Confirmed with Link: Scott Gomez a San Jose Shark - 1 year $700k

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Flyers already wanna sign Gomez! Might be their best signing yet! Trading for the worst goaltender in the league, and signing Kurtis Foster to a two year contract. What else is next?:laugh:

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
If he comes cheap and can actually produce, fine by me. I am more interested in results than what happened in the past at this point.

Zajacs Faceoff

Sep 22, 2011
We've all been talking about Gomez and Sykora, but what about Arnott. Arnott left a sour taste in my mouth, at the skate with players event during the 2010-2011 season, he seemed like he hated being there. It was right before our amazing stretch of games, but the rest of the players were pretty happy to be there, even during our terrible start. Well at least they seemed like they were. However I feel about his attitude, I think he could still put up some points, and help us out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We've all been talking about Gomez and Sykora, but what about Arnott. Arnott left a sour taste in my mouth, at the skate with players event during the 2010-2011 season, he seemed like he hated being there. It was right before our amazing stretch of games, but the rest of the players were pretty happy to be there, even during our terrible start. Well at least they seemed like they were. However I feel about his attitude, I think he could still put up some points, and help us out.

He'll probably cost more though. And he's even older, and we can probably get Gomez on the cheap. I bet Gomez would sign with us for less than another team if we threw some interest his way. I bet he wishes he never left cause he had it good with us. I also think he's pretty happy that we didn't get stuck with his handcuffing contract too.

Didn't Arnott get an invite to the Stars training camp anyway?

Zajacs Faceoff

Sep 22, 2011
I really don't understand why Arnott would only get a camp tryout. I think last year he still showed he had some gas left in him, also didn't Langenbrunner get a contract? Also I don't know how I would feel about Gomez being back, don't really want to see him here, but also thinks if he does return he will put up some surprising points. So whatever Lou wants to do with Gomer, so be it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really don't understand why Arnott would only get a camp tryout. I think last year he still showed he had some gas left in him, also didn't Langenbrunner get a contract? Also I don't know how I would feel about Gomez being back, don't really want to see him here, but also thinks if he does return he will put up some surprising points. So whatever Lou wants to do with Gomer, so be it.

I think Arnott's problem was not signing before the lockout. I'm sure he got offers, but he probably thought he could get some better offers if he held out? He really would have gotten a better offer had he signed before the lockout. I'm sure our buddy Sykkie would have too.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
I guess were gonna have to sign Arnott, and Sykora.. Get the A line back together. Hell, we'll sign Gomez, and trade for Gionta, and then we'll just double shift Elias! That's five players, two lines. I should take over for Lou. I am so smart.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I guess were gonna have to sign Arnott, and Sykora.. Get the A line back together. Hell, we'll sign Gomez, and trade for Gionta, and then we'll just double shift Elias! That's five players, two lines. I should take over for Lou. I am so smart.

I could do without the others, but I'd love Gionta back! If we're interested I think he'll sign with us in 2014 especially if Stephen re signs that year. We could trade for him, but I doubt Montreal wants to get rid of him until the deadline, if not even next year's deadline. They would also want Zubrus or Josefson I'm pretty sure. They wouldn't just trade Gio to us for Tallinder or a defenseman. If Bergevin is anything like that last idiot up there though they probably would.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Oh, if we got Gio 1.0 and Gomer back, it'd be fantastic for off-ice reasons.

More Americans than Canadians on the team, perhaps provoking a rant from Don Cherry or something.

So, more nostalgia and patriotism than anything else.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh, if we got Gio 1.0 and Gomer back, it'd be fantastic for off-ice reasons.

More Americans than Canadians on the team, perhaps provoking a rant from Don Cherry or something.

So, more nostalgia and patriotism than anything else.

Haha I didn't even see Don's Cherry's name yet, but as soon as I saw more Americans than Canadians I automatically thought of him!:laugh:

Semak

I'll take the physical challenge.

I say nay because we might rue the day we had to repay for that stray who left for his big pay but lost his way and now he might have no say on whether he can play.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
The question is...if we were to sign him and he becomes our #2 or #3 (dependent on how josefson is playing ) center until Adam is healthy what happens to Gomer after that. I would hate to see Josefson lose ice time for Gomez and Gomer would be useless in a 4th line role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad