GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still think it's probably over in game 5, but I just don't think the Oilers are bad enough to get swept, nor do they really deserve to.

Even the 2021 Canadiens lasted 5 games against Tampa, and they were significantly worse than the current Oilers team. I know there's this narrative currently that they're not, but that Canadiens team's best players were an older Carey Price playing in some of his final games in his career, and a 36 year old Shea Weber literally playing the final games of his career in that series. They finished at the bottom of the league the next year.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Charles Barkley has changed his mind regarding the Oilers after this performance.

Instead of Galveston, the Oilers will be heading to San Antonio instead.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
we've responded to 3 losses in row 3 times this season by going 8-0, 16-0 and 5-0.
But you have not had to play a team of Florida's caliber in all of the games

Streaks are nice but there are no Shark, Black Hawk, Yotes night offs.

Florida is showing how hard it is to win 4 in a row against a very good team.

Anything is possible though. Not saying impossible, but still improbable.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Oilers deserve to be ahead in this game and if they keep playing like they are should win this game. Florida needs to realize they have dig in harder to win the fourth game of the series.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Please count us out.

How could we possibly win 3 in a row against Florida. We’ve already lost and it is impossible to win 3 in a row.

We definitely didn’t win 16 games in a row this season.
You planning on getting an entirely new defense and new goaltender?

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I still think it's probably over in game 5, but I just don't think the Oilers are bad enough to get swept, nor do they really deserve to.

Even the 2021 Canadiens lasted 5 games against Tampa, and they were significantly worse than the current Oilers team. I know there's this narrative currently that they're not, but that Canadiens team's best players were an older Carey Price playing in some of his final games in his career, and a 36 year old Shea Weber literally playing the final games of his career in that series. They finished at the bottom of the league the next year.

Anyone who thinks Montreal wasn’t the worst cup final team of the salary cap era (hell, since the 1967 expansion) is clueless.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Please count us out.

How could we possibly win 3 in a row against Florida. We’ve already lost and it is impossible to win 3 in a row.

Wait you actually think the Oilers are going to come back? Umm wow. Didn’t think anyone actually believed that.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Please count us out.

How could we possibly win 3 in a row against Florida. We’ve already lost and it is impossible to win 3

The next game will be huge. If the Oilers get a win in Florida and can bring it back home for game 6, lookout. I expect the Panthers to settle down and play a smarter game in game 5 though. It depends which Bobrovsky is in game 5.

Reactions: Satire

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow imagine if Bob is completely undone by this loss
Doubt it.

And I was giving Bobrovsky more shit than he deserved at times earlier in the playoffs, but I'm sure he'll be fine.

The Oilers weren't gonna get swept. It hasn't happened in the cup finals in 26 years.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Oilers deserve to be ahead in this game and if they keep playing like they are should win this game. Florida needs to realize they have dig in harder to win the fourth game of the series.
Pretty sure the players realize that

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
So whats everyone feeling here?

McDavid only needs 10 more points to match Gretzkys 47. Is 3 more games enough, or does he fall slightly short come game 7?
Da faq you on about. Who cares? Oilers and their fans only care about one thing right now - that's winning this game. Stats don't matter.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
But you have not had to play a team of Florida's caliber in all of the games

Streaks are nice but there are no Shark, Black Hawk, Yotes night offs.

Florida is showing how hard it is to win 4 in a row against a very good team.

Anything is possible though. Not saying impossible, but still improbable.
Anything is possible. Im loving the write off comments though. Florida is full marks for the 3-0 series lead but they are lucky to have it. Bob played really well and stole a game.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yet you embraced the Bruins when they brought this same type of play when they won in 2011 and when they went on runs after that. Marchand, Lucic and a few others playing this type of hockey

Marchand was a rookie.

Lucic? As tough as any in the NHL at that point.

Those Bruins were very different than the act Florida puts on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad