Value of: Seabrook + Panarin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
if kruger is traded after his 2 mil signing bonus next july 1st he will only be owed 3.8 Mil over 2 years with a AAV of 3.1 for teams the have a Cash issue and not a cap issue having Kruger for 2 years and only paying him 1.9 is a real bargin. Hawks would have no problem moving him for for prospects or picks to a good budget team.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
Except if Panarin meets his bonuses this year (which he probably will) we still have what, 2.5 mil of the 4 mil in dead cap in 17/18

Not considering that Chicago has 2.5 million in cap space right now - so that could be set aside for the bonus

All this being said, Seabrook I think they would consider trading

I dont see Panarin getting moved

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Not considering that Chicago has 2.5 million in cap space right now - so that could be set aside for the bonus

All this being said, Seabrook I think they would consider trading

I dont see Panarin getting moved

Doesn't that $2.5 in room already account for Panarin's bonuses? The potential bonus is put on the current years cap if there's room, at least I thought that's how it worked. It would have put Chicago over last year so the remaining money from the bonuses slid to this year as dead cap, but I thought that only happens if there's no room in the current seasons cap.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Seabrook (~2.375m retained) for Michalek + 1st + Perlini or Merkley

Chicago gets flexibility after 1 year when Michaleks contract is up, and we get 3+ years of a top 4 RD with loads of experience for our young core.

Doubtful either team agrees to this, but would get us in the playoffs.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
Doesn't that $2.5 in room already account for Panarin's bonuses? The potential bonus is put on the current years cap if there's room, at least I thought that's how it worked. It would have put Chicago over last year so the remaining money from the bonuses slid to this year as dead cap, but I thought that only happens if there's no room in the current seasons cap.

Since Chicago had no cap space last year. The bonuses slip to this year.

Now on top of that they have 2.5 million of cap space

If Chicago doesn't sign someone to use that space.

Any bonuses up to 2.5 million can be used for 2016-2017 bonuses

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
If they sign Vesey.....:sarcasm:

The could trade Seabrook for a teams young Dman on a great contract like Harmonic under $4M cap hit. The trade Zpanarin snd get a good ELC player who has 2 yrs left.

Why would a team do that? The difference between Hamonic and an aging and declining Seabrook is not that big. That contract is going to be an albatross if its not already... imo he's not worth that much money now, let alone for the next 8 years. WOOF

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
Chicago needs to just accept they are in a "deal with the devil"/ Gerorge Carlin- "when you get a puppy you know this is going to end badly" situations. Just put the very best team on the ice every year until you have to put these guys down. Don't worry about the future. This is what you signed up for with the Hossa/Seabrook type deals, so just win now baby.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I don't think Chicago would move Seabrook and Panarin together.

They might move Seabrook, if he waives his NMC, to free up cap space for Panarin.

But I don't see the point of packaging them together.

edit- never mind, I guess this was already pointed out.

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
I don't think Chicago would move Seabrook and Panarin together.

They might move Seabrook, if he waives his NMC, to free up cap space for Panarin.

But I don't see the point of packaging them together.

edit- never mind, I guess this was already pointed out.

Probably won't work. Teams looking a Seabrook will probably be too worried about how his contract might effect thier ability to retain unexpected breakout RFAs.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Not a good offer.

Not enough value and including a cap dump in a cap reduction deal? :help:

Try 1st + Nurse for Seabrook next summer.

No. Hawks dont get to 'recycle' Seabrook into a 21 year old Darnell Nurse. Thats ridiculous.

Oilers dont want Seabrook. We dont want any other 30 year old Defensemen with long contracts thanks. Hawks can keep him.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Why would a team give up younger cheaper versions of what you're trying to peddle off?
Seabrook is already a #3 and will probably start declining fast

He had 49p (his best season ever) and he is #3 and declining fast???

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
No. Hawks dont get to 'recycle' Seabrook into a 21 year old Darnell Nurse. Thats ridiculous.

Oilers dont want Seabrook. We dont want any other 30 year old Defensemen with long contracts thanks. Hawks can keep him.

What other old defensemen do you have of Seabrooks caliber? I think he would be a good fit in Oilers, he still have a few more good years, and trades like that could make you into contenders

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Not a good offer.

Not enough value and including a cap dump in a cap reduction deal? :help:

Try 1st + Nurse for Seabrook next summer.

Why in the world would Edm do this? Terrible offer.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
81GP 14G 49Pts 22:49TOI

That's what a Seabrook decline looks like? What a beast

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
He had a great season of point production

A bad season in terms of possession.

But he was paired with Tvr or Svedberg or Gustafsson for the majority of the year.

This year he will be paired with Campbell.

I would like to see what this year looks like before I say he is declining.

Also. Say what you want about his last season. An inch difference for his double post against St Louis in the 3rd period. And maybe the narrative is different

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
He is good.

But, not if he's saddled with Seabrook's contract.

Which is why trading them together would not make any sense.

It's too early for this discussion anyway. Chicago is not going to trade Panarin until after next season, if at all.

And IF they can't work out an extension with him, then they should trade Panarin (or his RFA rights, anyway) by himself and get back a good haul for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad