Scott Morrow

sadcbjfan

Aug 10, 2024
Hey all, looking for some insight in regard to Scott Morrow. Anything and everything helps including his chances of being a full-time player this season. From what I can tell, it may be difficult for him to crack the opening night lineup, but could be the first defenseman called up?

Reactions: HisIceness

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Hey all, looking for some insight in regard to Scott Morrow. Anything and everything helps including his chances of being a full-time player this season. From what I can tell, it may be difficult for him to crack the opening night lineup, but could be the first defenseman called up?
I highly doubt he makes the roster at this point. First offensive defender call up. He’ll get 20 minutes a night in Chicago learning the system and hopefully be ready for late season call up to give other guys a night off here and there.

Likely replacement for Burns in 25-26. Although he has some competition in Legault.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Best bet is he'll start the season on the top pairing in Chicago and the Canes will use either Ryan, Smith, or Stillman as the #7.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Most likely a full time NHLer next season. The Hurricanes have pretty much all non-business control of the Wolves so Morrow in theory will likely get good minutes to help his development into hopefully a legit top-4 player here. Likely call-up at some point.

Lots of excitement for him amongst the fans. It was a great relief when he signed (some rumors he wouldn't). At worse case he becomes the second coming of Brett Pesce, which actually would be great value for where he was drafted. Highest praise I've seen is Adam Fox. John Carlson is another I've seen. Whatever the case, he's a big part of the future here.

Reactions: Tryamw

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Morrow is a pretty fascinating prospect to watch. He could be an all star, and he could never establish himself as an NHL player at all. Depends on the team around him, his usage, his development as a pro vs NCAA and his ability/willingness to understand what’s being taught. He’s a huge question mark compared to Nikishin. Nikishin can play the game and the position, with him it’s a matter of how well he can translate what he can do to the NHL vs the KHL but he’s gonna play. We’ll see how high he gets up the lineup.

Morrow is far less predictable. He didn’t understand the position at the NCAA level and has trouble not just doing his own thing. He’ll have to develop a lot to be a guy Rod would count on.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Morrow is a pretty fascinating prospect to watch. He could be an all star, and he could never establish himself as an NHL player at all. Depends on the team around him, his usage, his development as a pro vs NCAA and his ability/willingness to understand what’s being taught. He’s a huge question mark compared to Nikishin. Nikishin can play the game and the position, with him it’s a matter of how well he can translate what he can do to the NHL vs the KHL but he’s gonna play. We’ll see how high he gets up the lineup.

Morrow is far less predictable. He didn’t understand the position at the NCAA level and has trouble not just doing his own thing. He’ll have to develop a lot to be a guy Rod would count on.
Fu^k the KHL

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Didn't we just send Kuznetsov to the KHL for Nikishin to come over here? I think that's how it works in these international hostage negotiation type situations right?
It's so confusing when someone talks about having to bridge this prospect and you don't know if they mean giving him a short-time contract or black cars parking at the either end and the two guys being simultaneously sent to walk to the other end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad