Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Why a whole week off? Never seen this before. Bettman and da bois trying to give FLA some extra rest?

• Haha
Reactions: Esteban

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
It will be a good series. Lots of contrast. Oilers top line and Bouchard are elite. Fla has great depth and an elite goalie. Skinner is inconsistent but they've insulated him well. Fla won't deviate from its system. Oilers there for 1st time. Fla motivated after last year.

In the end, I think Fla can wear down and frustrate Oilers. Bob is a difference maker. Having home ice is big
That’s going to be a huge factor, for sure.

Reactions: Mike C

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Foshizzle said:
Essentially. Most of the posters on HFOil avoid the mains like the plague. Someone on here posted something from an “oilers fan”…never seen him post on HFOil- have no clue who he is and I’ve been on this forum since 2004

yeah- not sure who those posters are.
I am confident in saying that if you come to HFOil respectfully and ask questions- 98% of the posters will be happy to answer and wish you guys luck.
We’ve read it 5 times now. The words haven’t changed, and you still mischaracterize what he’s saying.

“Lunatics” which was the meat of your jab at our fanbase is coming from you. Not him.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oilers special teams are too good. Oilers in 4. McDavid cements his legacy with a Conn Smythe.
Oilers ain't getting a special teams edge against a team that has a Campbell on the payroll.

Though they've been good enough 5 on 5 these playoffs anyways imo.

Reactions: foshizzle

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Oilers special teams are too good. Oilers in 4. McDavid cements his legacy with a Conn Smythe.
It would be beyond a miracle for the Oilers to win four straight. It is absolutely not going to happen.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I can't see an Oilers sweep. I will say their PK has be exquisite. The may give McDavid the Smythe if they win and he may well earn it. My vote would go to Hyman right now. Probably Reinhardt for Fla

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We’ve read it 5 times now. The words haven’t changed, and you still mischaracterize what he’s saying.

“Lunatics” which was the meat of your jab at our fanbase is coming from you. Not him.
Read the thread yourself, there were other quotes, but I don't care enough to look them up again.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
They're trying to "grow the game" some more by giving most people enough time to forget that the playoffs are still going.
I keep saying it, the issue is with the NBA finals schedule, otherwise SN would be the only national telecast.

They aren't showing that south of the border even if it's hands down better than ESPN/TNT

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I keep saying it, the issue is with the NBA finals schedule, otherwise SN would be the only national telecast.

They aren't showing that south of the border even if it's hands down better than ESPN/TNT
I wonder how much of it had to do with Dallas, specifically. They had to finalize things but also had to plan around the possibility of both the Stars and Mavericks playing. The NBA may have had the same problem.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I wonder how much of it had to do with Dallas, specifically. They had to finalize things but also had to plan around the possibility of both the Stars and Mavericks playing. The NBA may have had the same problem.
Amerant Bank Arena is booked like 200 nights a year too, but there was never going to be a NHL/NBA Finals conflict with all the money they pay for the TV rights.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Kane is the x factor in my eyes. If Tkachuk/Bennett wakes the bear up, look out...

So has Forsling overtaken Ekblad as the best dman on the Panthers? Seems like 6 solid guys on the back end

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Read the thread yourself, there were other quotes, but I don't care enough to look them up again.
No no I read the boy who cried wolf. No wild goose chases for me. Maybe instead of quoting the same non-supporting quote 5 times you could have pulled one of those other ones in that time.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Kane is the x factor in my eyes. If Tkachuk/Bennett wakes the bear up, look out...

So has Forsling overtaken Ekblad as the best dman on the Panthers? Seems like 6 solid guys on the back end
Yes he has, but he only plays 5v5 and PK, 0 PP time.

Montour is the top guy, OEL on the 2nd unit

Reactions: McJC

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I hear a lot of media talk about how tough the Panthers are and they are bullies. Who gives them that reputation?
Bennett is tough as nails.
Other than him, Tkachuk and Lomberg are more in the pest category.
on the backend. Mikkola? Sort of mid tier tough.
I guess it is just buy in from everyone but I don’t see a
Roster that screams bullies?
It’s mostly from people getting their panties twisted over watching their team play against FL’s aggressive forechecking style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad