Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
You have to wonder what is going through Jonathan Huberdeau's head right about now...
He is probably looking for another strip Club but during the playoffs

I thought of Huberdeau & Weegar too. That has got to be absolutely brutal. But hey, at least they have a ton of money.
Weegar did throw some cheap shots last. Idgaf about him

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Haven’t posted here in years, but thought of this site after the win. So happy for everyone that stuck with the team through the dark times.

This all still feels like a dream.
Go cats! :cheers:
Don't tell me we lost you to reddit

giphy.webp

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Same. I went to game 5 thinking they’d close it out, but then it got to game 7 and I couldn’t stomach paying another arm and a leg
The Team was waiting for me and my son to return from Italy so that we could be there for game 7 and the CUP! We only missed game 5 in person. We were in person for game 1, 2, and 7. We watched 3, 4, and 5 from Italy, and game 6 from home.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Somewhat late with my own gushy post but work deadlines. Unlike all those people partying in South Florida at the moment [God, I hate them/so bloody envious]...

Unlike most of you, I’m a new fan. I’ve only been following hockey and the Panthers for just over a year, so I can’t claim that this victory means as much to me as it means to so many of you. Ever since we won, I’ve read so many posts here that make me tear up. The loyalty and love throughout all the shit times, the history, the memories: they mean everything. You deserve this. We deserve this. And f*** all those voices saying we don’t. It makes me crazy with rage that we’re painted as the secondary characters/faceless villains in the overall narrative all post-season long, and I’m bursting with pride that this team stuffed that down their throats and forced the hockey world to respect them, respect us.

But damn, we made it hard on ourselves…. After game 6, I ruthlessly went cold turkey on all hockey media. I couldn’t bear it – that comeback narrative and McDavid as saviour and us as chokers: it made me physically ill. I have no idea how you guys coped or retained any iota of positivity or sanity. Which just makes it SO impressive what our team did: how they found that mental strength and fortitude in the very eye of the storm, with all the pressure in the world on them and everyone (even us) doubting they could do it. I’m convinced that Zito would have blown up this team if they had lost that game, and he would be right to. Say what you want about where we were in games 4,5 and 6; there are very few teams and individuals that could be pushed to that brink and then come out the way they did in game 7.

Maybe it’s more beautiful this way, and maybe it means more. As Maurice said – perhaps we had to do it the hard way, the Florida Panther way, and fail three times to finally overcome and win that last. I thought I understood what it meant to be a fan before this. But now, they got their bloody hooks in me. I’m now a Panther for the rest of my miserable life…

GO PANTHERS! VAMOS GATOS! 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad