GDT: SCF | V | "Big Game Hunting" | Oilers @ Panthers | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
The most important game of the McDrai-era is here.

Considering the fire with which Florida will play tonight, series could be over within 10 minutes depending on Skinner's form – 3 goals against on 12 shots are not out of question.
They want to make Stu look terrible as early as possible, sucking the energy out of the team. The guys can protect the net to a certain extent, but he will have to make some critical saves, no way around it.

They basically need to get a majority of bounces, a human Bobrovsky and a solid all around performance from everyone for three games straight to even have a chance. Very unlikely, but if someone can do it, it's this team.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Hoping for the Oilers to extend the season, but really worried if the Oilers can do what they did in game 4 on that sloppy bad Florida ice.

May be a style of game that favors the Panthers, as we saw earlier, when the Oilers can't wheel, they defer.

We're due to win a close game, hope it's tonight.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don't know if the first 5 mins of a game have ever been more important than the first 5 in this one.

We absolutely can't have them start hot, maybe get one early, get lines rolling and start to smell the cup. We have to jump on them early, make them fight uphill early and make them start thinking early. I loved the tactic of starting Janmark - Henrique - Brown line in Game 4 and they should do it again. Win the first shift then keep going.

If we win this game I feel like we put ourselves in a fantastic position to at least get it to 7. Just win.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Kane in for Perry? That's the only swap for Kane that I could stomach.
I don’t think we see Kane anymore this series. (And I’m a Kane supporter). He’s hobbled and seems to have gotten worse after the Dallas series. I think the lines right now are set up to be pretty effective. Don’t touch. Broken Kane inserted into the lineup at this point doesn’t help anything.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I don’t think we see Kane anymore this series. (And I’m a Kane supporter). He’s hobbled and seems to have gotten worse after the Dallas series. I think the lines right now are set up to be pretty effective. Don’t touch. Broken Kane inserted into the lineup at this point doesn’t help anything.
If Kane takes out one of their top guys, it's a good move.

Hollywood55

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Florida likely takes it tonight back at home, as they are gonna be pissed about last game, and don't want to come back for game 6.

093e9de96a729b3532a85044b57224ab.jpg

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So... they have a Panthers GDT on the main board, not a general one but a homer one. Does anybody find that odd?
The home team always gets the GDT on the mains.

This is nothing new

NHL sending the officials to get the series over with.

Reactions: CupofOil

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
This one is nervous, fellas.

After going down 3-0, I refused to feel anything and was devoid of emotions for anything Oilers related as a coping mechanism for the last few days (or week because of the stupid schedule), but now the feelings are back in play.

LFG Oilers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad