SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Panthers have been better in almost every aspect of the game. Really shows just how incomplete the Oilers roster still is at this point.

Here's hoping the Oilers can finally address some of the gaping holes on defence and in net this off-season.

Let's hope the Oilers can at least avoid the sweep.
Their D and goaltending is pretty much all under contract and set to return next season to run it back, barring trades. So that's .. something all other teams in the division wanna see.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Pens fan. No skin in this. Was kinda hoping Oilers would take it because it would be nice to have a Canadian team raise the Cup. Not sure if Panthers are that good or Oilers that flawed. Possibly both. Sweep probable.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I don’t understand people who say Edmonton has been the better team and Florida just has better luck?

Florida is superior in all the little details of hockey. The zone exits for example are like night and day
I'm an Oilers fan and there is no contest on goaltending, defense and the PK is good enough to neuter the PP. Florida clearly wants it more. Just hope they can win one at home and not get swept. ewww

Last edited:
Reactions: Laus723 and BB88

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Reminds me of the Kings in 2012, except they won the ultimate prize. Faced Daniel-less Canucks for first 3 games in 1st round, a Blues team with AP down, and then the Coyotes, enough said.
I think the Kings team made everyone they played look worse than they actually were. This Panthers team actually reminds me a lot of the 2012 Kings team. Incredible depth and goaltending and they just grind their way to the Cup.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The whining with a condescending lecture.
It’s a shame. Such biased views.
“Everyone who has played hockey...”. LoL maybe come to FL and learn about hockey. Unbelievable whiny bullshit stfu.

Oh the horror!! Clown show. Oiler fans should be embarrassed by all of your whining. Dirrrty dirrrrty!
This little Oilfan cried wee wee wee all the way home.

Did he post a follow-up to this one?

Reactions: Laus723

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
I really thought McDavid would show up and win today then lose the next one.

I know EDM fans don't want to hear it but I appreciate not blaming the refs as much.

It seems like you finally realized that you are just overmatched. Major props to you.

I have NO DOUBT McDavid will win a cup in EDM. Need goalie help and another puck moving D man.

I do not want any panther fan to think that Tampa has anything to do with your success.

You guys are playing elite level hockey...but a little part of me wants to believe that you learned playoff hockey from playing against us. You saw...you did what you needed to...just let me have that little bit. Barkov is fing amazing.
Tampa has a lot to do with how the Panthers look today.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
How on earth is Barkov's playoff performance historic?

And wait, how is McDavid subpar in the playoffs? Guy has 34 points. Barkov has 21, by the way.

Such strange romanticization.
There exists a 'level of play' that supersedes simple point totals and statistics. Barkov and McDavid are a perfect example of this. Yes, McDavid is racking up the points these playoffs. But just watching him - his style, his body language, the emotion behind it all - it's really just regular season McD maybe elevated a bit. Barkov on the other hand, has has turned the 'switch' on to beast-mode from game #1 vs Tampa. He's feisty, spicy and has absolute control of the ice almost every shift. Did you see his goal last night? It's like he's playing EA NHL on rookie mode out there. It's ridiculous.

McDavid thought the "regular season, historic numbers" version of himself was enough to carry him forward in the playoffs. Barkov turned into a f***ing werewolf.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Well, this turned into a disappointing final.

Oilers just so anti-clutch. Watching these games you feel like it’s just a matter of time until they f up.

Other than that it’s been a pretty even series overall, with the trailing team having more of the chances.

Looking forward to seeing 4 new Finns lifting the cup.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I do wonder if the Oilers just “ran out of gas” here, as good as the Panthers have been there are other factors at play here. Injuries around the Oil lineup, travel time, home ice advantage to start. I don’t think it’s only* the Panthers defensive acumen leading to this 3-0 tilt.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Their D and goaltending is pretty much all under contract and set to return next season to run it back, barring trades. So that's .. something all other teams in the division wanna see.
Half their defence is UFA (Montour, Kulikov and OEL). All experienced dmen and espescially Montour would be a loss if hes gone.

On forwards they have Tarasenko and Reinhart as UFA's in the top 9. They have 20 million cap space and Lundell will get a raise. So they dont have a lot of cap after Lundell is signed with only 8 forwards signed and 3 defencemen gone UFA. So they will probably have a little less depth next year.

Reactions: behemolari

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I don’t understand people who say Edmonton has been the better team and Florida just has better luck?

Florida is superior in all the little details of hockey. The zone exits for example are like night and day
Will this be the second time in just two years, when Florida will sweep their opponents and their coach will come out to say it wasn't really a sweep?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
It's unbelievable to me that ESPN considers Sean McDonough their top commentator.

At times tonight the game felt like a preseason game based on his commentary. Bob Wischusen or someone else should be calling these games.
I miss Doc Emrich so much. He’s better than most of the current PBP guys combined.

Every minute felt more intense

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I do wonder if the Oilers just “ran out of gas” here, as good as the Panthers have been there are other factors at play here. Injuries around the Oil lineup, travel time, home ice advantage to start. I don’t think it’s only* the Panthers defensive acumen leading to this 3-0 tilt.
Oilers are a great team but I dont think its a ran out of gas situation for them. Florida is just the complete package. they are strong upfront, in the middle, on the backend and have a great goalie. they just have no answers for them. perfectly built team Florida has.
McDavid is going to have to kick it up a few notches to get them back in this one

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Those who do more than just stat watch understand that Florida has downright been better than Edmonton for all 3 games

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

The Oilers are one line, one pairing, and the rest is an AHL team. All we heard was the same crap over and over; how they were deeper than the Panthers, had the greatest PP ever, we would not be able to contain McDrai, they are just as well coached, wait to the Panthers play in their barn...blah blah blah.

And anytime there was rebuttal, it was always the same trash response "we heard the same against Dallas." Well guess what, you might have heard the same against Dallas, but the Panthers certainly are not Dallas.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I was mocked for even suggestin Barkov could slow down McDavid& Drai, not shut them down but to slow them down.

They were supposed to eat Barkov for lunch, what happened?

Hey I was told the East was figure skating on ice compared to the West when I said that Florida was going to crush whoever comes out of the West when it was only Dallas and Edmonton left. I gotta go dig and see who posted that take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad