SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
And another thing:

Thanks to Edmonton, I hope to never read that crap about a team "Losing on purpose to win at home". Astounding that some people actually believed being up 3-0 gave a team licence to treat the SCF as their own private party. Hopefully, that fairy tale has been put to bed and those conspiracy-lovers have figured out how hockey works.

LOL no way the league would let Panthers sweep the series, 4-0 SCF would've been so bad for marketing. They were 100% told behind closed doors to blow game 4 to create drama and interest and get more games for McDavid to break some records, guaranteed game 7 Panthers win on home ice and great "luck" at their next draft lottery whenever that'll be. They are part of the club now!

:sarcasm:

Thomas Tatar

Still a large hurdle for Edmonton. Now the pressure is equally on them not to blow it, they have a shot here.

They gotta come out in game 6 like they did in game 4 , blow them out and put the pressure back on Florida
I disagree, the pressure is not on the Oilers at all. They are one of 4 teams that have comeback to 3-2 from 3-0. They aren’t supposed to be here. Everyone still expects the Panthers to win.

The pressure gets placed on the Oilers in a game 7 if there is one because that means the Cup is now in the building and is something they can hoist. That is a different kind of pressure. Not game 6 though.

Panthers on the other hand, made a promise to win this game (Tkachuk) and didn’t deliver. Coach who has been joking all playoffs looked on the verge of tears after the game. GM threw his water bottle in rage. The team knows they are flirting with a historic collapse and know what waits for them in Edmonton. Pressure is almost squarely on Florida for game 6.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Kudos to the Oilers on making this interesting!

They clearly make adjustments on their coverage, and now minimize the long range tips, and goals around the crease. They also seem to be playing a little dirtier in their own zone, which isn't a bad thing.

Their bottom 6 has woken up!

The way things are, game 6 is going to be interesting...
- If game 5 3rd period Florida team shows up, it's over for the Oilers, unless they can find a way to match their intensity.
- Which Bob are they going to get? Right now it seems the Oilers have solved his wall.
- Can the Oilers make history and get to a game 7 after being down 3?

All in all, this has turned into an exciting series!

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
McDavid has Barkov figured out. Bobrovsky must go nuclear in order for FLA to be able to close the series out.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Connor takes over.

Reinhardt playing like it's a preseason game. Hasn't won a puck battle all series. Got out of way so Bouchard could shoot for the second oiler goal. A simple block and the first line winger bailed on it.
Panthers are done

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I disagree, the pressure is not on the Oilers at all. They are one of 4 teams that have comeback to 3-2 from 3-0. They aren’t supposed to be here. Everyone still expects the Panthers to win.

The pressure gets placed on the Oilers in a game 7 if there is one because that means the Cup is now in the building and is something they can hoist. That is a different kind of pressure. Not game 6 though.

Panthers on the other hand, made a promise to win this game (Tkachuk) and didn’t deliver. Coach who has been joking all playoffs looked on the verge of tears after the game. GM threw his water bottle in rage. The team knows they are flirting with a historic collapse and know what waits for them in Edmonton. Pressure is almost squarely on Florida for game 6.
I remember historically the teams down 3-1 or 3-2 in series have said before they were not nervous til it got to 3-3. I recalls a specific statement by Tortorella about how the plane ride back to Tampa after the Lightning OT win in game 6 was silent the entire way whereas headed there down 3-2 the team was talking and loose, all of a sudden the realization they had the pressure of winning a game 7 at home probably hit them

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Connor takes over.

Reinhardt playing like it's a preseason game. Hasn't won a puck battle all series. Got out of way so Bouchard could shoot for the second oiler goal. A simple block and the first line winger bailed on it.
Panthers are done
I gotta say, that move he made to set up Perry was truly beautiful. I didn't feel this way until last night but I think he's the Smythe winner even if Oilers lose

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Lmao Florida is about to make history and most likely won't see another cup chance for years. How to lose a series when you are up 3-0. McJesus about to win me some money if he wins the next two.

I have money on the Panthers but have no problem losing it to witness the epic comeback

Reactions: Czechboy and Mike C

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
It is nearly a good reverse jinx.

I fully expect the Panthers to win game 6 with Bob just deciding to stop everything.

Game 7 would be awesome to see but the Panthers will score, so only needs one performance from Bob to take the cup.
Just deciding to stop everything, oh ok. The Oilers out playing the Panthers is just a matter of Bob deciding he will play now.

Bob has come back to what Bob has been, good goalie that if you get to him he will overthink. See crying on bench. He does not have a 5 second memory, he is still agonizing over The Game 4, nevermind Game 6.

There is a reason Coach's with 1800 wins never won it all or 35 year old G all of a sudden need to become superman. Tough to break who you are. FLA has 2 more chances, they just need a split. Can they do it or will the 2 most important people be who they always were?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Florida wasn’t nearly as good as the 3-0 series lead at all. You can argue they easily could have lost one of game 1 or 2
Florida dominated Game 2. Games 1 and 3 could have easily gone the Oilers way but so could have Game 5 to Florida.
Overall, it's an even series between the two best teams in the league.

Even if FL wins another game and takes the Cup, it’s McDavid for conn smythe trophy. There’s no doubt about it, to me.
Yeah, McDavid has it on lock pretty much. When you're on a top 5 list (playoff points) littered with Gretzky and Lemeiux, you're winning the Smythe regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad