GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The officiating has been disgraceful, last game the Oilers only had 3x as many powerplays as the Panthers, if they called the game properly Florida should have been shorthanded at least 15 times.

Panthers should be ashamed of themselves too, having their best player sit out the last 10 minutes of a 1 goal game to try and get Drai suspended. Karma is coming for Florida.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oilers have Florida right where they want them.

Reverse sweep incoming - and it starts tonight.

IMG_0514.gif

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
The officiating has been disgraceful, last game the Oilers only had 3x as many powerplays as the Panthers, if they called the game properly Florida should have been shorthanded at least 15 times.

Panthers should be ashamed of themselves too, having their best player sit out the last 10 minutes of a 1 goal game to try and get Drai suspended. Karma is coming for Florida.
Tkachuk is going to stub his toe carrying the cup out of his pool

• Haha
Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Potentially seeing Tkachuk and Bennett raise the Cup with Florida is like seeing your ex get married to a good-looking, successful businessman. But you wish all the best for your ex's.

Sweep those dirty greasers please!

• Love
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
The Oilers desperately need Draisaitl to get going. Maybe they should try re-uniting him with McDavid at Even Strength? I'm not sure playing him with Perry is going to help him turn things around right now.
He's dealing with a couple different injuries I believe. Notice how he hasn't been a shooting threat on the PP? I agree though if he isn't healthy enough to drive his own line he should be with mcdcvid or even Nuge.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Just end this series so we can all look to the offseason and nitpick at what went wrong and what went right for the contending playoff teams, what a disappointing finals, Oilers to blame for not bringing it. Just end their misery lol

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Just end this series so we can all look to the offseason and nitpick at what went wrong and what went right for the contending playoff teams, what a disappointing finals, Oilers to blame for not bringing it. Just end their misery lol
Considering their past failures would a sweep even count as a failed season for the Oilers? Still impressive how far they have come.

Sometimes ya have to lose before ya win. They lost SCF in the 80s then came roaring back. I think that this wont be the last year we see McDavid and co make it deep.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Considering their past failures would a sweep even count as a failed season for the Oilers? Still impressive how far they have come.

Reaching the Finals is a big accomplishment, not the same as winning the Stanley Cup obviously but still very respectable. Critics can no longer say McDrai can’t produce in the playoffs, McDavid is behind only Lemieux & Gretzky in playoff points which is a remarkable achievement. However getting swept in the finals will be brought up and diminish their solid season, they need to win a game here or the McDavid crying with a broom memes are going to be back in full effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: elmaco

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You're welcome.

Just think how much fun it'll be when I turn out to be right though.
Lol! At this point I think even Edmonton fans would feel better if you predicted a Florida blowout. 😆

The Oilers have already proven they can beat Florida according to the Knob. I really don’t see much of an incentive for the Oilers to prove anything more tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad