Value of: Scott Laughton to New Jersey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Really?

And expand further on a good bit!

That's the rumor I heard. To be honest, I cannot even stomach this team much anymore but he's a good 2 way center, which is why you are even interested, no? I would say a good prospect or a 1st. Just me gauging

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Seems like a 2nd and B prospect is about right to me, though long term reasonable money might make him worth more. Is Philly finally going to rebuild like Hextall wanted?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Indeed. We are both having difficult seasons. So let's wait and see I guess

At least you have some pieces to move though, as our top piece would be Leddy who has tailed off badly in the past 30 games. We maybe get a 2nd for him, as I can't see anyone paying more than that, and maybe we get a 3rd for Namestnikov if Steve decides to move him.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Yeah maybe, prices always seem to disappoint though, unless you get the crazy overpay situations.

My guess is he would be seen in the same light as Goodrow or Coleman when they were traded to the Lightning. Even though the Lightning overpaid for both of those players, I feel like they set the market for that type of player.

Reactions: Bet the Over

pooch

May 30, 2017
I think it was take a big overpayment to pry him loose. Our C depth sucks and he can be deployed on various lines and at LW. He also is pretty good at the PK.

Edit to add that he's signed for 4 more years at a very reasonable 3m per.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m no flyers fan but I would expect provorov or JVR for captain

JVR is more likely to be a former Flyer next year than to wear a letter.

If I were guessing, I'd say the C would be one of Couturier, Laughton, or Hayes, with the two not chosen, Provorov, and Ellis rotating As.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
I can't see Provy in this discussion at all. In fact, I think he may not be untouchable in my eyes. He is our #1 de facto, but on a championship caliber club idk. I could be underselling him idk

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I personally think Laughton is overrated as all hell. I didn’t want to sign him to that contract. I don’t also see us trading with Jersey.

if Laughton is named captain, that’s another step losing me from this franchise.

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
You know damn well Kevin Hayes will be named captain. They’ve traded for/signed every childhood friend of his the past 2 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad