GDT: SCF: GAME 5 - YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR: TIME TO FINISH THE REDEMPTION ARC. TIME TO FINISH THE JOB, 8PM ET, ABC

When will the puck drop?

• 8:15 ET

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 8:16 ET

• 8:17 ET

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 8:18 ET

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • 8:19 ET

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 8:20 ET

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 8:21 ET

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • 8:22 ET

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • 8:23 ET

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 8:24 ET

• 8:25 ET

• 8:26 ET

• 8:27 ET

• 8:28 ET

• 8:29 ET

• 8:30 ET

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
Quite pathetic reffing in the 3rd there

calling thachuk for embellishment and then not calling a dive on the oilers for the same giving oilers PP; and hell not even calling too many men penalty on the oilers; forget about giveing oilers all the PPs

it really ruins watching the game as a neutral fan. At least f***ing call it even ffs
If it was any other team, I'd agree. With that said, Florida is in no position ever to play that card. I don't care how many Campbell family members send emails over it.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I don't even care if Florida plays well. If Bob isn't going to be a god anymore the Oilers have a great chance.

He doesn't have to be, he just doesn't have to let in stinker's like that 4th goal. Florida outshot EDM in the last half the game. If Florida starts on time & brings that same game they finished with, special teams will be the Oilers only hope.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
The hand wringing over reffing game after game is wasted energy. NHL reffing is for the most part crap. Might as well just expect it every game. That said, thankfully the on-ice reffing has not decided the games in this series. FLA and EDM have both deserved their respective wins.

Reactions: Sentinel

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Panthers need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they're a serious hockey team.
8-1 in game 4
4-1 partway thru game 5 on home ice

Truly embarrassing stuff
Still got 2 chances. In all honesty this game felt pretty evenly played. Panthers really turned on the Jets on the second half of the game. I'm not saying they should be overconfident, but they're still firmly in the driver's seat. Oilers going to have a lot of pressure on them not to embarrass themselves in their home barn.

Reactions: Felidae

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I'm an Oilers fan so I've known the feeling. I've seen it happen a few times this year and in playoffs past. Sometimes really good teams are their own worst enemy. It'll be a really interesting game 6. The Panthers were crazy close tonight.
I really doubt you know the feeling Panthers fans have atm

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
They actually came out strong the last two games with the better chances in the first minutes.

Could have been a very different game had Ekblad scored early in the game.

I dont really see it that way, game 2 they played to there potential, tonight they were outshot yet again in the first. When they play at there best there is very little time and space and edmonton was getting chances. Think they only registered a shot in the final 14 minutes.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Montour looks AHL tier, either causing or defending badly odd mans every shift, can’t pass, can’t shoot.

Verhaeghe looks butter soft and can’t shoot.

Okposo isn’t NHL caliber on a contender.

Barkov looks not 100%

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Was wonderful watching these playoffs with my youngest son - he has never really shown much interest in the Stanley Cup Finals until this year. Truly has been an entertaining playoffs. Would love to cap this off with the Oilers making history in a couple of games - that will be a memory for the rest of his life. What a great series this has developed to me, despite the initial few games, which were closer than the score indicated. Hope this goes to OT in game 7!

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
No they started great. A boneheaded play on the pp by Montour got the game going the wrong way.

Edmonton was outshooting them early in the first and they had one shot in the final 14 minutes? Im not talking the first two minutes, Im talking the first period.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Am I the only one who feels Miller did a better job shutting McDavid down than Barkov has so far?
I think you're right. Though I think McDavid was also playing through a minor injury at that point too. It's why they put him and Drai on the same line (both dealing with injuries).

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Panthers need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they're a serious hockey team.
8-1 in game 4
4-1 partway thru game 5 on home ice

Truly embarrassing stuff

They’re playing their second SC final in two years, I think they can be considered serious….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad