GDT: [SCP24 RD1 GM7] Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights - 6:30PM CT (BSSW)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If we find out Hawks knee is busted and everybody already knows he's unlikely to come back at all i'm going to be kind of pissed. They had to f***ing know it was a possibility this could happen when they still had time to get another depth piece on D .
I don't think they expected this setback at all. They planned for him to be ready for the playoffs.

well. that says a whole lot of nothing. guess that's not surprising.
The only way we'll know a change is coming is if they call someone up or let us know Hakanpaa is participating in practice.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think they expected this setback at all. They planned for him to be ready for the playoffs.

The only way we'll know a change is coming is if they call someone up or let us know Hakanpaa is participating in practice.

I know but they should've known better . The guy was playing with a wonky knee all season. Just a matter of time before it gave in

Reactions: roryjones

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Don't forget Calgary snagged Hanley off waivers for no reason so they probably didn't plan for that or the Hakanpaa injury.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I was not suprised when Hanley got taken on waivers by a non-playoff teams that just traded off their big pieces on defense.

Reactions: LT

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Don't forget Calgary snagged Hanley off waivers for no reason so they probably didn't plan for that or the Hakanpaa injury.

No reason? They traded away Zadorov, Tanev, and Hanifin and only got back Miromanov. They desperately needed NHL bodies on the blueline.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I guess they could've put Grushnikov in the NHL lineup but that would've been a massive mistake . They needed a guy to play defense at a tolerable NHL level and thats what Joel Hanley is. A tolerable NHL depth defenseman

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
I'm surprised Bayreuther isn't an option. He was saddled in as the #8D at the start of the season but that injury took him out of commision.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I trust Nils more than any other current option.

What was his season series advanced stats v Vegas? He would have played the equivalent of 1 game for a normal d mans TOI . Think his stats would have measured up fine for a 3rd pairing.

1 error stands out but I thought he was quite reliable as a 6th prior to that, made a nice play that would have got him an assist last night if Hintz had banked Stankovens feed in the 2nd.

His mistake wasn't much different from Heiskanens bad pinch early in the first period where Vegas got a 2 on 1 and Barbashev air mailed it...mistakes happen.

For the games 1 and 2 on home ice I hope he gets shifts when Mackinnons line is off the ice, especially in periods 1 and 2. Gets him 7-8 mins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad