Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Eh, I dunno. That game was 3-0 before the Panthers showed a pulse. They finished the game with a few more HDCF than Edmonton. I thought it was a similar to the Oilers in game 3.
My take is it wasn’t like game 3 because there was no sustained breakdown by either team tonight. Game 3 was an 8 minute f*** up by Edmonton that most teams would have capitalized on.

Just my take though, super happy either way, as I know you are too. 👍

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Florida needs a reality check. EDM pp came to life and is now haunting them. They can't give up shorties like that. They gotta play a smart game. Man up and play your game. They are playing run and gun. That's suits EDM better

I had Florida in 7. And I've never been wrong before in my life.
Calm down Mr Perfect lool

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
On the bright side for the Panthers, they bought themselves 2 more chances to close this thing out. I predicted them in 6 as well.

On the downside for them, McDavid still exists. Oilers will need to be much better in game 6 than they were in the 2nd half of game 5. If that's the Panthers team that shows up in game 6 then they're winning the Cup on Friday.

Genuinely feels like McDavid will win the Conn Smythe, whether Oilers win or not. Especially with no clear front-runner on the Panthers. I'm okay with that tbh. I'd like to see the Panthers win, but McDavid has undeniably been the best player over the last 2 rounds of these playoffs.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I wasn't all that optimistic that Edmonton could win game 5, but McDavid dragged them to victory. Now the series gets scary for Florida because we have a series again.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If Draisatl hadn't hit Barkov like that I think this series might be over already. Barkov hasn't looked the same since. Shying away from blocking shots and slow to get back. Sometimes out of position on the PK just standing around. Those things aren't like him. If the Panthers lose and I was a fan I would point to that being the turning point of the series and I would probably never get over it lol.

McDavid is going beast mode for sure, that play on Perry's goal was absolutely insane. Best player in the world for sure. The fact he could match or exceed Gretzky's playoff points record and has already exceeded his assist record and has a legit chance at passing both Mario and Gretzky's point totals. Only 2 points before he passes Mario. 3 before he passes Wayne's 2nd highest. 5 before he ties the record. Absolutely insane stats. Yeah, he has a worse points per game than Gretzky did, but the fact he's doing it now is a huge deal.

Also insane that he had zero goals and 3 points through 3 games before their first win, and has since had 8 points in 2 games and...2 goals? 3?

I'm an Oilers hater but McDavid has been super impressive this series. Huge props to him. The 4th and 3rd lines have been great too. Honestly whoever wins this series might come down to who is able to forecheck better and who gets the most production out of their 4th line. Which you wouldn't think would be the case but...kinda has been. For both teams.

Granted, it could also come down to who plays Nurse/Montour the most :3

Bob seems to have fallen back to Earth and Skinner isn't letting in super bad goals. That McDavid goal on Bob was a great shot by him but awful positioning from Bob, should have never been a goal and could have been a tie game if it wasn't. Lots of chances for both teams. Thought Florida played well too and Tkachuk finally woke up and is converting his chances and forechecking well.

Super close series. Looking forward to game 6 (not looking forward to game 7 but if it happens I will probably try and watch it).

Series is currently 1-1 when I've watched so...let's see how it goes on Friday if I remember to tune in 😂

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
I still think Florida wins this, but at this point, I can imagine the Panthers players are genuinely scared.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Still a large hurdle for Edmonton. Now the pressure is equally on them not to blow it, they have a shot here.

They gotta come out in game 6 like they did in game 4 , blow them out and put the pressure back on Florida

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Well, the Oilers have had some pretty good game 6's when facing elimination.

(Pre-McDrai era) 4-0 win over Carolina (lost game 7)
7-1 win over Anaheim (lost game 7)
4-2 win over LA (won game 7)
5-1 win over Vancouver (won game 7)

Last edited:
Reactions: greatwhitenorth

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Tonight’s loss mostly on Montour. Guy has been atrocious.

Better start learning Calgarian buddy, last guy who shot us this bad in the playoffs well they both ended up in Calgary.

Enjoy your showers while they last dumbass that pipe never getting fixed.,
Doesn't seem like he did that bad. Better than Kulikov and Mikkola by my eye, probably OEL too who I thought was bad despite having a goal.

Meanwhile McDavid (and the Oilers PK) did things to Barkov again tonight.

Attachments

• 1718782245175.png
    1718782245175.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 1

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
mcdavid is on a mission carrying the team on his back. skinner was good. special teams played a pivotal role. two short handed goals by janmark and connor brown were good.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Oilers did what they had to do.
Florida needs a little bit better from Bob to close it out, both teams are quite even, better goalie has won every game so far.
Odds still in favour of Panthers but if I was a fan I would have my first doubts now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad