Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 197 76.4%
  • Florida

Votes: 61 23.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Unlucky game, if Florida scores on one of those 2 posts the game plays out completely different

I guess Florida fans get to watch them win the cup at home

• Haha
Reactions: Race Dawg

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
HFboards users suffer massively from recency bias. A 7-goal victory is no more meaningful than a 1-goal victory. I'd rather be the team that has to go 1-2 to win the Cup than 3-0 to win the Cup.
Yea, I mean - full credit to the Oil for dominating and putting on a show for their fans (and all of Canada on a Sat night). They’re not some lousy finalist that deserved to get swept.

But we just saw the Canes try to reverse sweep the Rags. And they were a period away from forcing G7 - but then their goalie gagged and it got away from them. The margin for error is so small - one bad period and you’re done.

As a neutral hockey fan, I hope they can push the Cats - but it’s just a really tall order.

Last edited:

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Before the game, the media was talking about whether Barkov or Bobrovsky gets the conn smythe. Is that still the narrative going into game 5?
Not unless Bobrovsky seriously redeems himself. McDavid has 2x the points of anyone on Florida and just broke one of Gretzky's premier records. It's his to lose IMO.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Unlucky game, if Florida scores on one of those 2 posts the game plays out completely different

I guess Florida fans get to watch them win the cup at home
Reversing the Nurse 5 minute penalty to 2 was crucial also. Full tip of the cap to Oilers. Skinner made that GREAT save on Verhaeghe. Getting the next goal after Fla made it 2-1 was a backbreaker. It was over from there

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
lol this league is so fricken rigged

They want us to believe that Florida totally dominates the first 3 games and then somehow gives up a fu*king 8-1 loss on the night they could have won it all LOL

Whether it's the NHL running the show or the Panthers running the show, they're making sure that Florida wins this in their own home town rink

No way the Panthers completely bulldoze their way through the first 3 games and then lay an 8-1 egg in the Cup-winning game lol... wake up people.. it's embarassing to realise that all those fans in the stands are celebrating and losing their shit over an 8-1 victory all while the players coast on the ice and saying wow what a bunch of idiots, if only they knew what's really going with this league...

sorry to say but when it comes to sports and hundreds of millions of dollars on the line no way do those elite people in control let it come down to just luck... outside interference has and always will be a part of the game and not just hockey but in ALL sports.. history has many, many proven examples of corruption within the games in all sports so if it's happened once it will happen again so don't come up here and try to discount this with your tinfoil hat stories lol...

They're making sure Florida wins this on home ice
They didn’t dominate the first 3 games. So your entire theory goes in the trash.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Before the game, the media was talking about whether Barkov or Bobrovsky gets the conn smythe. Is that still the narrative going into game 5?
Nobody is going to give a shit (including McDavid) if the Panthers win the Cup and McDavid gets the Conn Smythe. It will just be a horrible consolation prize.

Reactions: Satire

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Not interested in reading the previous 223 pages of nonsense. The Oilers played the best possible game they could have. They can win 3 more as crazy or far fetched as that may be.

Reactions: Race Dawg

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Hum. I just got to watch the game and I got to give props to the Oilers. They could have laid down and died, but they showed up and routed this fantastic team on the other side.

I wish that they had come out this way from the beginning, but if there is a team that can erase a 0-3 deficit it is definitely one with Connor McDavid on it.

I will fully believe if they are able to win game 5 in Sunrise.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I don’t care who you cheer for or who your favourite team is.

Personally I’m not Edmonton fan whatsoever, but anyone who tries to play down how good Mcdavid is and uses ridiculous comments like “doesn’t play D” “can’t score” “isn’t a playoff player” “mccrybaby” etc. deserves to be completely ignored

What a blessing it is to see a talent like that in finals. What a performance

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

They want us to believe that Florida totally dominates the first 3 games and then somehow gives up a fu*king 8-1 loss on the night they could have won it all LOL

Whether it's the NHL running the show or the Panthers running the show, they're making sure that Florida wins this in their own home town rink

No way the Panthers completely bulldoze their way through the first 3 games and then lay an 8-1 egg in the Cup-winning game lol... wake up people.. it's embarassing to realise that all those fans in the stands are celebrating and losing their shit over an 8-1 victory all while the players coast on the ice and saying wow what a bunch of idiots, if only they knew what's really going with this league...

sorry to say but when it comes to sports and hundreds of millions of dollars on the line no way do those elite people in control let it come down to just luck... outside interference has and always will be a part of the game and not just hockey but in ALL sports.. history has many, many proven examples of corruption within the games in all sports so if it's happened once it will happen again so don't come up here and try to discount this with your tinfoil hat stories lol...

I only watched like the first 25 minutes of the game, but the Panthers played like absolute crap. It happens. As a fan of this team for 30 years, I can assure you that it actually happens quite a lot.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

They won 3 close games that all featured an empty net. Florida also lost to Chicago and Edmonton lost to San Jose this season. Even the best teams aren't perfect most of the time.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Florida had the chance to seal the deal and instead decided to put one of the biggest stinkers ever seen in a Stanley Cup final. If the Oilers make a comeback in this series, the Panthers will deserve it.

Reactions: illone84

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I only watched like the first 25 minutes of the game, but the Panthers played like absolute crap. It happens. As a fan of this team for 30 years, I can assure you that it actually happens quite a lot.
Yeah a perfect storm of bad from the Panthers vs some good from the Oilers. The 2nd period was particularly bad from the Panthers. This was actually a bit similar to game 1 honestly, but Bob was being a wall and Oilers were not sniping anything. In this circumstance though the game wasn't close going into the 3rd so I think Panthers just went into conservation mode.

I wouldn't expect this in game 5. Panthers likely going to put out their best game of the series on Tuesday. Oilers are going to have to find another gear and Skin er is going to have to be solid for them to find a way to bring it back to Edmonton.

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Hum. I just got to watch the game and I got to give props to the Oilers. They could have laid down and died, but they showed up and routed this fantastic team on the other side.

I wish that they had come out this way from the beginning, but if there is a team that can erase a 0-3 deficit it is definitely one with Connor McDavid on it.

I will fully believe if they are able to win game 5 in Sunrise.

They sort of did. In game 1, they were buzzing, had a number of breakaways and chances, but were stymied by terrific goaltending - but then followed it up by two stinker games, probably putting it all out of reach for them.

Credit to the Panthers, who not only have a truly great team, but have this snake-like mentality to dial in on the opposition mistakes. It's not that just a forward or two is hungry to create turnovers, it's the whole unit on the ice that smells chances to create them, and once they do they strike mercilessly. It seems this ability has gotten to the Oilers, who've had spells of control, but has lost heart from the consistent punishment of mistakes that the Panthers have put upon them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad