Value of: Scott Hartnell

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'd say easy no to that. We don't need another 2C especially with term. Dubi and Wennberg are perfect for the top 6 C until PLD is ready and honestly I think he should start the year with us at 3C anyways with Hartsy to mold him like he did wennberg Dano and wild bill. The part that makes this an easy pass though is Milano. 0 reason to trade him when we get no upgrade in return. That's bad value to add him.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'd offer Stoner if CBJ is desperate to move him and Murray can't get enough Value for Fowler. CBJ gets rid of a NMC and saves 1.5 mill in cap as well as a year less in term. Stoner is a solid 3rd pairing D who can PK and works well paired with a PMD.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
CBJ are no where near desperate to move Hartnell. He puts up 1st line production playing mainly 3rd line minutes with pp time. Last year we needed cap but now with everything squared away from the buy outs and Jones being signed long term we are feeling good about the cap.

Any team looking to add Hartnell more than likely wait until the deadline to make sure they are in a place to make the playoffs and make a run. Unless someone wants to make a dumb trade before the season I see us holding him because we want to win ourselves. Based on where we are at that point will determine if he moves. If we are competing late season I doubt he moves unless our young guys are tearing it apart and we can afford to trade him and move up young guys to fill that big hole in production.

If he does move I can't stress this enough it is extremely unlikely an actual roster player comes to us and if it is one there contract will be over after this year. We have as many as 5 or 6 players likely to make the team out of the gate OR very early call ups. Our wings, D, and goalie are all loaded with NHL ready talent. What we would be looking for is young just drafted guys who still need 2 to 3 years to be ready. Probably high B prospect range mid 6 C. And after that just picks.

We can't take cap dumps, we don't need any more bottom 6 guys we have too many now and have some great future ones about ready on Lake Erie and no bottom pairing D because we also have a situation where right now JMFJ is our 5 which is an awesome position to be in to where the #6 guy is the only guy on the team who won't be capable of playing top pair minutes. We have Prout and Golo now with about 4 others ready and waiting for that chance.

In short:
2 2nds or
Late first or
Mid 6C B-prospect and a 2nd/3rd round pick depending who the prospect is.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd offer Stoner if CBJ is desperate to move him and Murray can't get enough Value for Fowler. CBJ gets rid of a NMC and saves 1.5 mill in cap as well as a year less in term. Stoner is a solid 3rd pairing D who can PK and works well paired with a PMD.

Yeah, if only Ducks fans actually spoke that well of him on their own boards. :laugh:

No need for Stoner anyways.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree with mikeyp on the parameters he just laid out. I might make an exception for the Plekanec proposal, because I really like him as a player.

I'd say easy no to that. We don't need another 2C especially with term. Dubi and Wennberg are perfect for the top 6 C until PLD is ready and honestly I think he should start the year with us at 3C anyways with Hartsy to mold him like he did wennberg Dano and wild bill. The part that makes this an easy pass though is Milano. 0 reason to trade him when we get no upgrade in return. That's bad value to add him.

Plekanec has shorter term than Hartnell, the issue with Plekanec is salary. His total pay is as much as Hartnell is getting but in two years rather than three!

But in the unlikely event that ownership is fine spending the extra $, I'd do the deal (Hartnell + Campbell + Milano for Plekanec + Ghetto + 3rd). Ghetto and a 3rd is not quite enough for Milano, but it's close enough. And Plekanec is a better all around player than Hartnell. Similar production and age, but Plekanec is the much better defensive player. He slots the other centers into roles they can take advantage of. Of course, if the FO really expects Dubois to contribute right away then this wouldn't happen.

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal
A MTL fan proposed a deal around Plekanec and Hartnell over on the CBJ boards earlier today....

To MTL: Hartnell + Campbell (salary reasons) + Milano

To CBJ: Plekanec + Andrighetto + 3rd Rd Pick

Jackets get a top-6 C as a placeholder for when Dubois is ready, Habs pick up their top-6 winger for the present, and one of the Jackets' top prospects in Milano for the future.

Change Plekanec for Desharnais

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal
In what world does that make the trade fair...

Desharnais and Andrighetto straight up for Hartnell

Columbus gets a 40+ point center, on last year of Contract
and a sort cheap winger with top 6 potential
Haps can probably add a D prospect not named Juulsen or Sergachev

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Desharnais and Andrighetto straight up for Hartnell

Columbus gets a 40+ point center, on last year of Contract
and a sort cheap winger with top 6 potential
Haps can probably add a D prospect not named Juulsen or Sergachev
I personally don't like it but I know some of our guys were in agreement for something like dd and a 2nd or prospect around ghettos value for Hartnell and boll but with boll gone it's likely Campbell they'd want added. I wouldn't hate the deal but I want PLD to start 3C this year and this changes it. This is a trade that overall is fair to both teams taking into account both needs.

Also apologies if.my earlier comment sounded aggressive I thought you meant same deal with Milano going your way and no way is that remotely fair. But if you suggest DD+2nd or ghetto for Hartsy and Campbell I say fair trade that i for my own personal reasons don't like but I could.see both fan bases easily agreeing to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad