Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

Attachments

• 20240914_162332.jpg
    20240914_162332.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 2

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
f*** you I'm jealous
lmao I love how they included the dancing Korok dude

I did a walkthrough of it. I do intend to disassemble it and make the OoT version, but the lego table is gonna be booked for a bit lol. There are more goodies in those unused bags.

I dont remember what part of the video it is, but the korok dude Hestu has actual working maracas built from lego pieces lol

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
idk about yous guys but after watching the replays over the summer on NHL network including several of the games from the final and game 7 a handful of times, i believe that bob should have won the conn smythe.

at the time, i couldn't have cared less and same for bob i'm sure. in retrospect, he was great throughout and had such an impact in each series.

who gaf about the assist record? mcdavid had his chances to help the oilers win game 7 (or any of the other 3 losses) and he didn't get it done. he was great and easily the MVP if they win but bob was equally brilliant imo. and we f***ing won.

could the silver lining be that he comes back hungrier this year to win again and get the conn smythe?

ps - i hope we keep bumping this thread every week for eternity.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
idk about yous guys but after watching the replays over the summer on NHL network including several of the games from the final and game 7 a handful of times, i believe that bob should have won the conn smythe.

at the time, i couldn't have cared less and same for bob i'm sure. in retrospect, he was great throughout and had such an impact in each series.

who gaf about the assist record? mcdavid had his chances to help the oilers win game 7 (or any of the other 3 losses) and he didn't get it done. he was great and easily the MVP if they win but bob was equally brilliant imo. and we f***ing won.

could the silver lining be that he comes back hungrier this year to win again and get the conn smythe?

ps - i hope we keep bumping this thread every week for eternity.
Barkov has been the most consistent among Panthers throughout the playoffs, so he was my pick. Mcdavid did everything he could, and I'm not against his MVP title, but hockey is a team sport nonetheless.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
McDavid is the best player in hockey, but I am probably in a minority here:

I don't think Edmonton came back in that series because of its stars. I think Edmonton came back in that series because its depth players played out of their f***ing minds and won their matchups (and then finished) in those games. Specifically: Foegele, Janmark, McLeod.

Giving a player on the losing team the Conn Smythe should be done only in very rare and unique circumstances. I don't think this qualified. I don't care how many points he racked up in garbage time of blowouts or against fourth string goalies in prior series, tbh.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Barkov has been the most consistent among Panthers throughout the playoffs, so he was my pick. Mcdavid did everything he could, and I'm not against his MVP title, but hockey is a team sport nonetheless.

If any Panther deserved the Smythe, it was Barkov.

There was time in the final where Bob was letting in every odd man rush against him! I think it was 5 in a row. His numbers were quire pedestrian, and he would have been regarded as one of the weakest Smythe winners in history. I think he was good this playoffs, but not spectacular. He was also outperformed by goaltenders in two series. Yeah, he did a great save on Matt 'sniper' Dumba, and a few other big saves. But nothing really out of the ordinary for a Stanley Cup winning goaltender imo. He was good enough, but not other worldly, which is how some people here perceive him.

McDavid deserved his Smythe. He was a worthy winner even being on the losing team. The final series went to 7 games. Last game was basically a coinflip. I don't think Bob stands out that much tbh. His previous run to the finals was better. As stated as the beginning of this comment, Barkov was our best and most consistent player this playoffs.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
If any Panther deserved the Smythe, it was Barkov.

There was time in the final where Bob was letting in every odd man rush against him! I think it was 5 in a row. His numbers were quire pedestrian, and he would have been regarded as one of the weakest Smythe winners in history. I think he was good this playoffs, but not spectacular. He was also outperformed by goaltenders in two series. Yeah, he did a great save on Matt 'sniper' Dumba, and a few other big saves. But nothing really out of the ordinary for a Stanley Cup winning goaltender imo. He was good enough, but not other worldly, which is how some people here perceive him.

McDavid deserved his Smythe. He was a worthy winner even being on the losing team. The final series went to 7 games. Last game was basically a coinflip. I don't think Bob stands out that much tbh. His previous run to the finals was better. As stated as the beginning of this comment, Barkov was our best and most consistent player this playoffs.

i agree that bob was "more" spectacular last year. i think we're a better defensive team all around this past run, though we did have give up spectacular chances as a result of our hyper aggressive play.

while his numbers were pedestrian, i don't remember any truly soft goals besides the 5-hole goal in ... was it game 5?

i don't agree at all that he would be regarded as a weak winner. i think some have recency bias here. he was great all playoffs long. in fact, game 7 of the final was on again two nights ago and in the final 10 minutes, McDonough said "you'd have to think bob has reemerged as the conn smythe favorite after his performance tonigiht". i'd forgotten about that.

anyhow, we can agree to disagree. i just wanted to pay tribute to bob.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
i agree that bob was "more" spectacular last year. i think we're a better defensive team all around this past run, though we did have give up spectacular chances as a result of our hyper aggressive play.

while his numbers were pedestrian, i don't remember any truly soft goals besides the 5-hole goal in ... was it game 5?

i don't agree at all that he would be regarded as a weak winner. i think some have recency bias here. he was great all playoffs long. in fact, game 7 of the final was on again two nights ago and in the final 10 minutes, McDonough said "you'd have to think bob has reemerged as the conn smythe favorite after his performance tonigiht". i'd forgotten about that.

anyhow, we can agree to disagree. i just wanted to pay tribute to bob.
Agreed, he was absolutely elite in every series clinching win (only the 4th goalie in the nhl to give up 1 goal or less in them), i think he got injured or tweaked something when monty slid into him during game 4 that led to that crazy 3 game blowouts, but he was absolutely saving our ass almost every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad