GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

dIGJPer.jpeg

(Oilers trail series 0-3)

Game Day: Saturday June 15 2024
Game Time: 6:00PM
Broadcast: SN

-----

OIG3.S.BncINCJ9XhmcT7Swx_

-----

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

GAME 1

GAME 2

GAME 3

------

extralarge.png

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Warren Foegele - Leon Draisaitl - Corey Perry
Mattias Janmark - Adam Henrique - Connor Brown
Dylan Holloway - Ryan McLeod - Derek Ryan

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Philip Broberg
Brett Kulak - Cody Ceci

Stuart Skinner

-----

extralarge.png

Carter Verhaeghe - Aleksander Barkov - Sam Reinhart
Matthew Tkachuk - Sam Bennett - Evan Rodrigues
Eetu Luostarinen - Anton Lundell - Vladimir Tarasenko
Steven Lorentz - Kevin Stenlund - Kyle Okposo

Gustav Forsling - Aaron Ekblad
Niko Mikkola - Brandon Montour
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Dmitry Kulikov

Sergei Bobrovsky

-----

OhP88N1.jpeg

• Projected lineups based on practice.

• Just win.

Last edited:

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Well, sadly it's come down to this. The odds of us coming back to win this are about as likely as me getting a date with Selma Hayek.

World War 2 was raging across Europe when the Maple Leafs did it. That's how long it's been and it only happend once. All I'm asking for is for 1 win. JUST 1. PLEASE!

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
You can't be serious. Drafting, coaching, management and of course the players.

Omg the guy who is Mr Positive let's fire him
Maybe it actually is Mr Positive. Then he can stay.

But they might be overthinking things. They are literally choking.

Reactions: Mr Positive

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Brandon Perlini does some Youtube videos now and mentioned how much he loved the organization and Dave Tippett. He mentioned Tipp was a coach who would tell you straight up what he can and can't do. Where his hands are tied in terms of decision making above him etc. We have to remember there are only so many things Knoblauch is allowed to do with scratches. Maybe he simply isn't allowed to scratch or dress certain people, or highly encouraged not to by the GM and presidents etc.

I have no clue how you can let Nurse, Ceci, and Skinner see the ice tonight with the season on the line.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
They are calling out the core on hot stove this morning. Something they say Edmonton media won't do.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I expect more of the same tonight:
- Out-chancing Florida and doubling them in offensive zone time.
- Numerous Grade A Saves by Bob
- Defensive debacle for a few minutes leading to several goals against
- Skinner letting in a bad goal or two

I would have said rinse and repeat but thankfully we won’t have to repeat again.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Avoid being swept, and this season could potentially be seen as a +.
But even if, this team is still away from being there. I believe it could've looked like this against Vegas, maybe even additional teams.
People point out that Draisaitl was a no-show this series, but he carried them through LA and Vancouver. Without him, they wouldn’t be here, while McDavid showed up late.
It's simply not possible for two players to carry you to a cup. It's 23-28 games of very physical and tight hockey against opponents who are dialed in on exactly these two players.
Barkov is able to make such a difference because he hadn't to do it in the three series prior. If your team has an overall high standard and default, it gives your impact-makers a chance to take some rest and hide while the team is still able to get some wins, they can spread their energy and input through the whole run.

The Panthers learned it last year, there will be a lot of work to do this off-season. You can't have Skinner as your starter, ideally a different defenseman arrives (great if Broberg could finally grow into this position, the cheapest possible scenario), and it would be time to acquire a winger for Draisaitl who actually stays with him for the 90+ games, giving some depth to the third line simultaneously.

Looking at tonight, I would be surprised if they won't find a way to win. Florida will want to get the cup as soon as possible (I don't believe in the narrative that they want to win it at home as they don't want to bring themselves in an uncomfortable position). But they will not play with the relentlessness and eagerness of previous games, and I expect the Oilers to do exactly this to save some face at home. Tonight should be the easiest game to win. If they can't do it tonight, they would've never.

asa

Mar 3, 2014
Can anyone explain to me what all is included with club access.
I know at the old rink you got access to the bar underneath, but not sure about Roger’s?

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Putting two hands of stone players with Draisaitl every game and wondering why they aren't generating anything.

Backs against the walls, run McDrai 30 minutes. No other option. I don't understand how you see we have nothing going at evens all series and still haven't done this.

Reactions: Duke74

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Putting two hands of stone players with Draisaitl every game and wondering why they aren't generating anything.

Backs against the walls, run McDrai 30 minutes. No other option. I don't understand how you see we have nothing going at evens all series and still haven't done this.
Acting like Leon is playing good and it's just his linemates is disingenuous the guy has been coasting all over the ice until he has the puck on his stick. Watching players blow by him to make odd man chances has been pretty infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad