Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (FLA Leads 3-2)

Who do you have?

• Florida in 4

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Florida in 5

Votes: 187 14.6%
  • Florida in 6

Votes: 377 29.5%
  • Florida in 7

Votes: 106 8.3%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 53 4.1%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 332 26.0%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 148 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png
IMG_6405.jpeg

Last edited:

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
If there's anyone that can end Canada's Cup drought, it's McDavid. Oilers in 7.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Is the Cup going back to Southern Florida or up North. I know the Cup likes the sunshine and humidity in SoFlo it's been there a lot the past several years. Will be a good series, can't wait to drive down from my summer home in Sarasota to see the cup during the parade 😏

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Edmonton wins but 1 game when Florida takes too many penalties.

Edmonton is going to have to up their physicality vs. Flordia. Hopefully the NHL calls the games cleanly and lets skill take precedence over dirty stuff.

True, that way Florida can outshoot the Oilers every game.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Florida will win but it will be harder for them than many of you think. Florida will likely be better even strength but the Oilers PK and PP are both much better than any team Florida has faced.
This is the right take, IMO.

I feel Barkov is going to play McDavid extremely tough. It could make all the difference in the series.

Reactions: olli

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
It’s funny how you guys keep trying to will the underdog thing. You have two of the best players in the world, including a top 10 player of all time.

You don’t get to be an underdog with the pieces you have. Win the cup or shamefur dispray.

Seriously. Anyone comparing this to 2006 is out of their mind. This core should not have taken 9 seasons to make the SCF. Interested to see if they can get it done.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
TB is being vastly underrated, if we had lost I think they would have been here instead. IMO
For real? Damn. I thought they lived and breathed by Kuch. And Vasi was not his old self anymore.

Seriously. Anyone comparing this to 2006 is out of their mind. This core should not have taken 9 seasons to make the SCF. Interested to see if they can get it done.
Well you have seen our GMs right? Lmao

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
I'm pulling for oilers in 6 again but I think the panthers will be the boyz toughest opponent these playoffs.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
TB is being vastly underrated, if we had lost I think they would have been here instead. IMO
In theory but Florida had to beat two really good goalies and Tampa doesn’t have the forward depth or close to the d depth of Florida.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Vegas rolled Florida in 5 last year, Oilers will probably do the same. Oilers in 5 or 6.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Hope the Panthers underestimate the Oilers just like HF's braintrust who claimed Dallas would stomp Edmonton in 4 or 5 did.

This team will happily embrace the underdog role. Anybody that thinks this series is going to be easily decided doesn't know hockey. Or sports.

These comments are so stupid.

Yes, because on the off days, Panthers players log in to HFBoards to get their daily dose of hockey.

"Oh look at the polls numbers. Lots of people think we are going to win. Lets take the Oilers lightly!"

The Panthers WERE the underdog last playoffs. They know the feeling with their backs against the wall, and what its like being the underdog.

They kept that feeling all offseason, and brought it with them into this season. It has been all business for this team since day 1 of training camp. If you think they are underestimating anyone at this point of the season, then you dont know hockey. Or sports.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
In theory but Florida had to beat two really good goalies and Tampa doesn’t have the forward depth or close to the d depth of Florida.
Both TB and Boston will be at the top of the league again next season, I laugh when people tell me this changing of the guard is coming.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Please just get McDavid his cup so we can stop hearing that tired argument and we can discuss him in proper context already.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Don’t know how you can recover from back to back finals losses after 2 terrific years, would be absolutely devastating, more pressure on Florida.
97 is the chosen one he has to win it all to cement his legacy as one of the all time greats. Can't think of a more pressure scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad