GDT: [SCP24 RD1 GM4] Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights - 8:30PM CT (BSSW)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I don't remember ever seeing a team play that passive and get away with it. Very much feels like a stolen win.

Bought tickets to game 6 the other day ... glad there's gonna be one. Go Stars!

Reactions: LT

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Vegas crowd has kinda sucked the last couple of games

Booed their own team after a period and a half in game 3

In game 4, had no energy in the 3rd period and totally cleared out after the ENG

So much for "toughest barn in the league"

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Nothing last week was as "bad" as that 3rd period. Just hope they look at this as "mana from Heaven" and not "a strategy to try again."
When I started watching in the third period the Stars looked great!

Reactions: LT

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Nothing last week was as "bad" as that 3rd period. Just hope they look at this as "mana from Heaven" and not "a strategy to try again."

I mean, Vegas had 7 shots total in the 2nd and 3rd periods of game 1 compared to Dallas' 19

That was one of the hardest non-Bowness turtles I'd seen all year

Tonight, we controlled the 2nd period and still had 7 shots in the 3rd period alone

Reactions: McDoused and ck26

LT

Jul 23, 2010
I don't disagree we played too passively, but sometimes you just have to handle what good teams throw at you and I think that's exactly what we did tonight

Reactions: Satan and McDoused

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
1 f***ing minute for Nils tonight.

He somehow had his Game 3 minutes halved...from 2 to 1. My God.

He's literally being treated as an in game injury call up.

• Haha
Reactions: redbeardtx

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
1 f***ing minute for Nils tonight.

He somehow had his Game 3 minutes halved...from 2 to 1. My God.

He's literally being treated as an in game injury call up.
It's beyond idiotic, overplaying the other 5 dmen is so stupid. Nils didn't even see the ice after it went 4-2.

The thing that makes it make even less sense is Nils is generally having pretty positive impact when he does see the ice.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's beyond idiotic, overplaying the other 5 dmen is so stupid. Nils didn't even see the ice after it went 4-2.

The thing that makes it make even less sense is Nils is generally having pretty positive impact when he does see the ice.

I wouldn't say any of the 5 main defenseman get overplayed though . Between 18:40 - 23:30 for Suter , Esa , Tanev and Harley and Miro got 28:30 . I don't think any of those minutes are too high . They somehow manage to play 5 defenseman reasonable minutes while playing a 6th 1-3 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost of Kyiv

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia

With last change in Game 5 I'm hoping he can get some shifts on offensive zone face offs, especially if the Stars can line match against vegas 4th line

Reactions: Hull Fan

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I wouldn't say any of the 5 main defenseman get overplayed though between 18:40 - 23:30 for Suter , Esa , Tanev and Harley and Miro got 28:30 . I don't think any of those minutes are too high . They somehow manage to play 5 defenseman reasonable minutes while playing a 6th 1-3 minutes.
In a war of attrition, its stupid to play 5 guys extra like that. Suter doesn't play well when hes playing 20 minutes a night, we already know that, he didn't hit 19 last night but hes seen 20 at least once in the first 4 games. Lindell and Tanev playing top pairing type minutes so also not ideal. We've also seen disjointed play because the pairings are so disjointed.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Ideally this team plays at least 2 more series. All those extra minutes for the others adds up. It's beyond dumb and quite frankly self defeating. Nils obviously isn't to blame for bad goals and breakdowns because he hasn't been on the ice for any of them. So why are you worried he's going to cause more problems than the ones you're already getting in game?

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Ideally this team plays at least 2 more series. All those extra minutes for the others adds up. It's beyond dumb and quite frankly self defeating. Nils obviously isn't to blame for bad goals and breakdowns because he hasn't been on the ice for any of them. So why are you worried he's going to cause more problems than the ones you're already getting in game?
My hope is the answer is “Nils small, Vegas big” and that if we move on and play a team that isn’t gigantic, that PDB intends to play him a lot more.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
If the Stars make it to the Final, I could see Lundkvist getting more ice-time simply because our opponents are reversed this year from what you'd expect. Vegas will be the hardest Western matchup, Colorado (presumably) would be second, and Edmonton or Vancouver or whoever would be third. So, weirdly enough, the series should actually get easier up to the Final (assuming health holds up, of course).

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Anyone else think Pavelski should get an assist on the Hintz ENG?

To me looked a clear deflection from a heel kick that got it to Roope.

Find it funny that the tiniest deflection of a stick will credit you a goal, but a play like Pavs last night doesn't get you an assist

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Anyone else think Pavelski should get an assist on the Hintz ENG?

To me looked a clear deflection from a heel kick that got it to Roope.

Find it funny that the tiniest deflection of a stick will credit you a goal, but a play like Pavs last night doesn't get you an assist
Surprised he didn’t get one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad