GDT: [SCP24 RD1 GM5] Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights - 6:30PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

zXYDKlL.png

wj2rMrk.png

xuCrxNx.png

Tied 2-2

HXUatsC.png

S5unO98.png

ctH5Ev1.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

uXi1lgX.png

ilFZ3nl.png

Hertl - Eichel - Marchessault
Dorofeyev - Stephenson - Stone
Howden - Karlsson - Amadio
Carrier - Roy - Barbashev

Martinez - Pietrangelo
McNabb - Theodore
Hanifin - Hutton

Hill

O9f9cga.png

The PLAIOFFS GDT Theme Song

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
f*** I was hoping they wouldn't do that. We seem to really struggle vs Hill

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

Really? I think the Stars have made Thompson look better than he has actually played but he isn't the reason they lost those last 2 or the reason the first 2 games were so close. Seems really risky with the way Hill has played recently (based on what Knights fans were saying prior to the playoffs starting). Maybe it's more to try to spark the skaters than anything else? We will see.

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Hill is not a good goaltender. There's a reason Vegas only gave him two years on his big extension.

He's looked especially bad since he returned from his latest major injury.

This is kind of shocking to me given how well Thompson has played and the fact that he's clearly the goalie of the future for Vegas.

Should be a great chance to light them up tonight and take a commanding hold on the series.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Hill has been sitting and hasn't played which is good. I want 1-2 quick goals in the first 10-15 minutes and we should be sitting pretty. Let him settle in and then it's 50/50 what happens.

Reactions: Sports2

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
One point I saw was that Thompson has never really had a major NHL workload, and the Stars are definitely making him work for most of his saves. We also seem to have figured out his weaknesses. He's gassed, figured out, and isn't likely to get any better as the series goes on.

Reactions: Ghost of Kyiv

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Fellas that played hockey at a higher level than me (high school)- am I crazy thinking switching from a right catching goalie to a left catching goalie will play some mind games? Don’t remember ever shooting on a right catcher so can’t provide anything other than anecdotals on it.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Fellas that played hockey at a higher level than me (high school)- am I crazy thinking switching from a right catching goalie to a left catching goalie will play some mind games? Don’t remember ever shooting on a right catcher so can’t provide anything other than anecdotals on it.

Maybe in lower leagues but not the pros. Too much scouting and information on pro players. Defenses also adjust to their goalies weaknesses. So once you know the goalies weakness the focus is more exploiting the opposition’s defense to open those opportunities up.

There’s a good mic’d up clip of Draisaitl, Hyman, Nugent-Hopkins, and McDavid figuring this out against LA. Drai found that LA’s defense and goalie were susceptible to cross ice passes to the goalies left side. Oilers cashed in two goals back-to-back using that knowledge.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Maybe in lower leagues but not the pros. Too much scouting and information on pro players. Defenses also adjust to their goalies weaknesses. So once you know the goalies weakness the focus is more exploiting the opposition’s defense to open those opportunities up.

There’s a good mic’d up clip of Draisaitl, Hyman, Nugent-Hopkins, and McDavid figuring this out against LA. Drai found that LA’s defense and goalie were susceptible to cross ice passes to the goalies left side. Oilers cashed in two goals back-to-back using that knowledge.
Welcome back

Reactions: Satan

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I did not think Thompson was that bad. I don’t think he was amazing but definitely not worth losing his starting job. This just screams desperate form Vegas. It’s like they want to put Hill in like last year and expect the same result.

Reactions: Kipper 17 and LT

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I did not think Thompson was that bad. I don’t think he was amazing but definitely not worth losing his starting job. This just screams desperate form Vegas. It’s like they want to put Hill in like last year and expect the same result.
Does seem very risky. I think he's either trying to motivate the rest of the team or he is hoping that Hill can recapture last year's playoff magic. Both of those reasons seem desperate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad