GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
whether you lose 2-1 or 8-1 you still only lose one game. The only benefit to the Oilers is if they get their offensive swagger back and Florida doesn't get godmode goaltending in the next few games, then it could still be a series.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Part of me is worried florida just wants to win in florida on home ice on the beaches but if that’s the case I hope the oilers make them regret that
There is no chance of that. Panthers wanted to win tonight but didn’t give a shit. They thought it’d be easy and they quit when it got difficult. The Oilers got em. This is going 7.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Might be the most lopsided game 4 when a team has a 3-0 lead of all time.

The only other one that comes to mind is when the lightning lost in 2015 6-0 or 6-1.

Oilers would have been better off to share some of this fortune in the previous games rather than have it come to fruition in one game. They went from snakebit to can't miss like a flip of the switch.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I really wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. I know it's an easy narrative to feed off of.

The Oilers generate some confidence and momentum. The Cats get a wake-up call and extra motivation. The Cats are three-zone machine (not tonight), there's no way they lose four straight.

As a hockey fan, hey, I can't argue against extra playoff hockey (if it were to go to 7).

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
11:02 at night and it's still daylight in Edmonton? Is this an Arctic Circle kind of thing where the Sun doesn't set at this time of year? Weird.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
8-1 loss is just Florida disrespecting themselves. I’m not sure they even bet they can truly win it. Talk about an absolute choke.
Look at the scoring spreads of the last 5 or so Cup Final series

eg The Avs blew out the Bolts one game, though most games were close… also the Bolts blew out the Avs one game

One game is one game lol. I’m sure the Oilers can come back, but this could easily be a blip on the radar for the Panthers

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Def rough as a Panthers fan. But we're kinda used to suck.. hopefully they do what they always do this year and reset. There's plenty of goals to be had...

Seeya game 5 oil

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Clever enough for you to take exception....... two cups, Art Ross, don't worry MSL is a winner and a cup will come to Montreal while he is coach.....
You're the one taking exception. Kucherov is an excellent hockey player who's clearly not the brightest bulb.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Full marks to the Oil. Great game.

I fully expect a pissed off Florida team
Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad