Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Well said.

I just watched that again. Jumbo Joe, prime pavelski, burns, couture. How can they not finish the kings? Unbelievable. The kings were supposed to be the pretenders and that was the sharks year to win it. They even traded for Boyle.

Quick let in 13 goals in the first 2.

Reactions: shuchukfan

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Game 3.
Panthers lead 4-1. Oil then won third period and made it 4-3 almost sending it to OT. Took over in game 4.

Game 5
Oilers lead 4-1. Panthers won third period and made it 4-3. Almost sending it to OT.
something worth mentioning

Went from boring final to great final last night.

Game 7 Monday ? Hope so!

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

I just watched that again. Jumbo Joe, prime pavelski, burns, couture. How can they not finish the kings? Unbelievable. The kings were supposed to be the pretenders and that was the sharks year to win it. They even traded for Boyle.

Pretty sure Boyle had been with the sharks like 5-6 years at that point.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Come to think of it, I started following the Bruins closely in 2013 because of Tuukka Rask.

Chicago heartache.
St. Louis.
Vegas.

Now maybe the Oilers. No luck at all. 🙈

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Florida needs to win the goaltending battle to win the series. They just need to win it one more time out of two games. Seems to me that's the difference in this series. Which ever team gets the saves gets the W. Huge pressure on Bob to get this cup win.
Bob has been going prime skinner mode the past 3 games. That third goal on Bob by McDavid was skinner-like.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
so people saying a 3-0 comeback doesn't happen in the SCF, you bring up a NON SCF playoff series as proof that it does?

am I getting that wrong?
Yes you are getting it wrong.

Here is my argument:

1. People keep saying a 3-0 comeback has only happened once, often omitting the fact that this actually only applies specifically to the SCF
2. People who only read or hear this without looking it up themselves (98% of the internet) take this to mean it has only ever happened once in all playoff series ever
3. They continue to spread this misunderstanding, further cementing it
4. I point out it has happened outside that one SCF from 80 years ago and use LA-San José as an example

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Not at all.

Bobrovsky was otherwordly in game 1. Game 2 was exactly the type of game the Panthers want to play against the Oilers, they gave us absolutely nothing. I've never seen a team give up 0 high danger chances in a game before but that's what Florida did in game 2. Game 3 Edmonton was the better team, but Florida did enough to win. Game 4 Edmonton blew them out, happens sometimes. Game 5 I actually felt Florida was the better team, but Edmonton (McDavid) simply wouldn't be denied.

Bob may have been otherworldly - but turnovers and bad plays by the 3 amigos (Bouchard, Skinner and Nurse) cost them the first 3 games.

After the first 3 games - everyone was talking like Florida was unbeatable - I wasn't sure anyone actually watched the games...I simply saw Edmonton throwing the games away because of mistakes.

Have you noticed that literally nobody agrees with you? Lmfao

Literally everyone thought the Oilers would get swept after game 3 as well. Now look at us.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Bob may have been otherworldly - but turnovers and bad plays by the 3 amigos (Bouchard, Skinner and Nurse) cost them the first 3 games.

After the first 3 games - everyone was talking like Florida was unbeatable - I wasn't sure anyone actually watched the games...I simply saw Edmonton throwing the games away because of mistakes.

Literally everyone thought the Oilers would get swept after game 3 as well. Now look at us.
The difference is Florida has Barbie in goal getting yanked and crying on the bench. Oiler fans should have fans bringing barbie dolls and throwing them on the ice after a goal.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Yes you are getting it wrong.

Here is my argument:

1. People keep saying a 3-0 comeback has only happened once, often omitting the fact that this actually only applies specifically to the SCF
2. People who only read or hear this without looking it up themselves (98% of the internet) take this to mean it has only ever happened once in all playoff series ever
3. They continue to spread this misunderstanding, further cementing it
4. I point out it has happened outside that one SCF from 80 years ago and use LA-San José as an example
OK,so im not getting it wrong you are just spitting incredibly small hairs here because im only replying about the SCF. I don't care about outside of the SCF because we are talking about SCF here.

Reactions: IslesNbeer

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
OK,so im not getting it wrong you are just spitting incredibly small hairs here because im only replying about the SCF. I don't care about outside of the SCF because we are talking about SCF here.
You replied specifically to MY post telling me I'm wrong, and now you're backpedaling because YOU are talking about the SCF?

The difference between once in all of hockey history and four times is significant. It's not "spitting hairs" as you put it.

I mean, have a nice day I guess.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You replied specifically to MY post telling me I'm wrong, and now you're backpedaling because YOU are talking about the SCF?

I mean, have a nice day I guess
No, I said he meant SCF. Look at the thread you are in.

You are trying to split the atom, it's irrelevant to the discussio.

but yes, have a nice day.

We both want the same thing at the end of the day.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think that the only reason Brown had enough time to deke was because Barkov stopped skating. I didn't understand why he gave up on the play, even if Brown misses he gets the rebound....
Barkov was slowed up for the same reason Drais is........ hampered by injury.

That shorty was Montour. As was the one in game 4.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

Quick, Quick is the reason. He may have crapped the bed, but he recovered and that team had some great bottom six depth. Stoll was a great C

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Quick, Quick is the reason. He may have crapped the bed, but he recovered and that team had some great bottom six depth. Stoll was a great C
Maybe Skinner cements himself as the next Quick in this series while Barbie can cry on the bench with his girlfriends, Bennett and Tkachuk.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Crawford and Quick were the goalies who took it to game 7. If Skinner keeps playing the way he has, it is going 7 games.

Those kings and Blackhawks teams were good but didn't have McDavid.

These were some of the Ds.

Doughty
Martinez
Muzzin
Green

Keith
Seabrook

Ekholm
Bouchard

The kings basically denied jumbo Joe a cup run with a prime Brent Burns on it.

The Blackhawks were generally very good in that era but 2011 was probably their weakest team. They had to do some shuffling after winning the cup and saw some peices leave. The one I remember was byfuglien but I think there was more .... ladd?

Chris campoli was playing defense for them, which says something in itself.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
No, I said he meant SCF. Look at the thread you are in.

You are trying to split the atom, it's irrelevant to the discussio.

but yes, have a nice day.

We both want the same thing at the end of the day.
What does the thread have anything to do with it? Does the fact it is a SCF series override the fact that it is a series?

It is relevant because it is significant. People think it's only happened once ever which makes it sound damn near impossible to repeat.

In fact, it has happened four times which changes the odds from about 200-1 to 50-1. Do you think that's irrelevant?

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
The Blackhawks were generally very good in that era but 2011 was probably their weakest team. They had to do some shuffling after winning the cup and saw some peices leave. The one I remember was byfuglien but I think there was more .... ladd?

Chris campoli was playing defense for them, which says something in itself.
Losing big buff hurt the hawks. They lost their nuclear weapon. Campoli had no business in the NHL. He was poor man Ceci out there.

Imagine if the oilers have a prime Kassian in the lineup on the 4th line now. Tkachuk would run home to momma.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
What does the thread have anything to do with it? Does the fact it is a SCF series override the fact that it is a series?

It is relevant because it is significant. People think it's only happened once ever which makes it sound damn near impossible to repeat.

In fact, it has happened four times which changes the odds from about 200-1 to 50-1. Do you think that's irrelevant?
im sorry that you can't see the SCF ( the pinnacle of hockey playoffs) is more important than the other series and has more of an impact and it rarer that teams come back 3-0 than a regular playoff series.

it is a distinction worthy of a special achievement being counted above and beyond a than say a WCF or WQF.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Barkov is supposed to win the Conn Smythe apparently. What he did there was beer league stuff

At this point, Florida might want to negotiate for that just in case.
What Montour did there was a beer league stuff.........and on our beer leagueteam he would not get in the room next game with out the obligatory case of beer that comes with a pass play like that.
Barkovs top end speed has been gone since end of Bruins series or early in Rags series. Leon Draistl is not the only guy out getting a pass for being injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad