 20+ goals, including his highest at 25 goals, has 3 50 point season's with 1 of them at 65 points and is -97 in 454 games.

You see how this game works?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I had them at pretty equal value throughout their careers. Reinhart’s just riding a high right now.

Like both of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad