Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

PuckLuckCup

Jun 15, 2024
Over/under on how many times we will hear people complain about the scheduling, the long break before Game 6 on Friday, and how the season should be over already because it is Summer?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
It is still so unlikely that the Oilers will win this, and I have fully accepted it as much as possible.

But tonight, Florida did “deserve” to win. They played well enough that they win that game 90+% of the time.

The only difference I see between the first game in Florida compared to tonight was Bob. The Oilers looked pretty much identical for the first 30 minutes against Florida as they did tonight, but Bob got in their head. That won’t happen again.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
It is still so unlikely that the Oilers will win this, and I have fully accepted it as much as possible.

But tonight, Florida did “deserve” to win. They played well enough that they win that game 90+% of the time.

The only difference I see between the first game in Florida compared to tonight was Bob. The Oilers looked pretty much identical for the first 30 minutes against Florida as they did tonight, but Bob got in their head. That won’t happen again.
"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

You win games or you don't. That was the case for the Oilers and that is the case now.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Oilers look like the better team, likely have figured the Panthers out, toss up now who wins this 3-2 series, the Oilers are coming strong

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Eh, I dunno. That game was 3-0 before the Panthers showed a pulse. They finished the game with a few more HDCF than Edmonton. I thought it was a similar to the Oilers in game 3.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon

Meh. That’s hockey. If “should be” was how hockey was determined the series would look a lot different.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Panthers have no answers for anything the Oilers are throwing at them.

Maurice is who I’ve always said he was, a snake oil salesman that can’t get the job done when it matters most.

And just like his Dad, Matthew Tkachuk won’t ever win a damn thing in the playoffs.

Prediction for game 6 is

Oilers 3
Panthers 0

scliff

Nov 28, 2009
Last edited:
Reactions: Mike C

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I dislike how stressful things are starting to feel again. I feel like both fanbases had like a week of not feeling too worried and now everything's gone to hell again.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

The Panthers "deserved to win..." maybe after the 30 minute mark at best. You don't go down 3-0 after getting spanked up and down the ice a game ago and deserve anything. They've basically shown up for 30 minutes out of 90 so far and let the Oilers back into a series they looked dead in.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: RMF5630 and Mike C

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I dislike how stressful things are starting to feel again. I feel like both fanbases had like a week of not feeling too worried and now everything's gone to hell again.
Same, brother.
Like I said a couple posts ago... The three day waits are killing me.
I want Barkov to win because I am Finnish, but I won't even be mad if the Oilers win it after being down 0-3. There are no excuses for that if the Panthers let it slip through their fingers. Better team win and it's meant to be.
I wish Pulju had panned out. Was so happy the day the Oilers drafted him after his dominance in Junior tournaments. Even followed the Oilers for a while and stayed up to see McDavid score 100 for the first time. 😊

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
The Panthers "deserved to win..." maybe after the 30 minute mark at best. You don't go down 3-0 after getting spanked up and down the ice a game ago and deserve anything. They've basically shown up for 30 minutes out of 90 so far and let the Oilers back into a series they looked dead in.
I'm rooting for Fla but my philosophy is and always has been simple. If you don't score more goals you don't deserve anything

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Eh, I dunno. That game was 3-0 before the Panthers showed a pulse. They finished the game with a few more HDCF than Edmonton. I thought it was a similar to the Oilers in game 3.
My take as well - very similar to game 3, but Stu was better than Bob tonight. Also McDavid played arguably his best game of the playoffs too.

Game 1 - advantage Oilers
Game 2 - advantage Panthers
Game 3 - coin flip
Game 4 - Oilers
Game 5 - coin flip

In all honesty, 3-2 is exactly where this series should be right now. Obviously hoping for an Oilers win in game 6, but don't kid yourselves - Panthers absolutely have the advantage in this series still. Chin up Cats fans - you got a great team over there. As much as dislike playing against Tkachuckles and Bennett, it wouldn't be so bad seeing your fanbase and team get their first cup ever either.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
My take as well - very similar to game 3, but Stu was better than Bob tonight. Also McDavid played arguably his best game of the playoffs too.

Game 1 - advantage Oilers
Game 2 - advantage Panthers
Game 3 - coin flip
Game 4 - Oilers
Game 5 - coin flip

In all honesty, 3-2 is exactly where this series should be right now. Obviously hoping for an Oilers win in game 6, but don't kid yourselves - Panthers absolutely have the advantage in this series still. Chin up Cats fans - you got a great team over there.
Yeah. Losing in the finals 2 years in a row would suck, though. 😭

Reactions: Satire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad