GDT: SCF | V | "Big Game Hunting" | Oilers @ Panthers | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Any news on who the f*** faces are that will be referee this game? Let me guess someone who Florida is undefeated with and someone the Oilers have a losing record from.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I felt that Drai was 75% out the door. If 97 and 29 both re-sign, I will be doing cartwheels.
Just out of curiosity besides terrible rumors out of Boston why did you think Leon was almost out the door?

Any news on who the f*** faces are that will be referee this game? Let me guess someone who Florida is undefeated with and someone the Oilers have a losing record from.
Orourke and Kozari again. Only 4 refs for the whole finals

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
O'Rourke and Kozari, we are 0-9 with either of them in this playoffs, Panthers are 9-1 this playoffs.

Although they have favored us for PP's in this series, just need to bury the chances we get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers88 and bone

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
1000001580.jpg

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This is the best I've felt about a team in the Mcdrai era. Win or lose this series, it seems we've found the recipe for this team to remain a contender for the coming future at least. All the next GM has to do is upgrade on Ceci, Skinner, and add a top 6 forward. Knoblauch's coaching, Broberg and Holloway's emergence, the continued growth of RNH and Hyman, this team is set to have multiple runs at the cup as long as we can keep 29+97, which is looking encouraging according to Seravalli.
I also heard Seravelli’s comments on that along with his comments on GMKHs possible replacement (Jackson takes the wheel officially). Seems alright.

Was surprised that he also said he thinks the club will try to re-up Perry. I like CP but I’m not sure he adds value in a second year go, after him passing along his experience this year (and his usefulness in the playoffs as they go deeper). Oh well that’s all for after the season to chew on.

Go team.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Please win Oilers!

We still believe...

Let's go Oilers!

At least give them a big f***ing Fight!

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
The shit ice of the southern teams is something that just doesn't get enough press. Could you imagine the NFL or FIFA allowing a team to always have a wet and muddy field during the playoffs? If they can't have good ice, they shouldn't have a franchise, full stop.
There should be a standard.
That being said the last couple years of Northlands was complete shit ice. Also the new building I find sometimes has the puck bouncing.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This should be the best game of the series.
Edmontons confidence is as high as its been.
Desperation (Oilers) vs desire (Panthers) and if the Oilers can win tonight then despiration (and worry) will start to leak in Floridas game on Friday.

letgo-lets-goooo.gif
It reminds me of Carolina in '06 a bit even though 3-1 occurred a little differently in that series.
Carolina bombarded the Oilers in Game 5 but the Oilers got the goaltending, weathered the storm and were opportunistic in OT. I expect a similar push from the Panthers where they lean on the Oilers for long periods so the Oilers are going to need Skinner to play his best game of the series I think.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Take it for what it's worth, but Seravalli reported on Oilers now on Friday I believe that Oilers and Leon's camp have begun talks, and he's nearly certain that he'll sign.
If they can't they have to trade him. Can't let him walk like Islanders did with Tavares.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
If they can't they have to trade him. Can't let him walk like Islanders did with Tavares.
i want to respond but it’s bad Joo Joo to have this discussion right now and especially in this thread. Can we agree to park it until after end of season?

Reactions: 9GWG9

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I also heard Seravelli’s comments on that along with his comments on GMKHs possible replacement (Jackson takes the wheel officially). Seems alright.

Was surprised that he also said he thinks the club will try to re-up Perry. I like CP but I’m not sure he adds value in a second year go, after him passing along his experience this year (and his usefulness in the playoffs as they go deeper). Oh well that’s all for after the season to chew on.

Go team.

Coincidently, Laurence Gilman and Toronto agreed to mutually part ways…hmmm

Reactions: brentashton

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Hoping for the Oilers to extend the season, but really worried if the Oilers can do what they did in game 4 on that sloppy bad Florida ice.

May be a style of game that favors the Panthers, as we saw earlier, when the Oilers can't wheel, they defer.

We're due to win a close game, hope it's tonight.
Dump and chase. Make their D work.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Hollywood55

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
I felt that Drai was 75% out the door. If 97 and 29 both re-sign, I will be doing cartwheels.
Seravalli said 97, 29, and Bouch all plan on re-signing long term. The number for Connor is 14 mil, Drai 12 mil, and Boych 10 mil. Keeping in mind the cap is going up. Said Leon and Connor are best friends and think they have a good thing going here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad