Value of: Scott Hartnell

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I still think he's gonna end up in Nashville. .. really don't know for what or if its even doable or anything like that but it's always just been a gut feeling

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
I don't think it will happen, but it would be nice if the Blues could free up cap space by dealing Shattenkirk for a cost-controlled young forward, and perhaps by shipping out a couple extra warm bodies.

If that occurs, I would like to see them flip Berglund for Hartnell. Given Hartnell's contract, a mid-range pick or prospect would likely need to be involved also.

Short term, I think that improves both teams. Blues replace some of the grit and leadership they lost by not resigning Backes and Brouwer, and CBJ get a defensively responsible center/wing who will improve their puck possession metrics immediately. Hartnell's age and Berglund's inconsistency are a wash. I think it's pretty even value.

Long term, the deal is less appealing for the Blues--depending on Hartnell's health. But I'm assuming they're still wanting to compete this year, and taking on a bad contract that helps us do that isn't necessarily a bad tradeoff. I think it's worth the risk.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't think it will happen, but it would be nice if the Blues could free up cap space by dealing Shattenkirk for a cost-controlled young forward, and perhaps by shipping out a couple extra warm bodies.

If that occurs, I would like to see them flip Berglund for Hartnell. Given Hartnell's contract, a mid-range pick or prospect would likely need to be involved also.

Short term, I think that improves both teams. Blues replace some of the grit and leadership they lost by not resigning Backes and Brouwer, and CBJ get a defensively responsible center/wing who will improve their puck possession metrics immediately. Hartnell's age and Berglund's inconsistency are a wash. I think it's pretty even value.

Long term, the deal is less appealing for the Blues--depending on Hartnell's health. But I'm assuming they're still wanting to compete this year, and taking on a bad contract that helps us do that isn't necessarily a bad tradeoff. I think it's worth the risk.

As a Blues fan, I'd rather keep Berglund

patrick

Feb 10, 2012
New York offers Ho Sang. I hate Hartnell but only because he's not on my team. Exactly what the Isles need.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The CBJ barely have roster spots for our own prospects we want to bring up so if we move Hartnell I see it being for futures only. Maybe 2 2nds or at the deadline a projected late first. Right now we don't have cap issues anymore and we don't need to move him for the draft because our key guys are all protected.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
New York offers Ho Sang. I hate Hartnell but only because he's not on my team. Exactly what the Isles need.

No, The Isles don't offer JHS. I will try and find a link to a recent, short article about how pleased the nyi are with what they see as JHS maturing. He turns pro and will be on his ELC this Oct.

A fan on twitter asked Staple about Hartnell to Brooklyn and it sounds like the Isles don't like the 3 yrs left , on the 34 yr olds deal.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Hartnell fits into the Jackets' short term plans (he's good for 20 goals this season). But he doesn't fit into their long term plans given his age.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
He was a top prospect along with Spezza, Taffe, Nash and Datsyuk in NHL 2004.

That's an elite grouping to be apart of.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
He would be a good fit in VAN especially with Lucic signing in EDM. VAN needs some sandpaper in their line up.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The CBJ barely have roster spots for our own prospects we want to bring up so if we move Hartnell I see it being for futures only. Maybe 2 2nds or at the deadline a projected late first. Right now we don't have cap issues anymore and we don't need to move him for the draft because our key guys are all protected.

I think it'll be something like 2 2nds at the deadline.

Jackets can't move Hartnell now without really weakening the team's offence. They have to at least give the season a chance.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
A MTL fan proposed a deal around Plekanec and Hartnell over on the CBJ boards earlier today....

To MTL: Hartnell + Campbell (salary reasons) + Milano

To CBJ: Plekanec + Andrighetto + 3rd Rd Pick

Jackets get a top-6 C as a placeholder for when Dubois is ready, Habs pick up their top-6 winger for the present, and one of the Jackets' top prospects in Milano for the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad