Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 186 78.5%
  • Florida

Votes: 51 21.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
A team like Florida needs to win this on home ice. Just wouldn't have the same effect winning it in Edmonton. Optics is everything. Just imagine those plastic rats raining down 😍

• Love
Reactions: HabzSauce

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Nah. The Oilers got off to a quick start, then McDrai got some points and built some momentum. They got a few by Bob and booted him. The Cats got frustrated and started taking penalties. It's a totally different game if Nurse gets a major. Good win Oilers. We'll see what happens game 5.
Cats havent done anything on the pp- stats might actually show the oilers having the better chances while on the pk this entire series which is how bad they've been.

Nurse also wasn't deserving of even 2 there- if you're bailing on a big hit its your responsibility to get more than half your body out of the way. Nurse doesn't stick his knee or leg out there.

Bennett actually knees Bouch in game 2 and only got 2 because Bouchard didn't milk it. Just because a guy lays there like his leg is amputated doesn't mean it's 5.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Apparently a bunch of them flew families in for this one, so I don't think they were conceding anything. Probably a lack of focus, but the Oilers lacked focus in the previous games. It's a tough matchup for both teams, and if both are dialed in the rest of the way, it could go either way.
Fair point - to bring in your family only to not be able to finish business certainly does not lend credence to them coasting. I concede your point.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I know that if I were an athlete, I would never allow myself to ever drop to that low standard of intentionally letting a game get by me. I doubt that the Panthers actually did this.
Full marks to the Oilers for the steamrolling tonight.
True enough. I have some high compete athletes in my family and none of them would be happy with mediocrity and looking ahead to the next game to the detriment of the current one. They would all want to get it done while the opportunity is there, as you never know whether the opportunity would come again.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
He's not wrong. Oilers have been the better team in 2 out of the 3 games. Oilers have outshot the Panthers 86 to 62 this series

As I said, sometimes the better team doesn't win the series. Luck factors into hockey more than any other sport. The sooner fans realize this the better.
All these laugh reactions. Yet it's finally coming into fruition not just on the ice, but on the scoresheet too

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Cats havent done anything on the pp- stats might actually show the oilers having the better chances while on the pk this entire series which is how bad they've been.

Nurse also wasn't deserving of even 2 there- if you're bailing on a big hit its your responsibility to get more than half your body out of the way. Nurse doesn't stick his knee or leg out there.

Bennett actually knees Bouch in game 2 and only got 2 because Bouchard didn't milk it. Just because a guy lays there like his leg is amputated doesn't mean it's 5.
Lol it was a definite knee. It's Bennett 's responsibility to get out of the way of Nurse's knee? No, it's Nurse responsibility for his knee not to run into Bennett's. I love how Oilers fans think Panthers are diving all over the place too. Like, that is the Oilers' rep lol.

• Haha
Reactions: OilerMcLord

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Oilers can be this good. I still think Cats will win, but as the saying goes....it's not over until the fat lady sings.

If somehow Oilers can win the next in Florida, I will eat my crow and believe they might be able to pull this off. Until that, Cats are my pick.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
8-1 loss is pretty significant, the FLA cope is to talk about how they wanted to win on home ice anyway? Sounds good.

Lol it was a definite knee. It's Bennett 's responsibility to get out of the way of Nurse's knee? No, it's Nurse responsibility for his knee not to run into Bennett's. I love how Oilers fans think Panthers are diving all over the place too. Like, that is the Oilers' rep lol.

Wasn't a dive - but wasnt a knee. Nurse had the check lined up the whole way...didnt move...didnt do anything. Bennet could have taken the body check like a big boy - instead its a trip.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Oilers can be this good. I still think Cats will win, but as the saying goes....it's not over until the fat lady sings.

If somehow Oilers can win the next in Florida, I will eat my crow and believe they might be able to pull this off. Until that, Cats are my pick.
Cats should absolutely be your pick. Tonight was glorious. I will cheer to the end. But Panthers will get this.

Reactions: Plural

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Only two comments:

1) as the name might suggest, Burnaby Joe is a notable Avs/Sakic fan, not an Oilers fan… though I have noticed him to recognize talent from time to time (you sly dog you!)

2). In my day kneeing happened when you moved your leg to get a guy who’d avoided your check… both Foegele and Nurse were quite (tragically) simply still hoping to hit their guy on their original trajectory.

Both missed and were rightly penalized for it(bad timing deserves penalties at this level), but in both cases they didn’t change trajectory or compensate for their missed hit… that’s when you see a blown up knee… nothing like the plays we saw, where legit hits were simply dodged.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I love how Oilers fans think Panthers are diving all over the place too. Like, that is the Oilers' rep lol.
This is fantasy. Coaches gameplan to "shut down" McDavid via hooking, holding, slashing, and picking. It's been so normalized that he only draws a handful of calls vs. infractions. It's been suggested that he needs to start embellishing so that refs actually understand that an infraction occurred.

Brown actually did draw a call by embellishing, so there's one.

Barkov and Lorentz drew two softies by embellishing.

And going back to Bennett, he put on a pretty good show. He crawled off the ice while looking at the refs, then made sure to go down the tunnel when they called the review, but didn't miss a shift.

All teams do it to varying degrees, but this game was a pretty terrible example for your lols.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Florida was up 3-0 on the Leafs last playoffs, backed off, gave the Leafs a home-ice win and then closed out the series on home ice with a gentleman's sweep.

Granted, Edmonton is a far better team than Toronto.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I’m not saying the Panthers tried to lose, but I’m sure the urgency wasn’t there knowing they have a chance to win on home ice next game.

Oilers were backed against a wall.

Fully expect Florida to come out hard in game 5 and take the win

Reactions: Jaska

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad