Value of: Scott Mayfield at the Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Roberston would become an Islanders favourite IMHO.

He's got that buzzsaw style and plays at 100% every-shift. Add elite offensive instincts and that's got the makings of a fan favourite.
Knies has the one thing that Robertson doesn’t which is size plus they can leave him in NCAA for the full 4 seasons and let him develop. A team favorite vs someone who seems like they’d fit into the current team system a bit better going forward. If Leafs fans are adamant about including Robertson in deals, that’s a red flag for me personally. They did the same thing with Bracco, Schmaltz and a few more guys in the system over the years and not one of them did anything afterwards.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I’d target Knies on that list honestly. Anything that doesn’t include those wasted contracts (Dermott, Ritchie or similar) or Robertson (way too undersized). Those wasted contacts have too much term and are basically wasted roster spots over guys that should play. Dermott is honestly worse for the Islanders then playing one of the kids from the minors and Ritchie is well a road cone moving at the speed of a sloth.

I'm sure you would but Mayfield doesn't land arguably our #1 prospect or any teams #1 prospect

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Knies has the one thing that Robertson doesn’t which is size plus they can leave him in NCAA for the full 4 seasons and let him develop. A team favorite vs someone who seems like they’d fit into the current team system a bit better going forward. If Leafs fans are adamant about including Robertson in deals, that’s a red flag for me personally. They did the same thing with Bracco, Schmaltz and a few more guys in the system over the years and not one of them did anything afterwards.

The Leafs better not trade Robertson, he was apart of the list I mentioned of 4 leafs that shouldn't be traded(in my first post).

Amirov and Roberston are both pretty close to NHL readiness, and the Leafs need their ELC value.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Leafs better not trade Robertson, he was apart of the list I mentioned of 4 leafs that shouldn't be traded(in my first post).

Amirov and Roberston are both pretty close to NHL readiness, and the Leafs need their ELC value.
Considering who both of the GMs are and how well Lou knows the game, the deal is going to leave some people amazed if it actually happens.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He doesn’t land a cap dump with term and a mediocre pick either.

I never said he did but top prospects go for difference makers.
Mayfield is a good defense man that could help a lot of teams but he's not a difference maker.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
If he was a UFA in the summer, that could happen but not with the additional year at $1.45m. It’s going to be a bit more.
With the amount of defense availible this deadline i don't see Mayfield getting more then a 1st and a 2nd. If it was last year absolutely, but with so many teams already out and more nearly there, the supply is more then the demand.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
With the amount of defense availible this deadline i don't see Mayfield getting more then a 1st and a 2nd. If it was last year absolutely, but with so many teams already out and more nearly there, the supply is more then the demand.
The Islanders however aren’t in a rebuild or in a need to move him why is why the return would be an extreme overpayment and not worth it for most teams. He’s not the guy to move, Aho is when it comes to the Islanders blueline.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The Islanders however aren’t in a rebuild or in a need to move him why is why the return would be an extreme overpayment and not worth it for most teams. He’s not the guy to move, Aho is when it comes to the Islanders blueline.
Thats fair, you know the islanders better then I do. Mayfield would be a great addition to any nhl team but he isn't someone you over pay for.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
If he was a UFA in the summer, that could happen but not with the additional year at $1.45m. It’s going to be a bit more.

Mayfield is not a Muzzin so you cant hope to have value of a Jake Muzzin for him...

A 1st and a second look like an excellent value for mayfield

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It is a lot but when you factor in 2 playoffs with that cap hit its worth it for what he brings. Any more then that and it makes no sense.

I get it... But there are quite a few D men, that are likely available, and quite a few contenders don't have first round picks... (Florida, Carolina, Vegas, Colorado....) Rangers, Washington don't need RD... so if you are going to move him, it isn't a huge market.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Mayfield is not a Muzzin so you cant hope to have value of a Jake Muzzin for him...

A 1st and a second look like an excellent value for mayfield
Like I stated earlier, the Islanders really have no reason to move him unless the deal was a upgrade for the team. They’re not in a rebuild even with this season being a mess so why move him for futures unless the deal was too good to be true. I can’t see Lou moving him to Toronto for 2 picks and being satisfied with that.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

I don't think Amirov is close to NHL ready. Great prospect, just needs some more time.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Like I stated earlier, the Islanders really have no reason to move him unless the deal was a upgrade for the team. They’re not in a rebuild even with this season being a mess so why move him for futures unless the deal was too good to be true. I can’t see Lou moving him to Toronto for 2 picks and being satisfied with that.
Thats fair, but Mayfield will need to be resigned after next season probably at about 4 mill per year
With dobson emerging will the islanders still re sign him at that cap hit or let him walk or sell him at next years deadline for less ?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Thats fair, but Mayfield will need to be resigned after next season probably at about 4 mill per year
With dobson emerging will the islanders still re sign him at that cap hit or let him walk or sell him at next years deadline for less ?
Look at the Islanders cap situation. If you think they’ll lose both, you’re sadly mistaken. They have the room to sign Dobson to a bridge deal and pay Mayfield within the next 2 years.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Roberston would become an Islanders favourite IMHO.

He's got that buzzsaw style and plays at 100% every-shift. Add elite offensive instincts and that's got the makings of a fan favourite.
I believe you're talking about Jason, not Nick here. If you want Mayfield at that contract you're going to have to give to get imo to get him off the island. The leafs getting a defensive guy like Mayfield would give them a shot this playoffs.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Maybe youre right, maybe not whos know

Maybe they will say, we stay like that and we hope we gonna bounce bck next season.
Or
They will say, with pulock and dobson there, mayfield will drop as our #3 RD. It could be a good time to take his trade value right before we lose him and before the summer to let see how can we upgrape the club... and maybe use those pick next summer to upgrape their foward group or something like that.

Everything can happen

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Look at the Islanders cap situation. If you think they’ll lose both, you’re sadly mistaken. They have the room to sign Dobson to a bridge deal and pay Mayfield within the next 2 years.
I dont know the islanders cap thats why I asked you. Also don't care who the islanders keep or sell, makes no difference to me cause I'm not a fan of said team. Just trying to ask a few questions.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
What we’ve established with the previous Mayfield thread is how it’ll just turn into the Leafs fans offering stuff the Islanders don’t need (defensively abysmal LHD and/or undersized forwards) in return for him. If Lou is moving him, I fully expect something in return that will help the Islanders moving forward.

2nd 23
Robertson
Holl/Dermott

Seems like a pretty reasonable offer which is what I had offered previously and I am having reservations with how Robertson has played upon return.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Maybe youre right, maybe not whos know

Maybe they will say, we stay like that and we hope we gonna bounce bck next season.
Or
They will say, with pulock and dobson there, mayfield will drop as our #3 RD. It could be a good time to take his trade value right before we lose him and before the summer to let see how can we upgrape the club... and maybe use those pick next summer to upgrape their foward group or something like that.

Everything can happen
You’re honestly better off finding a LHD who can eat minutes and play a stay at home game to pair with Dobson on the 2nd pair then promote Salo to play with Mayfield in the 5-6 spot. The issue comes down to moving him and not having a similar player to replace him at similar or less value.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I believe you're talking about Jason, not Nick here. If you want Mayfield at that contract you're going to have to give to get imo to get him off the island. The leafs getting a defensive guy like Mayfield would give them a shot this playoffs.
He sure would if the cost was fair, an overpayment makes no sense, and Robertson plus a 1st is an overpayment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad