Claimed off Waivers: [SEA] Kraken claim Karson Kuhlman off waivers from Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Why do the fees vary so much? Elvenes was only $125 or so. Or are you just doing a bit.
They vary based on years under contract and skater vs. goalie.
The major exception to that rule is "unconditional waivers". They always cost $125, and are needed for contract terminations (buyouts, terminations due to breach, or mutual terminations). That is what Elvenes was on (for mutual termination).

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
Bruins fan.

Hes alright. Plays hard. Did what was expected, just not more than that. Wish him luck unless he plays the Bruins.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Very good skater. Responsible. Works hard. Solid shot. Not much else offensively aside from the solid shot.

I think he’ll be able to carve out a spot in the bottom 6 for the Kraken. Has prior experience with Jay Leach and he was a pretty reliable player for him in Providence. Not a surprise his org claimed him

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Very good skater. Responsible. Works hard. Solid shot. Not much else offensively aside from the solid shot.

I think he’ll be able to carve out a spot in the bottom 6 for the Kraken. Has prior experience with Jay Leach and he was a pretty reliable player for him in Providence. Not a surprise his org claimed him
more of what they have then...

Reactions: CDJ

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Surprised he did not bring back at least a fifth round pick. Good luck CK and thanks for everything.

I don't think Boston wanted to lose him and took the chance he cleared. With possible injuries and the players taking his spot being waiver exempt he was a good filler player when needed. I'm sure they could have gotten a 7th for him if they found the right buyer but really not a guy to bring any value to a team outside of depth. I liked him but I'm not too upset to see him go. Goodluck Kuhl-aid-man!

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Fantastic work ethic, and hustle, but lacking in offensive output.

Very likable player who I hope ends up putting it all together.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Very good straight line skater (but not a guy who is so fast that he is getting breakaways) with good effort on forecheck and backcheck. Average strength/physicality. No skill or creativity or offensive IQ at NHL level. Good character 4th liner that might end up having more value as a character guy in the AHL in his career. Wish him luck!

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bruce Cassidy scratched David Backes for this guy in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final

That's pretty much his legacy which he can't escape from. But the player is okay. Simply okay, good skater, not much offense, vanilla ice cream, plain jane, nothing remarkable, won't give games away either. The prototype of "Replacement level". I wish him well.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Late season waiver pickup leading up to the trade deadline. Disappointed that he's not the top 6 forward we need. :eyeroll:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad