GDT: SCF: GAME 5 - YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR: TIME TO FINISH THE REDEMPTION ARC. TIME TO FINISH THE JOB, 8PM ET, ABC

When will the puck drop?

• 8:15 ET

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 8:16 ET

• 8:17 ET

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 8:18 ET

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • 8:19 ET

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 8:20 ET

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 8:21 ET

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • 8:22 ET

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • 8:23 ET

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 8:24 ET

• 8:25 ET

• 8:26 ET

• 8:27 ET

• 8:28 ET

• 8:29 ET

• 8:30 ET

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
When I see that level of disrespect for the game (his f***ing dive he got called on), well it just crosses the line. It becomes way too much like soccer, minus the rolling and writhing in fake pain part, but disgusting in my eyes.
If Draisaitl does it or anyone else, same thing.
But, I was talking about this game, and that decision that Tkachuk made.
WhenBennett went off last game like he had serious knee injury and came back next shift , he showed up the refs and are not getting anymore favors , and the refs are now watching for their dives , embarrassing team they are

rdd8771

Jun 18, 2024
Only chance the Panthers have is if they posion McDavid. Other than that they are screwed.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If the Panthers do choke, i wonder how mentally crushed they will be and will that have any affect on them next season.

I mean i already don't see them making the finals next year just becasue the odds arent in their favor since making the cup finals 3 years in a row is rare.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Oilers do the travel thing all year last year theyvwere out in the second round and still traveled head and hmsholders more distance then any other NHL team
Where do the Panthers rank? Playoffs are a lot harder on the body. If anything I would think the older players like Bob,Okposo and Perry might be starting to feel a bit tired

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
If anyone can come back from 0-3 down, it would be the best player in the world leading the charge. The Conn Smythe is already McDavid's, he just needs to secure the cup now.

It should already be his after tonight, but the questions about his true greatness need to end. Right now he's being compared to Crosby and Jagr, when he should really be compared to Gretzky and Lemieux. A cup secures that conversation.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Did anybody notice (those of you watching the ABC feed) how much more passionate Sean McDonogh's calls have been in Games 4 and 5 compared to Game 3 when it sounded like he was calling a funeral? Either he was on something in Game 3 or he read the press clippings and realized how ridiculous he sounded and upped his game.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Florida hasn't gotten the memo that you cannot allow a goal against while on the man advantage and expect to win the game, they have done this way too much in this series and if they lose the Cup, it will because of this. They need to get their shit together and Maruice acting all nice like it is ok, it is all part of a series. He needs to check himself because it is not alright. Tolerate shit, you get shit upon.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I could see the Panthers surprising and taking it in 6 games. Everyone now expects the Oilers to win and force Game 7, they have a good amount of pressure on them to deliver.

If Bob is human again, it's going the distance. He's been the 2nd best goalie for the last few games here.

Reactions: Skate2Stick

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I guarantee you Florida wont win Saturday night.

I'm willing to bet you $500 000. You in?

I'm willing to bet you don't have $500,000 to bet on hockey.

It should already be his after tonight, but the questions about his true greatness need to end. Right now he's being compared to Crosby and Jagr, when he should really be compared to Gretzky and Lemieux. A cup secures that conversation.

I don't think he even needs a Cup, what he's doing right now speaks for itself. 8 points in 2 elimination games in the SCF is just superhuman.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Maurice really needs to shuffle his lines to find a spark. Like I mean change all 4 lines like Knobblauch has this series. But I think it's his defense that has been costing them the last 2 games. How you let Perry walk right into the slot on the game winner is beyond me.

Reactions: DRAGO 18

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Maurice really needs to shuffle his lines to find a spark. Like I mean change all 4 lines like Knobblauch has this series. But I think it's his defense that has been costing them the last 2 games. How you let Perry walk right into the slot on the game winner is beyond me.
You let him walk right into the slot because you're shorthanded and you have to respect McDavid doing McDavid things.

lol do we know what this was in response to?
That was just him watching the game lol. They cut to him before a faceoff or something.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Common or typical, maybe, practical and reasonable, no. They’re professional athletes, a slightly compressed schedule won’t kill em and in my view makes for
More continuity and better product.

I think the extra day off in the final between venue changes is typical of recent years..... it might make less sense in a Chicago/boston final, but Edmonton and fort Lauderdale area are worlds apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad