Scoreboard watching - or - the pursuit of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Idk why you think that? Pens have more ROW than CBJ and Philly. We have to beat them in points and so does Philly to pass them. I don’t see it as very likely.

Caps won. CBJ and Flyers both now have game in hand and only 2 points behind Pens.

Pens (96 points): @CBJ and OTT
Jackets(94 points): DET, PIT, @NAS
Flyers (94 points): @NYI, CAR and NYR

Flyers have easiest schedule and reasonably could get to 100. CBJ could get to 100 winning out, which would also prevent Pens from getting to 100 since both teams can't get 2 points.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
There is gonna be a war on Thursday. Gee, i hope Bob is ready.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Oh god we're going to play Boston aren't we
giphy.gif

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
The Bruins are pretty banged up, I'd much rather face them or the Caps than get destroyed by the Pens yet again.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I see two wins there. We must match

The 6 teams are pretty much locked in stone now. But, I do understand the concern of wanting to finish at least at WC1.
Honestly, quick math- I think if we want to finish at the #2 or #3 spot, we need to finish with 5 points out of a possible 6 spot with a regulation win vs the Penguins so we can get the #3 spot, which I believe we would face the Flyer's then. I think the Flyer's win out honestly looking at their schedule and how they are playing.

But, I'm not too worried about getting as high as the #2 or #3 spot. I just want to avoid Boston or Tampa Bay in round 1. Give us the Caps, Flyer's, Pens.
I also wouldn't mind the prospects of facing the Capitals, as I don't think they will fill Nationwide like the Penguins would honestly. Not that I think it makes a difference in us winning a game, but just for me attending the game. I hate feeling embarassed with how few fans we have in the stadium, compared to the Pens.

Anyways, I hope the Devils finish with 3 points or less. If we can win 2 games in our stretch, I'd be happy.

I think I seen Josh Anderson started skating the other day, so we should have him back for the playoffs. Hope Foligno is able to return on the short side of his projection for a majority of the 1st round of the playoffs as well.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Regardless of where the Jackets finish (assuming it is in) there is a tough opponent to be faced. I have watch Philly twice recently and they looked good both times. Only question is their goaltending so I think they are my preferred opponent.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Regardless of where the Jackets finish (assuming it is in) there is a tough opponent to be faced. I have watch Philly twice recently and they looked good both times. Only question is their goaltending so I think they are my preferred opponent.

This is where I'm at as well.. but I'm guessing the odds of it happening are probably the least of any possibility as it would require both us & them passing the Pens. :(

JacketsWatcher

Jan 8, 2011
I also wouldn't mind the prospects of facing the Capitals, as I don't think they will fill Nationwide like the Penguins would honestly. Not that I think it makes a difference in us winning a game, but just for me attending the game. I hate feeling embarassed with how few fans we have in the stadium, compared to the Pens.

I didn't think there were very many Penguins fans in Nationwide at the last playoff series. Certainly not the level of a regular season game.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I didn't think there were very many Penguins fans in Nationwide at the last playoff series. Certainly not the level of a regular season game.

I was there for Game 3 and I would agree. Regular season its around 30% full of Pens fans these days (used to be way more), during the playoffs it was like 10-20%

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Key games today:

Carolina @ Florida

If Florida loses we just need an OT game against Detroit to clinch.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I was there for Game 3 and I would agree. Regular season its around 30% full of Pens fans these days (used to be way more), during the playoffs it was like 10-20%
According to the CBJ website, it looks like a hundred tickets or so left for Detroit and amazingly a couple of thousand for the Penguins. Hope those don't get picked up by Pen fans. First home game of the playoffs near sell out.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
According to the CBJ website, it looks like a hundred tickets or so left for Detroit and amazingly a couple of thousand for the Penguins. Hope those don't get picked up by Pen fans. First home game of the playoffs near sell out.

The prices for tickets for Thursday are crazy. PSL holders used to be able to buy extras at their reduced season ticket rate(around $45 for upper bowl). Now the CBJ only give around a $10 discount off face value and no TM fees Surprised that upper bowls nose bleed seats at face value are $86 plus TM fees. I got club seats for that price for the December Pens game last season.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH

Yea, game 3 wasn't nearly as much Pens fans last year... It shocked the heck out of me in that regards.. But, I'm still having nightmares to the Penguins game that I attended a month and a half ago at Nationwide arena where it was close to about 45% penguins fans from what it seemed.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
The prices for tickets for Thursday are crazy. PSL holders used to be able to buy extras at their reduced season ticket rate(around $45 for upper bowl). Now the CBJ only give around a $10 discount off face value and no TM fees Surprised that upper bowls nose bleed seats at face value are $86 plus TM fees. I got club seats for that price for the December Pens game last season.

My family typically sells all the Penguins game tickets in our club seats, because that's one of the few games a year we can make some serious cash... Have to sell some of the games as Full season ticket holder. The last few days I've looked at buying on Stubhub for myself, but I haven't found a price that i want to pay for the upper deck yet either.. Prices were steep.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
My family typically sells all the Penguins game tickets in our club seats, because that's one of the few games a year we can make some serious cash... Have to sell some of the games as Full season ticket holder. The last few days I've looked at buying on Stubhub for myself, but I haven't found a price that i want to pay for the upper deck yet either.. Prices were steep.

yeah... me either. I called my rep thinking I could get top row upper bowl seat for $45ish and she said they'd be $75 each and that was my discounted price, otherwise they'd were over $90 at Face Value + TM fees. I may go down to arena Thursday looking for a couple last minute cheap ones or the standing room ones for $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad