GDT: SCF | V | "Big Game Hunting" | Oilers @ Panthers | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Not really worried considering that they're likely aware of some of Florida's antics and they (the refs) don't want to be embarrassed

I will likely regret actually giving the officials the benefit of the doubt, but I can't conceive a scenario where there hasn't been discussion about their blatant attempts to draw majors by faking injuries and how to handle it.

I'm still stunned that they left the knee in Game 4 at 2 mins after I saw Bennett sprint to the room with his "injury." I was dead certain they were going to get sucked in by it because they normally do.

Reactions: TB12 and frag2

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Not sure what people are seeing when they talk about trading Kulak. Guy is very solid back there and I consider him nearly as important as Ekholm on the left side. Depending on who we can move around in the offseason he is a top tier 3rd pairing guy or a comfortable 2nd pairing guy. Damn solid out there, you'd have to be insane to want to move him.

westbeast

Jun 22, 2017
Not sure what people are seeing when they talk about trading Kulak. Guy is very solid back there and I consider him nearly as important as Ekholm on the left side. Depending on who we can move around in the offseason he is a top tier 3rd pairing guy or a comfortable 2nd pairing guy. Damn solid out there, you'd have to be insane to want to move him.
Agreed. You trade ceci before even thinking about trading kulak

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He is absolutely not a comfortable 2nd pairing D man.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton

If Broberg can be a cheaper replacement for Kulak on the 3rd pair you'd have to be insane to not consider moving him and using the extra money to try and get an upgrade on Ceci.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
For most of the day I forgot there was even a game tonight. Feels like a week since the last one.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
This is the game Hunter Brown goes after the Panthers.

People are acting like we are playing the 90s Bulls and they will put us away because they feel like it. News flash the Oilers want to win tonight just as bad as the Panthers.

We might lose but it’s going to be an epic game imo.

Let’s get this series back home.
Time to put the Calgary Rat back into his...cage!

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Things to worry about:
-Bobrovsky bounce back game expected. Just what good goalies do.
-Desperate Florida team not wanting to come back to Alberta for Game 6. They don't want that crowd smoke OR that level of doubt to the series
-I don't think they are above "sweep the leg" tactics to try and win
-PP still cold at least 5 on 4
-Matchups won't be there. I was impressed with 3rd line's work against FLA's top 6.

Things to feel good about:
-Mindset and vibes around the team are confident and calm
-McDavid looked more like true McDavid last game than all playoffs imo
-Skinner showed well last game. He can do it, but has to be the better goalie 3 times in a row here
-That 3rd line is killing it. Janmark/Henrique/Brown are a hell of a counter right now to any line FLA is throwing out.

I believe this will be the hardest game to win if this thing goes the distance.
Might have to be in OT *screams internally*.

Roderek

Dec 29, 2022
Seravalli said 97, 29, and Bouch all plan on re-signing long term. The number for Connor is 14 mil, Drai 12 mil, and Boych 10 mil. Keeping in mind the cap is going up. Said Leon and Connor are best friends and think they have a good thing going here.
I don't think those numbers are accurate, they may all resign, but I have a hard time believing Drai is going to take less then Austin Matthews. Pretty sure with how underpaid he has been the last few years, He will want to be the highest paid player until McDavid resigns. Pretty sure it will be closer to 15.5/14.5/11 depending on if Bouch signs this summer or waits until next year and has a good season.

Reactions: Hollywood55

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I don't think those numbers are accurate, they may all resign, but I have a hard time believing Drai is going to take less then Austin Matthews. Pretty sure with how underpaid he has been the last few years, He will want to be the highest paid player until McDavid resigns. Pretty sure it will be closer to 15.5/14.5/11 depending on if Bouch signs this summer or waits until next year and has a good season.
unlike Matthews, Drai will take an 8-year max term though so his number would be lower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad