Waived: [SEA] John Hayden and Josh Mahura waived by the Kraken (cleared)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Huh. Mahura is an interesting one to me. Wonder if he's worth a claim to anyone. Took quite a while to start putting something together, seemed like he was becoming a decent, mobile bottom-pairing sort of guy, and then just seemed to fall out of favour. And now, hasn't managed to make Seattle either...though they obviously have a somewhat crowded blueline i suppose.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Huh. Mahura is an interesting one to me. Wonder if he's worth a claim to anyone. Took quite a while to start putting something together, seemed like he was becoming a decent, mobile bottom-pairing sort of guy, and then just seemed to fall out of favour. And now, hasn't managed to make Seattle either...though they obviously have a somewhat crowded blueline i suppose.
Yeah I recall Mahura being a decent depth man for Florida.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yep, but to pretty much all of us on the Seattle board, it felt inevitable. The 7th spot was the one up for grabs and none of us felt like he wasn’t already firmly on a pairing.
That’s awesome.. he was such a solid dman in junior when he was in Regina so it’s not surprising he’s excelling already

rsteen

Oct 1, 2022
Must be a trade waiting for approval. It doesn’t make any sense really.
Or they're trying to get Hayden and Mahura through waivers before the last minute. They can keep them on the NHL roster for 30 days without having to waive them again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad